Confirmed with Link: Pär Lindholm for Nic Petan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

I'm not so sure I agree with that, and I don't think he could do worse than Par Linholm, who was invisible in tonight's game. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Lindholm only won 1of 6 faceoffs, and that's not very good.

I hate to say it, but I'm not so sure Roslovic has the "smarts" or hockey IQ to be a great NHL'r -- but I hope I'm wrong. When Myers was asked in an interview--who's the most likely player to get lost --his answer --Jack Roslovic. :laugh:

Also this game would have been a good game to see what he can do at center, or maybe the Tampa game. Also Perrault would be better than Par Lindholm at center IMO. I can see why Par Linholm was hardly used by the Leafs.
I believe that where you think Lindholm was invisible tonight, Roslovic would have stood out with poor defensive play and positioning. There is a reason why he is being played at the wing. He doesn’t seem to have the smarts to play as a C, but his speed and overall skill can make him a a valuable W.

Reactions: Jet and GNP

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You have to choose a guy who you have in your pressbox. You could have a younger one who has shown flashes of brilliance whenever he has gotten the chance to play with talent, or you could have an older one who has shown nothing.

It requires some dumb management to end up with the latter.
Lol flashes of brilliance. The bar for that must be set incredibly low. I'd rather have a player who executes the way the team needs him to not a guy unable to adjust.

This is the best for the Jets and Petan.

Great, great management. We will see whether Nic is an NHLer now.

PS Par played a very sensible game last night. Our 4th line can finally be trusted again.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I believe that where you think Lindholm was invisible tonight, Roslovic would have stood out with poor defensive play and positioning. There is a reason why he is being played at the wing. He doesn’t seem to have the smarts to play as a C, but his speed and overall skill can make him a a valuable W.

You really want your 4th line to be invisible, so that's a compliment. Par was hard on the puck, and while you can see why he doesn't score much who cares? If he can give the Jets low risk minutes and PK I'm happy with him. Already more useful than Petan

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
You really want your 4th line to be invisible, so that's a compliment. Par was hard on the puck, and while you can see why he doesn't score much who cares? If he can give the Jets low risk minutes and PK I'm happy with him. Already more useful than Petan
I agree with you 100 % on this one. All I want from the 4th line is low risk and good energy. Any offense is just a bonus.

Reactions: boydkc

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Actually, I want the Jets 4th line to stick out for dominating their counterparts, as they did quite a bit last season, and could this season. When the Jets are at full strength and their bottom-6 is as below, I think they'll have some games where they are dominating bottom-6 match-ups.

Perreault-Little-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I feel silly reading all these threads, I wasn't really impressed by Lindholm yesterday. I'll wait a few games, though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Lol flashes of brilliance. The bar for that must be set incredibly low. I'd rather have a player who executes the way the team needs him to not a guy unable to adjust.

This is the best for the Jets and Petan.

Great, great management. We will see whether Nic is an NHLer now.

PS Par played a very sensible game last night. Our 4th line can finally be trusted again.

No reason to expect Petan to get any better opportunity with the Leafs than he did with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree with you 100 % on this one. All I want from the 4th line is low risk and good energy. Any offense is just a bonus.

We've had much more than that from 4th lines at times this year. If you are going to set the bar that low, why have a 4th line at all?

Reactions: surixon

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I feel silly reading all these threads, I wasn't really impressed by Lindholm yesterday. I'll wait a few games, though.

What did you dislike about his game?

I'm still trying to figure out what Lindholm is all about so I'd be obliged if you could give some specifics of the bad to weigh against the good others saw.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

Holy small sample size Batman.

Also comparing apples and oranges, Londholm is a defensive forward from what I read whereas Petan is supposed to be he skilled playmaker/scorer. The thing is, Petan seems to be destined to play on the fourth line with "plugs" (Gauthier and Moore who I'd argue are comparable to guys Petan has played with on the Jets) with no big minutes in the top six (which is what his advocates on here suggest he needs) so let's just tap the breaks a bit and see what his numbers are after playing a few games.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I disagree with your philosophy. Why dress a placeholder line if you can dress a line that can dictate play and pop a few goals in.

Lindholm is 3 or so years older and has vastly inferior numbers.

Petan 53.2% CF and a 1.8 p/60
Lindholm 46.9% CF and a 1.2 p/60

We downgraded from a player who drives possession and scores at a 2nd/3rd line rate to an older player who scores at a fourth line rate and gets caved in possession wise.

But hey he looks like he is trying out there and can kill penalties. Style over substance yet again.

Reactions: AKAChip

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Unless a new player makes extremely obvious bad plays, most people are going to say they were pleasantly surprised by their performance early on. Especially one that comes in with such negative fanfare from the fans of his old team. Lindholm was fine. He made a few nice plays in the offensive zone and didn't do anything to hurt the team. But it was one game and his extremely limited offensive abilities will slowly drain our patience with him fairly quickly.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Unless a new player makes extremely obvious bad plays, most people are going to say they were pleasantly surprised by their performance early on. Especially one that comes in with such negative fanfare from the fans of his old team. Lindholm was fine. He made a few nice plays in the offensive zone and didn't do anything to hurt the team. But it was one game and his extremely limited offensive abilities will slowly drain our patience with him fairly quickly.
There is a big difference between surviving and actually contributing.

He's serving popcorn when Lowry is back anyway. I'm just grateful Lindholm drew in ahead of Hendricks.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
What did you dislike about his game?

I'm still trying to figure out what Lindholm is all about so I'd be obliged if you could give some specifics of the bad to weigh against the good others saw.
Didn't look good handling the puck, some bobbling and passes to nowhere. I didn't think he really knew what to do in the ozone.

That said, he got a puck to Matty P in front of the net and wasn't a liability.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
We've had much more than that from 4th lines at times this year. If you are going to set the bar that low, why have a 4th line at all?
Umm...people have been praising the Lowry line for those exact same things? We don’t need four scoring lines. We need four lines that Maurice can feel confident throwing out on the ice so that we get a nice spread of TOI.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Umm...people have been praising the Lowry line for those exact same things? We don’t need four scoring lines. We need four lines that Maurice can feel confident throwing out on the ice so that we get a nice spread of TOI.

I think I get what you are trying to say but we get a lot more than "low risk and good energy. Any offense is just a bonus" from the CLT line. They often play against the opposition's best. They usually outscore whoever they are against. The game isn't about scoring or defending. It is about outscoring.

Low risk and good energy gets the 4th line about 5-6 minutes/gm. Lindholm was good enough last night. I wouldn't describe that line as an 'energy line' and I wouldn't compare them to CLT which I also wouldn't describe as an 'energy line'. They seemed to keep the risk down in a sheltered role.

If we were healthy, I would want more from the bottom 6 than a checking line and an energy line.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I think I get what you are trying to say but we get a lot more than "low risk and good energy. Any offense is just a bonus" from the CLT line. They often play against the opposition's best. They usually outscore whoever they are against. The game isn't about scoring or defending. It is about outscoring.

Low risk and good energy gets the 4th line about 5-6 minutes/gm. Lindholm was good enough last night. I wouldn't describe that line as an 'energy line' and I wouldn't compare them to CLT which I also wouldn't describe as an 'energy line'. They seemed to keep the risk down in a sheltered role.

If we were healthy, I would want more from the bottom 6 than a checking line and an energy line.
If we are fully healthy, I think we’ll get that additional scoring from our bottom six. I would still expect some forward to go down with an injury and adjust my expectations on scoring from the bottom six accordingly. There is always some piece missing when the games get heavy, and then I’m happy with risk free play that unloads minutes from our scoring lines.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If we are fully healthy, I think we’ll get that additional scoring from our bottom six. I would still expect some forward to go down with an injury and adjust my expectations on scoring from the bottom six accordingly. There is always some piece missing when the games get heavy, and then I’m happy with risk free play that unloads minutes from our scoring lines.

OK, but accepting that due to injury is not the same as setting that as the target performance. I want more than low risk and energy.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
One game is not enough to know for sure. But my impression of Lindholm from the game is that he may be able to give Perreault a run for his money as the top Jet that can make it look like he is doing so much on the ice, while he is actually doing very little.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
OK, but accepting that due to injury is not the same as setting that as the target performance. I want more than low risk and energy.
I’m not setting scoring targets for our 4th line. As long as they are reliable, they serve their purpose. The games are then decided by our players that are gifted with a scoring touch, who can be effective when they aren’t gassed from too high TOI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad