HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
The margin between best & worst team in the NHL has never been as razor thin - any team can win on any given night
I get it. Just poking fun at the humans who were somehow shocked we lost against Devils yesterday on a back to back.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm not buying it from Boston this year. They will fall back to the pack this time.
Bruins will slide some but look at that defense and goaltending? It's best in league. They will make playoffs

Bruins are build same way Bergevin built his Habs. Weber, Petry, Chiarot a good defense in front of a great goalie. It got him to a cup final without a lengthy rebuild nor trading away any of his draft picks or prospects.

On other hand you look at Oilers defense, netminding? Or the Leafs? They underachieve every year Despite all their fire power up front. They both spent 10 years being league doormats and drafting at top of draft each year. Plus both have heavily mortgaged their future.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Bruins will slide some but look at that defense and goaltending? It's best in league. They will make playoffs

Bruins are build same way Bergevin built his Habs. Weber, Petry, Chiarot a good defense in front of a great goalie. It got him to a cup final without a lengthy rebuild nor trading away any of his draft picks or prospects.

On other hand you look at Oilers defense, netminding? Or the Leafs? They underachieve every year Despite all their fire power up front. They both spent 10 years being league doormats and drafting at top of draft each year. Plus both have heavily mortgaged their future.

I'm not contesting that bruins shouldn't be a playoff team, but they are no longer a complete team. They had everything last year, except we can question Bergeron's health in the playoffs, and we saw how the first round went for them.

This year, they will get exposed down the middle at some point.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I'm not contesting that bruins shouldn't be a playoff team, but they are no longer a complete team. They had everything last year, except we can question Bergeron's health in the playoffs, and we saw how the first round went for them.

This year, they will get exposed down the middle at some point.
Bruins are the 2010s Habs (and ++Pastrnak), not supposed to be there, but good goaltending and defense keep you in.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Bruins are the 2010s Habs (and ++Pastrnak), not supposed to be there, but good goaltending and defense keep you in.

I'd argue that once Subban got called up for the playoffs and we had Markov, Hammer and Subban for a grand total of 2 games and a half, along with Halak and Price, that defense was better than the present Bruins team. f***ing injuries, man.

And I take issue with the "not supposed to be there" when we all know that great defenses win, not great offenses.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd argue that once Subban got called up for the playoffs and we had Markov, Hammer and Subban for a grand total of 2 games and a half, along with Halak and Price, that defense was better than the present Bruins team. f***ing injuries, man.

And I take issue with the "not supposed to be there" when we all know that great defenses win, not great offenses.
Especially when you have a top player in the world like Price.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Sometimes I see the reaction from some after a loss or a young guy not doing well and it reminds me of why Molson seemed so reluctant to rebuild. Some don't have the patience for it. Thankfully, Molson finally got over that and brought in people who isnt afraid of a rebuild.
What fans say or think doesn't matter. What matters is the management. The management needs to support the players and make it clear that what fans say doesn't matter at all. A little bit like when Gainey defended Brisebois.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Your Dealership Needs A Pete Rose - DealerKnows

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
His suspension won't start until he has a contract.

So what happens if he doesn't sign his QO? Go play in the KHL where they probably don't care about his betting habits or suspension?

This is wild, almost smell like the league doing Ottawa a solid to force Pinto to sign super cheap for a year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Suspensions don't get cap relief either, it may be a good time to bite on Pinto as the sens are in a pickle

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Oh Shane....

Rule 1: Don't gamble on your own sport

Rule 2: If you do, don't get caught

Should have asked Evander Kane for tips.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad