HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
It's the first piece of equipment that get ditched the very moment a player is allowed to do so. And it's also something I never understood, maybe there is something wrong with my neck and al, but the neckguards was never an impediment for me to turn my head. :dunno:
I don't even notice it, took like a period to get used to it

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm absolutely not posting the Adam Johnson video but it looks like manslaughter . I know it's an accident, but it's reckless. I don't know what the f*** the other player was trying to do there. Looks like a direct shot to the carotid. I don't know how anyone survives that
:(

RIP Adam

Honestly the amount of force that he took with the skate...I don't see how he survives. Just horrible.

The player who hit him had a very short stint in Laval.

Matt Petgrave Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Honestly the amount of force that he took with the skate...I don't see how he survives. Just horrible.

The player who hit him had a very short stint in Laval.

Matt Petgrave Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
:( crazy.
I was looking up front line treatment for that type of trauma and I hope arenas are forced to revise how they treat this injury and have first aid like quick-clot bandages etc available.
edit* I guess they do because skate cuts often occur, but the neck...
even if it is incredibly rare.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm so over these outdoor games. I'm sure it's a fun event to be there live but they're awful to watch. They just don't translate well to tv viewing
It made for a neat gimmck for a time, but I agree, it's run its course. They probably still make a decent profit on them so they'll keep doing it I guess, but I could do without seeing one for a good long while. It definitely doesn't feel special anymore.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I don't remember an NHL team being as bad as the 2023-24 San Jose Sharks. It shouldn't even be allowed to ice a team this bad.
After tonight's game
9 Games
9 Goals For
35 Goals Against

The worst is, from what I've looked, their goaltending hasn't even been THAT bad.

I do remember a really awful Sabres team that were clearly the worst team in the NHL (like, they were in the low 50 points and the next worse had something like 15 more points), and that was despite Ryan Miller having an elite season before being traded away to St-Louis (and not doing so great there).

And the Red Wings team that finished with 39 points (and a whopping 8 of these coming against the Habs) in 19-20 that were tracking to be worse than those Sabres (especially as the Wings had no games left against the Habs).

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
After tonight's game
9 Games
9 Goals For
35 Goals Against

The worst is, from what I've looked, their goaltending hasn't even been THAT bad.

I do remember a really awful Sabres team that were clearly the worst team in the NHL (like, they were in the low 50 points and the next worse had something like 15 more points), and that was despite Ryan Miller having an elite season before being traded away to St-Louis (and not doing so great there).

And the Red Wings team that finished with 39 points (and a whopping 8 of these coming against the Habs) in 19-20 that were tracking to be worse than those Sabres (especially as the Wings had no games left against the Habs).
NYI 1st season they were 12-60-6 for 30 pts. They were terrible but I am pretty sure I listened to them win a game against the Bruins that season.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
NYI 1st season they were 12-60-6 for 30 pts. They were terrible but I am pretty sure I listened to them win a game against the Bruins that season.
I mean yeah but I wasnt yet born so I didn't have lots of memories about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad