Confirmed with Link: Pär Lindholm for Nic Petan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
you mean giving a player 110 games to prove himself is not enough.

I am not fan of Petan, but it's not about number of games. It's about TOI and linemates.

Look at what proper TOI with proper linemates does for Laine, and just think about what they could have done to Petan (for lesser extent, obviously).

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
TIL his name not pronounced as "Par" as in golf par, but as "Pair".
They were talking about him on 1290 yesterday , his name is pronounced like Par in golf . As a guy who golfs alot , he just became one of my favorite Jets . :laugh:

Reactions: mondo3

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
TIL his name not pronounced as "Par" as in golf par, but as "Pair".
They were talking about him on 1290 yesterday , his name is pronounced like Par in golf . As a guy who golfs alot , he just became one of my favorite Jets . :laugh:

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
I've mostly heard his name pronounced 'pair'.
The fact that 1290 says 'par', just confirms 'pair' in my mind.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Lowry gets suspended i wouldn't mind seeing what Par looks like , i say that alot when i'm golfing too , damnit .

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I am not fan of Petan, but it's not about number of games. It's about TOI and linemates.

Look at what proper TOI with proper linemates does for Laine, and just think about what they could have done to Petan (for lesser extent, obviously).
Petan was put on PP1 when he first made the jets and didn’t do much with it. Also I’m pretty sure his second most common line mate was wheeler.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Petan was put on PP1 when he first made the jets and didn’t do much with it. Also I’m pretty sure his second most common line mate was wheeler.

Yeah the biggest downside with Petan is he needed a lot of minutes with good players to be a passable winger. We would have had to cut ice time on players who can drive play with anyone. I think everyone knew if he got into the right situation he could shine. We'll see if that is Toronto but I suspect Babcock will soon become frustrated with his lack of defensive play.

Reactions: Jet and LowLefty

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

It's a Swedish name, actually written as Pär. Pronouncing it as "par" is more wrong than pronouncing him as "pair", which is fairly close, just having an odd switch of vowel sound in the end. I think that "ä" in his name should be pronounced like "e" in words "red" or "when", just longer.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
It's a Swedish name, actually written as Pär. Pronouncing it as "par" is more wrong than pronouncing him as "pair", which is fairly close, just having an odd switch of vowel sound in the end. I think that "ä" in his name should be pronounced like "e" in words "red" or "when", just longer.

The ä in Pär should be pronounced like the a in “sacrilege”, except long.

Reactions: Halberdier

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Happy for Petan and hope he has more success going forward.
If shopping him around could only net Lindholm, and Petan goes on to great success, then every other GM than Dubas in the NHL should regret not acquiring him, not just Chevy for trading him.
No organization develops every player to full potential. Deep teams can afford it. There are a lot of teams less deep in forwards than the Jets. So who really should regret this potentiality of success the most?

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Nic is certainly a highly skilled guy, but agree with many who say he's too slow and I think that's a huge detriment when you are small. Pretty much every "small guy" who's ever made it has speed to burn, I do not recall a single smallish guy who made his mark in the NHL without having that "speed to burn"...Gaudreau, St Louis, Marchand, Kane, Atkinson, Zuc, Fleury, Arvidsson, etc.

Having no size does not mean you can't make the NHL, but you have to have some other physical attribute that sets you apart, and I'm sorry Nic does not have it. (regardless of his fancy stats)

Last edited:

Ibanezrokr

Mar 22, 2018
Nic is certainly a highly skilled guy, but agree with many who say he's too slow and I think that's a huge detriment when you are small. Pretty much every "small guy" who's ever made it has speed to burn, I do not recall a single smallish guy who made his mark in the NHL without having speed to burn...Gaudreau, St Louis, Marchand, Kane, Atkinson, Zuc, Fleury, Arvidsson, etc.

Having no size does not mean you can't make the NHL, but you have to have some other physical attribute that sets you apart, and I'm sorry Nic does not have it. (regardless of his fancy stats)

I can get on board with this. If I may paraphrase, speed, size and skill. At least two are required to be successful at a professional level.

Reactions: Jet and FFHockey

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Decent chance Petan turns into the next Johnny Goudreau in the right system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad