HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure it belongs here, but...

Dissolve this program.

Not the first time this program has had that type of cro-magnons, btw. Same top guy about 10-12 years ago, different players…

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thats not really how it ended tho is it, with this insinuation everybody gave up on him and chased him out..
KK was having a great playoffs on our run to the Finals

Ducharme, the great coach that he was, in a series we were NEVER going to win, decided f*** it, I sat caufield and KK the first 2 playoff games, I'm gonna scratch KK the last 2 games

KK, as well as many other players, didn't like Ducharme, and kk, has NO REASON to believe they're gonna fire this moron coach any time soon..
So hostile offer from Carolina comes BECAUSE of a previous complete debacle of a play by the idiot GM, with an abounding amount of cash that who in their right minds says no to?

Now don't get me wrong, I loved him like a son, and I call him the betrayer for signing the contract everyone on planet earth would of signed. It really hurt to lose him, really did

But this narrative that the fans chased him out of town through impatience of progression is not accurate when it comes to the KK case.
It's just a truly, weird, tragic , awful scenario that played out TERRIBLY

And now, yes, obviously, years into his progression, matured, experienced, opportunity given
He's obviously looking like the player a lot of us were projecting him to be
And there’s a lesson there for patience.

I don’t think KK is going to be an 80 point player this year but he’s obviously improving. It’s been five years for him to get this far. People should remember that when talking about Slaf.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Another two point night for the man many Habs fans dismissed as a bum: Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
Say it louder. Kk is everything you want in a 2C.

Dissolve this program.

Thats f***ing disgusting.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Anaheim’s young core is going to be so good. Carlsson going to be an elite 1C, Mintyukov looks like a future 1D. Mctavish looks like the perfect 2C.

Zegras/Drysdale look disappointing/regressing but they are secondary pieces to those top 3 so it’s not the end of the world.

Reactions: Gravity

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Anaheim’s young core is going to be so good. Carlsson going to be an elite 1C, Mintyukov looks like a future 1D. Mctavish looks like the perfect 2C.

Zegras/Drysdale look disappointing/regressing but they are secondary pieces to those top 3 so it’s not the end of the world.
Carlsson gonna be freaking amazing. Jesus

Reactions: Gravity

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The Heritage Classic is this Sunday and combined records of the two teams are 3-10-2. The Oilers and Flames have less points combined than the Habs do at the moment.
Oilers built in one player. We did same thing with Carry Price. If He has subpar season or goes down bottom falls out. Best to build like Bruins. Build around Great defense and good goalie. Spread your skill among more players

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The Heritage Classic is this Sunday and combined records of the two teams are 3-10-2. The Oilers and Flames have less points combined than the Habs do at the moment.

jon-snow-got.gif

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Thats not really how it ended tho is it, with this insinuation everybody gave up on him and chased him out..
KK was having a great playoffs on our run to the Finals

Ducharme, the great coach that he was, in a series we were NEVER going to win, decided f*** it, I sat caufield and KK the first 2 playoff games, I'm gonna scratch KK the last 2 games

KK, as well as many other players, didn't like Ducharme, and kk, has NO REASON to believe they're gonna fire this moron coach any time soon.. this idiot coach stagnating his development
So hostile offer from Carolina comes BECAUSE of a previous complete debacle of a play by the idiot GM, with an astounding amount of cash that who in their right minds says no to?

Now don't get me wrong, I loved him like a son, and I call him the betrayer for signing the contract everyone on planet earth would of signed. It really hurt to lose him, really did

But this narrative that the fans chased him out of town through impatience of progression is not accurate when it comes to the KK case.
It's just a truly, weird, tragic , awful scenario that played out TERRIBLY

And now, yes, obviously, years into his progression, matured, experienced, opportunity given
He's obviously looking like the player a lot of us were projecting him to be
Was watching those playoffs with my dad the whole way through, and I remember telling him after we'd lost that KK had played his final games with us. Kid had played the whole shortened season, had 150+ games under his belt as a Canadiens, and gets benched for the annual garbage veteran that MB would acquire through trade. That and I think he wasn't too pleased that Romanov sat for John Merrill and saw a clear as day trend.

If MB had been extended, which I was worried about because of the Finals run, I probably would've given up on Montreal.

Reactions: Redux91

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Was watching those playoffs with my dad the whole way through, and I remember telling him after we'd lost that KK had played his final games with us. Kid had played the whole shortened season, had 150+ games under his belt as a Canadiens, and gets benched for the annual garbage veteran that MB would acquire through trade. That and I think he wasn't too pleased that Romanov sat for John Merrill and saw a clear as day trend.

If MB had been extended, which I was worried about because of the Finals run, I probably would've given up on Montreal.
Toffoli and Gallagher were incredibly injured too.

Ducharme was bragging about having player depth in the playoffs but didn't really rotate even though Caufield saved his butt. We didn't stand a chance against Tampa but it was frustrating to see healthy players not playing.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Toffoli and Gallagher were incredibly injured too.

Ducharme was bragging about having player depth in the playoffs but didn't really rotate even though Caufield saved his butt. We didn't stand a chance against Tampa but it was frustrating to see healthy players not playing.
That whole run was frustrating for various reasons and mysteriously was a lot more enjoyable when the head coach had a short leave of absence. His return even more mysteriously coincided with KK being benched.

We have depth, so instead of sitting an injured guy for a game to help him out, we'll sit the healthy kid tied 2nd in goals for our team and bring in Evans returning from injury.

Reactions: Mrb1p and ReHabs

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Dissolve this program.

My nephew went to this school and played in the hockey program for 2 years (wasn't same age group as this article mentions).

They had to move to Ottawa so he could go to a different “sports études” school in order to continue playing hockey because of the discrimination was so bad and I can corroborate that parents and school administrators often dismissed or downplayed a lot of the racist heinous acts.

Even worse, they turned him into the “trouble maker” for trying to defend himself from constant taunts and provocations.

Unfortunately, that experience completely turned him off hockey, he's now in the basketball program at local high school in Ottawa.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not the first time this program has had that type of cro-magnons, btw. Same top guy about 10-12 years ago, different players…
It's rampant at that school/program.

They don't care to change it, they blame the victims for “causing a fuss” and they equate teammates showing up to Halloween parties in blackface, as nothing but good ol’ fashioned ribbing.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Send them Jake Allen
They dropped the ball last season on that front.

BTW; Draisaitl just mailing it in. He can definitely produce without him (McD), he's just NOT going to do it at this moment. I haven't seen him smile in the last three years. That guy seems to want out.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
They dropped the ball last season on that front.

BTW; Draisaitl just mailing it in. He can definitely produce without him (McD), he's just NOT going to do it at this moment. I haven't seen him smile in the last three years. That guy seems to want out.
It's hard to blame him.

I think that the only thing that management there has done to help McDavid and Draisatl is add Eckholm. A useful move to be sure, but not enough. When you have players like that, you should be trading your 1st rounder every single year.

Reactions: Gustave

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Philly goes into Minnesota and hammers them 6-2.

Still trying to figure out why Minnesota has such an easy time against the Habs.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Philly goes into Minnesota and hammers them 6-2.

Still trying to figure out why Minnesota has such an easy time against the Habs.
Pittsburgh beat Colorado 4-0 last night some teams will just out play other teams throughout the year. During the 82 games, teams will have on and off nights but the teams with more talent will outperform their opponents more often than not.

Reactions: Miller Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad