Proposal: Pacioretty to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
With regards to Nash you have to consider the total package and that includes salary and injury history - both of which weight heavily against Nash's value. 3 of the last 4 years he's had injury issues and stayed closer to 40 points (or less) than 60. At 8M a year, people expect significantly more production than that

Last edited:

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
And yet Mtl fans are trying to trade Pacs.... do you even wonder why ?

Yeah, I'll just leave that message here, a reply I've given on another Pacioretty thread...

Coach called him worst captain in Canadiens history + we traded Subban after coach threw him under the bus = people assume Pacioretty is the next one to go because GM has a hard on for the coach... or something like that. And they wonder what's his value in case GM and coach have gone mad after going dumb.

I don't see Pacioretty traded, especially not for a deal that doesn't replace him right away. Pacioretty for a similar player 1 for 1 would be realistic, even if totally dumb. [...]Before the season starts, that'd be like throwing the season away with the core in its prime and Price having 2 years left before new contract... I hope even our management isn't that dumb.

You make your own conclusions over that, but I don't see any Canadiens fan willingly trading Pacioretty in the situation we are in now. We need more offense, not less offense.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You make your own conclusions over that, but I don't see any Canadiens fan willingly trading Pacioretty in the situation we are in now. We need more offense, not less offense.

While it probably wouldn't be the sensible thing to do, I wouldn't rule out that it happens anyway. You have Therrien throwing him under the bus as a potential scapegoat. Then there have been the rumors tossed around that the "locker room discord" that kept getting referred to with regards to the Subban trade was a rift between him and Pacioretty. Should Weber not work out as planned / decline early, or the team overall do badly it wouldn't be shocking at all to see patches as the next guy that has to go.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
While it probably wouldn't be the sensible thing to do, I wouldn't rule out that it happens anyway. You have Therrien throwing him under the bus as a potential scapegoat. Then there have been the rumors tossed around that the "locker room discord" that kept getting referred to with regards to the Subban trade was a rift between him and Pacioretty. Should Weber not work out as planned / decline early, or the team overall do badly it wouldn't be shocking at all to see patches as the next guy that has to go.

Hence what I said. Threads are happening because of that and people assuming, but does that mean we are looking, us fans, to ship Pacioretty out ? Obviously not.

I wouldn't rule out that he could be traded, we've seen Subban traded, we now know anything can happen. But we can say that we don't want Pacioretty traded.

So as per that comment on that guy who would take Nash anytime before Pacioretty and suggesting everyone should think so because we are looking at Pacioretty's value, well, it's not like we truly want to get rid of our best goal scorer :/.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
pacioretty and beaulieu for lindholm and rakell. tough crowd. could see this not working but is there a possibility of something like a first and one of lehkonen, carr, andrighetto, scherbak, hudon or reway for rakell.

I`d do this as a Montreal fan in a heartbeat, which must mean Anaheim fans are gonna hate it.....

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see MB stupidly trading Pacioretty after this season if we have another 2nd round exit, then naming Weber captain to save face on the PK trade "LOOK!! Weber's become Captain in Montreal!! Leadership, grit, intangibles!!!"

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see MB stupidly trading Pacioretty after this season if we have another 2nd round exit, then naming Weber captain to save face on the PK trade "LOOK!! Weber's become Captain in Montreal!! Leadership, grit, intangibles!!!"

I seriously don't like the possibility of that happening ...

I also wonder how would that be viewed in the dressing room. "Hey you guys named your captain, the one you saw fit to lead.. We shipped him out just like that and here's your new captain who you only just started playing with."

I doubt Carey Price, Alex Galchenyuk or Brendan Gallagher stick with the team if Pacioretty is traded on a whim to fit Bergevin's agenda. Who'd want to play for a GM and a coach that have absolutely no regards to the players and how the game is played ? These players have the talent to win and they surely can do it elsewhere than in the foxhole...

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

i get why subban fans really liked him. personable very generous charismatic flamboyant . none of that stuff helps win cups though. if half the dressing room cant stand you is not great for team chemistry. he was involved with nine different teammates over the years. if you dont believe it google it. add to that he had the most giveaways in the league and played 14 less games then the number two person. life will go on. when you mention weber and say leadership grit intangibles. you should put those words in capital letters. save face . lmao

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
i get why subban fans really liked him. personable very generous charismatic flamboyant . none of that stuff helps win cups though. if half the dressing room cant stand you is not great for team chemistry. he was involved with nine different teammates over the years. if you dont believe it google it. add to that he had the most giveaways in the league and played 14 less games then the number two person. life will go on. when you mention weber and say leadership grit intangibles. you should put those words in capital letters. save face . lmao

Kobe and Shaq hated each other, when it's game time you let it go unless you're mentally weak and petty. They went to 4 finals and won 3. You wanna talk about giveaways one of the worst tracked stats in the entire game. Unless you really think Hornqvist only turned the puck over 8 times in 82 games. The other guys with him in the top of giveaways are Burns, Thornton, Doughty, and Karlsson. Seems like you a bunch of elite guys giveaway the puck too much or just have it so much it's inevitable they lose it more than guys who barely touch it.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Kobe and Shaq hated each other, when it's game time you let it go unless you're mentally weak and petty. They went to 4 finals and won 3. You wanna talk about giveaways one of the worst tracked stats in the entire game. Unless you really think Hornqvist only turned the puck over 8 times in 82 games. The other guys with him in the top of giveaways are Burns, Thornton, Doughty, and Karlsson. Seems like you a bunch of elite guys giveaway the puck too much or just have it so much it's inevitable they lose it more than guys who barely touch it.

well if were comparing him to weber i know he was the last one to touch it 22 times. did you like how he went after kesler right away. the next time someones running over carey we now have at least one guy that will make him pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad