Confirmed with Link: Pär Lindholm for Nic Petan

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I know that some equated Petan's lack of playing time with the Jets to Maurice's coaching.

Think Babs and the Leafs are seeing the same deficiencies in his work ethic that Maurice saw, and is the reason Nic has failed to take that next step.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I know that some equated Petan's lack of playing time with the Jets to Maurice's coaching.

Think Babs and the Leafs are seeing the same deficiencies in his work ethic that Maurice saw, and is the reason Nic has failed to take that next step.

Nic just never had it in him. Great player when put in the right situation to succeed. But just doesnt have the work ethic to deserve to be there.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I watched some of Leafs game on Friday before the Bomber game. The announcer mentioned that Petan would play top line minutes in the pre season game and had been asked to play a 4th line game with no dangles, toe drags etc...Babcock wanted a very straightforward game.

Likely a very tough adjustment to make.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Petals success in junior just never translated to the NHL, guy has skill and talent as proven in the AHL, but he also has the combination of lack of speed and lack of size, one might still allow you to play in the NHL but not both!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad