HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Another two point night for the man many Habs fans dismissed as a bum: Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
Some Habs fans.....and the ex-GM.

Was clear as day that the kid has talent. Already had a heck of a shot. Just needed to not be rushed. Like we are doing with Slaf. Yet, people are on Slaf already WHILE blaming the Habs for not being patient with KK...Insane.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I like to think I have an eye for goalies having played the position myself.

Toronto might have a really good one in Woll. Everything is there, the positioning, the reflexes, the size etc.

I don't like it, but I've got a feeling about this kid.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Some Habs fans.....and the ex-GM.

Was clear as day that the kid has talent. Already had a heck of a shot. Just needed to not be rushed. Like we are doing with Slaf. Yet, people are on Slaf already WHILE blaming the Habs for not being patient with KK...Insane.
Or maybe just needed more patience and more focus on investing more time into a player you drafted 3rd overall…but it was more important to play Danault I guess.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Another two point night for the man many Habs fans dismissed as a bum: Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
All the Canes are doing is actually, playing him.

They're not sticking him behind Aho and Staal simply because the former two are veterans and he's younger.

They invested important picks in acquiring him and after breaking him in slowly at first, they increasingly given him more opportunity and ice time and they're being rewarded for it.

Novel idea right?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
All the Canes are doing is actually, playing him.

They're not sticking him behind Aho and Staal simply because the former two are veterans and he's younger.

They invested important picks in acquiring him and after breaking him in slowly at first, they increasingly given him more opportunity and ice time and they're being rewarded for it.

Novel idea right?

It would be novel to Ducharme and Julien.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
I like to think I have an eye for goalies having played the position myself.

Toronto might have a really good one in Woll. Everything is there, the positioning, the reflexes, the size etc.

I don't like it, but I've got a feeling about this kid.

Injuries slowed his progression down a lot but a lot of people close to the team have said they were extremely high on him throughout his struggles. Seems to be paying off. Somehow makes 750k next year as well.

Reactions: Canadienna

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Or maybe just needed more patience and more focus on investing more time into a player you drafted 3rd overall…but it was more important to play Danault I guess.
Still. The kid was injured. Didn't play C that much in Europe. The best thing to be careful was to send him back. The day as an organization (whether we agree or not) is that you have players you want to play instead of the kid you chose, you make sure he is in the best place he can be. Anyway....we've beaten that to death already....just glad that he is finally blossoming into a good player. Clear that he needed time to get stronger in his lower body. The day that it's the worst thing you have to work on is the day that you know that in due time, you have a good prospect in your hands.

Reactions: Mrb1p and 417

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
That's only the beginning of the season. Only in Canada.
They have high expectations this season and everything is going wrong. Plus another caveat is Draisaitl only has 2 years left on his deal including this year so if it doesn't go well then I can't see him signing an extension in the summer then what do the Oilers do, lose him for nothing or trade him?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They have high expectations this season and everything is going wrong. Plus another caveat is Draisaitl only has 2 years left on his deal including this year so if it doesn't go well then I can't see him signing an extension in the summer then what do the Oilers do, lose him for nothing or trade him?
Rebuild?

• Haha
Reactions: Shred

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Thats not really how it ended tho is it, with this insinuation everybody gave up on him and chased him out..
KK was having a great playoffs on our run to the Finals

Ducharme, the great coach that he was, in a series we were NEVER going to win, decided f*** it, I sat caufield and KK the first 2 playoff games, I'm gonna scratch KK the last 2 games

KK, as well as many other players, didn't like Ducharme, and kk, has NO REASON to believe they're gonna fire this moron coach any time soon.. this idiot coach stagnating his development
So hostile offer from Carolina comes BECAUSE of a previous complete debacle of a play by the idiot GM, with an astounding amount of cash that who in their right minds says no to?

Now don't get me wrong, I loved him like a son, and I call him the betrayer for signing the contract everyone on planet earth would of signed. It really hurt to lose him, really did

But this narrative that the fans chased him out of town through impatience of progression is not accurate when it comes to the KK case.
It's just a truly, weird, tragic , awful scenario that played out TERRIBLY

And now, yes, obviously, years into his progression, matured, experienced, opportunity given
He's obviously looking like the player a lot of us were projecting him to be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad