HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I’ll phrase it the way I said it. :laugh:
The draft is very likely not rigged but there is no evidence one way or the other. And yet I would still bet a lot of money that San Jose won't win the lottery.
In any event the point was that the lottery is crap and does very little to prevent tanking. Get rid of the lottery. Or change it. There should be no way that any team outside the bottom 3 has a chance at the 1st pick.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
KK with a goal and an assist today. 12 in 12 now.

He's always been a little streaky. Hopefully he's finally found his game. I wish nothing but the best for this guy.
Not only that but a primary assist on the goal making the game 3-2 with around 8 minutes left to the game and then the game tying goal late in the 3rd. The assist was a little bit lucky as it was a normal play he gave the puck back to Orlov who scored on a kinda weak goal. But his goal was a beautiful shot from a hard to score angle.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The draft is very likely not rigged but there is no evidence one way or the other. And yet I would still bet a lot of money that San Jose won't win the lottery.
In any event the point was that the lottery is crap and does very little to prevent tanking. Get rid of the lottery. Or change it. There should be no way that any team outside the bottom 3 has a chance at the 1st pick.
Whats the point in SJ not winning the lottery? Theres a lot of insentive to have a good product in SJ.

Reactions: DAChampion

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not only that but a primary assist on the goal making the game 3-2 with around 8 minutes left to the game and then the game tying goal late in the 3rd. The assist was a little bit lucky as it was a normal play he gave the puck back to Orlov who scored on a kinda weak goal. But his goal was a beautiful shot from a hard to score angle.
Hopefully he crushes it.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Toronto brought in Klingberg, Domi, Reaves and Bertuzzi. None have been worth a damn
and loving it

The Canucks look unreal. Their elite core has become one of the best in the league. I would do unthinkable things to get Elias Pettersson but don’t thing he’s going anywhere at this point.
funny what scoring can do for a team. note habs

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Me too. Let's be honest, in an era where enforcers are pretty much history why would the GM sign Reaves to a 3 year deal. He obviously can't play
Because GMs get influenced by media/fan narratives more than we think.

The Leafs may as well have named Paul Bissonnette their GM.

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
funny what scoring can do for a team. note habs
Funny what experience do to a young team i'd say. During the COVID Canadian division they were very disappointing and people were panicking. They have been disappointing for like 6 years now. Like the Avs and LA were in their first 5-6 of their cup winning core. It's going to be the same for us. People expect instant gratification but it wont happen and it would actually be a bad thing. It's going to be a process and i still maintain we should trade players around 30 in the next 3 years cause they will be too old once it's done.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Who would y’all take on the Habs right now if you could between Kotkaniemi and Danault?

In a vacuum of course, disregard current team composition for a second.
We're rebuilding. KK. Of course.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Sharks have given up 10 goals in back to back games

good on Hoffman to stay true to his word !

1699210631666.jpeg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It is because vs 3-4 years ago I was getting in heated debates about how the Habs were using Danault and Kotkaniemi.

I was arguing we were wasting our time and pricing a player out of a contract we could give him (Danault) and alienating another (Kotkaniemi).

It was clear as day back then that at 21, Kotkaniemi would be the ascending player by the time he was 23-24.

They ended up losing both players…I’m gonna have to check on my patna @Belial for that one.
The idea is this. We have been told times and times again on this board that we know nothing...and pros know best. So I guess that if you wanted to win now, might as well give tough minutes to PD and let JK learn slowly the game. OBVIOUSLY he should have never been dressed as a 18 year old in the NHL. But the day you do it, you start slowly especially since PD was not the worst player ever.

Now, we are told that Hughes and Gorton know best with the Slaf development.

Also losing both players is because of how inept our ex management was. You still could have hold JK EVEN after they f***ed up his development. At 6.1M$ a year, they would have no choice but to finnaly give JK a lot of icetime. Bergevin stopped believing in the kid. He wouldn't be able to justify that salary. And couldn't care less if a contending team was getting him. One of the worst development f*** up ever.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The idea is this. We have been told times and times again on this board that we know nothing...and pros know best. So I guess that if you wanted to win now, might as well give tough minutes to PD and let JK learn slowly the game. OBVIOUSLY he should have never been dressed as a 18 year old in the NHL. But the day you do it, you start slowly especially since PD was not the worst player ever.
Even if you’re truly not winning anything?

Because the Habs didn’t win a damn thing using PD and KK the way the did. All they did was inflate the value of PDs eventual contract that they ultimately didn’t want to pay.

Once you commit to graduating an 18 year old, you have to play him and play him a lot.
Now, we are told that Hughes and Gorton know best with the Slaf development.
My question is

Are Hughes and Gorton aligned with MSL on Slaf?

Because there seemed to be clear misalignment between MB and CJ/DD when it came to KK.
Also losing both players is because of how inept our ex management was. You still could have hold JK EVEN after they f***ed up his development. At 6.1M$ a year, they would have no choice but to finnaly give JK a lot of icetime. Bergevin stopped believing in the kid. He wouldn't be able to justify that salary. And couldn't care less if a contending team was getting him. One of the worst development f*** up ever.
Agreed but the damage was already done by that time.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Even if you’re truly not winning anything?

Because the Habs didn’t win a damn thing using PD and KK the way the did. All they did was inflate the value of PDs eventual contract that they ultimately didn’t want to pay.

Once you commit to graduating an 18 year old, you have to play him and play him a lot.

My question is

Are Hughes and Gorton aligned with MSL on Slaf?

Because there seemed to be clear misalignment between MB and CJ/DD when it came to KK.

Agreed but the damage was already done by that time.

And they just let PD walk! Ay caramba. Out of PD and KK we got Dvorak. Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad