Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
To put up 100 points and be ahead of the next-highest point-getter on the team by 33 points as a defenseman is truly remarkable. If he remains healthy it would be a dream destination for Bedard, imagine having one of the best puck movers in the world feeding him passes. I know that everyone wants CB but to land in SJ without the pressure of being in a big NHL market would be a big kickstart to his NHL career.

Yeah, I've said previously I'm good with SJS winning if Montreal doesn't. They've never picked 1st OA, have been a pretty model organization through the years, and a Karlsson-Bedard duo would be sick! :amazed:

Plus, it puts him safely out west.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Matthews with another 40 goal season. If he keeps up the consistency, he might hit 800 goals as well. We are certainly in an area of hockey where it is possible for him to put up a couple of more 60 goal seasons.

He has 299 goals in 480 games.

Ovechkin had 301 goals in his first 475 games.

The pace is there.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yeah, I've said previously I'm good with SJS winning if Montreal doesn't. They've never picked 1st OA, have been a pretty model organization through the years, and a Karlsson-Bedard duo would be sick! :amazed:

Yup, of all the bottom feeders, I'd be totally cool with SJS.

I would not be totally outraged with CBJ or even Anaheim. I just don't want Arizona and ESPECIALLY Chicago to win it. Chicago deserves nothing but grief and disappointment for the next 10 years (I'm just picking an arbitrary number) for the whole off-ice stuff, never mind the overly obvious and clear tank maneuvering.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I have no problem with him going to SJ either but I have a bad feeling that he is headed to Arizona and that would be the worst destination for him. Playing in a college arena in front of 3-4k per night is not good for fans of the league or the NHL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Matthews with another 40 goal season. If he keeps up the consistency, he might hit 800 goals as well. We are certainly in an area of hockey where it is possible for him to put up a couple of more 60 goal seasons.

He has 299 goals in 480 games.

Ovechkin had 301 goals in his first 475 games.

The pace is there.
Its highly unlikely he scores as much, as often as Ovi.

Stamkos had 290 in 490 and hes only scored 225 in his last 500. Ovechkins longevity is truly remarkable.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Its highly unlikely he scores as much, as often as Ovi.

Stamkos had 290 in 490 and hes only scored 225 in his last 500. Ovechkins longevity is truly remarkable.
It seems also a lot harder for centers to keep high goal scoring pace in general late in their career. Maybe it goes with 200 ft responsibilities?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yup, of all the bottom feeders, I'd be totally cool with SJS.

I would not be totally outraged with CBJ or even Anaheim. I just don't want Arizona and ESPECIALLY Chicago to win it. Chicago deserves nothing but grief and disappointment for the next 10 years (I'm just picking an arbitrary number) for the whole off-ice stuff, never mind the overly obvious and clear tank maneuvering.

I would not mind Columbus the team winning but Gaudreau doesn't deserve Bedard.

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
I don't understand all the conditions but we may get another high draft pick in 2024 or 2025 thanks to Calgary.

Reactions: shamrun

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Not that he's a certainty or anything but how is Carolina of all teams more likely to sign him... They have Kotchetkov and Andersen.

Another day goes by without the Habs flexing the financial muscle.
Stamkos had many injuries in his prime years though

But I agree that the longevit of Ovie is something I don’t think we will see again
Injuries are part of a career and Ovi's health has been generational.

Reactions: zeeto and Vachon23

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Although the Leafs/Bolts game is pointless it should be interesting. The Bolts will be setting the playoff tone in the game, so I'm expecting some greasy stuff.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not that he's a certainty or anything but how is Carolina of all teams more likely to sign him... They have Kotchetkov and Andersen.

Another day goes by without the Habs flexing the financial muscle.

Injuries are part of a career and Ovi's health has been generational.

Technically, it's just Kotchetkov as Andersen & Raanta are both UFAs. There's not much behind Kotch right now in their minor league system, so it makes sense.

Montreal has Allen, Montembeault, Primeau & Dobes all with contracts for next year. There's no guarantee that Primeau gets picked up on waivers next year, so Perets probably starts in ECHL.

With Carolina, Kotch is getting promoted to full-time NHL, so there's definite room for Perets to start in AHL.

After that, Carolina has to decide whether to keep Andersen.

If Perets goes to Carolina, it's because they currently lack pro depth at the position.

Reactions: zeeto and Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad