HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
KK with a goal and an assist today. 12 in 12 now.

He's always been a little streaky. Hopefully he's finally found his game. I wish nothing but the best for this guy.
Totally deserve it. And what a deal for the Canes if he becomes a 65-70 point guy...lol

Reactions: morhilane

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
IMG_8469.jpeg

So much for the “snot” they’ve added. Still a team of softies…

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, generally that's why I would have liked us to do the same thing that Columbus did with Jiricek with Slafkovsky. Because I'm arguing it was good for Jiricek, I also think it would have been good for Slafkovsky.

I still don't see where the ''bad reasoning'' comes in.

Yet Jiricek is struggling to get ice time this year on a team off to a worse start then us.

Jiricek is no further or "better" developed than Slaf after last year, the premise that it was "good for jiricek" is faulty & inconsistent with the standards applied to Slaf

of course, if you look at Jiricek's play & utilization this year and consider it a positive reflection of his D1 year, consistency would be to see Slaf in the same, if not better, light...

the double standards come from poor reasoning, thick bias, or :dunno:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yet Jiricek is struggling to get ice time this year on a team off to a worse start then us.

Jiricek is no further or "better" developed than Slaf after last year, the premise that it was "good for jiricek" is faulty & inconsistent with the standards applied to Slaf

of course, if you look at Jiricek's play & utilization this year and consider it a positive reflection of his D1 year, consistency would be to see Slaf in the same, if not better, light...

the double standards come from poor reasoning, thick bias, or :dunno:

How is it faulty?

Reactions: ReHabs

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
The Canucks look unreal. Their elite core has become one of the best in the league. I would do unthinkable things to get Elias Pettersson but don’t thing he’s going anywhere at this point.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hope they keep this up all year. Then maybe the NHL is forced to review this toxic tanking meta they have been fostering for way too lomg.

I wouldn't call it a "tanking meta" when the best you can do is secure a 1 in 4 chance of winning.

Tanking happens in all 4 of the major North American team sports despite a 1 in 7 chance in the NBA and a 1 in 6 chance in the MLB of securing the top pick.

I would prefer an NBA/MLB style lottery where the bottom 3 teams have equal odds and perhaps this is what you are referring to but maybe with a little less hyperbolic language.

Reactions: Runner77

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The Canucks look unreal. Their elite core has become one of the best in the league. I would do unthinkable things to get Elias Pettersson but don’t thing he’s going anywhere at this point.

MB should have got in touch with you sir.

Bergevin: "1st line centers are almost impossible to acquire"

Nipsey: "Hold my beer"

Nipsey's demeanor darkens as he turns towards the door before disappearing into the ether........

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
On the main board there's a thread asking 'who is Canada's team, Toronto or Vancouver?'

My answer was:

Toronto is like that narcissistic airhead cheerleader who only lives to become prom queen, but no one votes for her except her bleating posse.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Holly Molly, Sharks still haven't won a game? Barely got one into OT?
And got blown out with 10 goals against each in their last two games!

The Habs with mostly an AHL roster were better than that last year.

Reactions: Miller Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad