Confirmed with Link: Pär Lindholm for Nic Petan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
The ä in Pär should be pronounced like the a in “sacrilege”, except long.

Yeah, you are right. So in "Pär" "ä" sounds like "ä" (or "a" in "can" in English), while in "älskar" "ä" sounds like "e" as in "then".

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah, you are right. So in "Pär" "ä" sounds like "ä" (or "a" in "can" in English), while in "älskar" "ä" sounds like "e" as in "then".

How the ä in certain Swedish words is pronounced depends on the dialect, northerners say älskar and southeners elskar. But the ä in Pär I don’t think anyone says as e.

Reactions: Halberdier

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Didn't think he did much of anything positive or negative. He's a Maurice worker type though
He is not a terrible player. He will do his job consistently and even put in a good shift once in a while at PK or 5v5 but he just never created any offence. I think I remember him breaking a long goal scoring drought and the offside review took that away from him. That review needs to go.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Par Lindholm is just "par" for the course--"nothing special, but not bad. I'd play Appleton over him. I guess that's why they call him Par -- instead of Birdie.;)

I would have "never" traded Petan for this guy -- Petan is way way better !!!

Reactions: csk

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think Par Lindholm is just "par" for the course--"nothing special, but not bad. I'd play Appleton over him. I guess that's why they call him Par -- instead of Birdie.;)
Apple isn't a centre Par is. They'd have to play little centre Tanev and Apple Copp Perrault Roslovic.
Or
Roslovic Copp Apple.
Par gave them another option. He can pk while Petan never did.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Apple isn't a centre Par is. They'd have to play little centre Tanev and Apple Copp Perrault Roslovic.
Or
Roslovic Copp Apple.
Par gave them another option. He can pk while Petan never did.

I'd run these lines as follows : ( Little at Center -very good )

3rd line-Copp--Little -Tanev ( good line til Lowry comes back) --can score

4th line Perrault- Roslovic-Appleton- (Perrault should be let go after the season)

I would not play Par Linholm --"not good enough " -- IMO

Note -- this 4th line will miss us not having Lemieux or Petan -- should "not" have let Petan go IMO.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
No, he really didn't.

Unless you count 4th line minutes with a bunch of plugs

Petan had a fair chance to succeed with the Jets but there was to many younger player that were better. When Petan saw that there was no room for him on the top 6 of the Jets it was up to him to become the best defensive player he can be to force his way into the lineup. He could not do this so he didn't play. Players like Appleton, Copp and Tanev were able to do this which is why they played and Petan did not.

Last edited by a moderator:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I had such high hope for Petan when the Jets drafted him. I saw him as a future 2nd C for the Jets at that time. The fact is he never quite got it on how to play hockey at the NHL level. He needed to be offensively productive and be a good defensive player if he was going to be a regular player for the Jets. His offence never materializes and his defensive play was not good enough to play 4th line minutes. Some people think the Jets never gave him a fair shot to succeed and he played with plug for most of his NHL career. By time that Petan was ready to play for the Jets there were to many young players that had already exceeded him and had the trust of the coach to play a good defense game. It was not Petan's lack of offence that hurt him from playing a regular spot on the Jets but his lack of defence that kept him out of the lineup.

I hope that Petan gets a chance to play for another team and get a decent NHL career. Don't see that happening on the Leafs.

Reactions: The Big M

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

I'd run these lines as follows : ( Little at Center -very good )

3rd line-Copp--Little -Tanev ( good line til Lowry comes back) --can score

4th line Perrault- Roslovic-Appleton- (Perrault should be let go after the season)

I would not play Par Linholm --"not good enough " -- IMO

Note -- this 4th line will miss us not having Lemieux or Petan -- should "not" have let Petan go IMO.
Roslovic can’t handle the C position at NHL level yet.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Roslovic can’t handle the C position at NHL level yet.

I'm not so sure I agree with that, and I don't think he could do worse than Par Linholm, who was invisible in tonight's game. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Lindholm only won 1of 6 faceoffs, and that's not very good.

I hate to say it, but I'm not so sure Roslovic has the "smarts" or hockey IQ to be a great NHL'r -- but I hope I'm wrong. When Myers was asked in an interview--who's the most likely player to get lost --his answer --Jack Roslovic. :laugh:

Also this game would have been a good game to see what he can do at center, or maybe the Tampa game. Also Perrault would be better than Par Lindholm at center IMO. I can see why Par Linholm was hardly used by the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad