Ovechkin passes Crosby for 17th all-time in points

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
That was Maxime Talbot.

I don't remember Bettman handing it to Max, but I do remember him carrying it.

All joking aside, themore than the final, the Pens-Caps series in 2009 was the best series I have ever watched in my 52 years, and the most important series of Crosby's career imo.

Reactions: Acallabeth

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I don't remember Bettman handing it to Max, but I do remember him carrying it.

All joking aside, themore than the final, the Pens-Caps series in 2009 was the best series I have ever watched in my 52 years, and the most important series of Crosby's career imo.
Explains the 1g 2a -3 in those 7 games...

Reactions: Sentinel

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Teams win. Something Sid is ever thankful for...
Very thankful, since his teams have won a lot. I'm sure when they put him in the HOF he can talk about all the Cups and medals and you can talk to your friends about how many points he got.

If your favourite player on your team could have a 60 goal, 130 point season but was out in the first round vs a 20 goal, 50 point season and a Stanley Cup....which would you pick?

The answer to that basically explains why some people prefer Crosby and others don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlainGretzky

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
guys relax they are both awesome (one has like 2000 more hits then the other one)
They should award points for hits that lead to a goal.
They give points for "random" faceoff wins :sarcasm:
Not as sad as all the top 10 lists without Ovechkin.
Why sad, those are (mostly) canadian polls.
Its like being sad that democrat polls do not like Trump, or vice versa.
Both are awesome presidents :naughty:
This thread is sad.
Just trying to liven up this thread a bit :help:

Last edited:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
That's sad!

People listing their TOP-10s without Ovi included, and claiming they know hockey.

Even sadder, those clueless ones often include Sid to that list, without realizing that there are no place of Sid in it if Ovi isn't already included. It is the question of legitimacy of such TOP-10 listings.

Personally, both goes in, but only if Ovi is above Sid.

KenAF

Mar 27, 2008
Washington, DC
IMO ppg is pretty meaningless when a player sits out every time they have an ailment that limits their ability to contribute offensively on the ice. Ovechkin has said many times that he plays through injuries because he still draws defenders and gives other players more space on the ice. And I know there are many other players who do and have done the same, throughout NHL history, perhaps to the detriment of their personal per game scoring statistics but to the benefit of others on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: crab

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Here you go.

Gretzky
Orr
Howe
Mario
Hasek
Lidstrom
Crosby
Jagr
Ovechkin
Lafleur/soon to be McDavid.

IMO ppg is pretty meaningless when a player sits out every time they have an ailment that limits their ability to contribute offensively on the ice. Ovechkin has said many times that he plays through injuries because he still draws defenders and gives other players more space on the ice. And I know there are many other players who do and have done the same, throughout NHL history, perhaps to the detriment of their personal per game scoring statistics but to the benefit of others on the team.
A majority of time Crosby sat out for concussion reasons, many times forced through mandated protocols. Crosby, OV and most other top players play through injury. Bergeron scored two goals to win the cup with broken ribs. I do get the sentiment, OV is an absolute warrior.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
That's sad!

People listing their TOP-10s without Ovi included, and claiming they know hockey.

Even sadder, those clueless ones often include Sid to that list, without realizing that there are no place of Sid in it if Ovi isn't already included. It is the question of legitimacy of such TOP-10 listings.

Personally, both goes in, but only if Ovi is above Sid.
Not trying to be combative, but OV and Sid are both comfortably in the top 10.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

PlainGretzky

Mar 17, 2022
Bro goals are way more impressive...you win games with those.
I mean if you want to go in specifics, if you want to take a look, Crosby has dominated ovi in a lot of things (mind you I’m not even a Crosby fan I’m actually a huge ovi fan/ hockey fan) but Crosby does everything in the ice to make sure the opposing team doesn’t score while being productive offensively, he’s won 3 cups which of two he had conn smythes. I love me some ovi but what Crosby does on the ice is unfathomed.
I’m not hating ovi at all, I’m saying this from a hockey fan prospective.
We’ve had amazing goal scorers in the likes of hull/bossy but we’ve never really had someone so consistent like Crosby. He plays like a grinder but all of his skills are elite.

Reactions: sanscosm

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
This is a garbage take

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

Reaves injured Crosby's wrist in 2014. Crosby had spent 7 seasons since then going through rehab every week to avoid surgery. In 2020 it got so bad it was affecting his play, but he couldn't afford to sit out 6 weeks and had to get in the offseason of 2021.

Considering that, I'm wondering who you're talking about when you say they sit out everytime they have an ailment?

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I'm Canadian so for me Crosby is the more complete player, he's got 3 cup, 2 gold medals the man is a winner and he's a also a pretty good human being! Ovechkin is a phenomal hockey player one of the all time greats but I still take Crosby over him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad