Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I guess I missed that part. Wasn't aware he signed an ATO with Ontario.

Yeah, I didn't either. Only reason I know is because after the Monsters-Laval game last Friday I randomly decided to watch the Reign game later that same night, and Laferriere was playing.

I remember thinking, oh I guess they signed him. Then when you posted it, I was like, waiiiiit, didn't I just watch this kid playing pro-hockey? Lol

I guess he signed an ATO then signed an NHL contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm so happy to be able to watch McDavid in his prime. Best player I've seen since Lemieux. Never thought a 150 point season was possible anymore.
I read that the league scoring (as a whole) this season is in the ballpark of the the end of the high scoring era in the early 90s...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Jul 6, 2016
Any report on Yaniv Perets. Should the Habs make huge, huge efforts to sign this Montreal born kid ? He just won the NCAA Frozen Four with Quinnipiac.

Reactions: Kimota

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So for Boston, anything less than the cup is a choke right? I hope so, because I don't think they're making it past round 2.

Edit: my reasoning is that they'll just eventually have a bad stretch and the teams left to face them aren't worse on paper. Boston has just benefited from consistency but talent wise there's plenty of peers. So IMO the law of averages states that they must eventually lose 4 of 7.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So for Boston, anything less than the cup is a choke right? I hope so, because I don't think they're making it past round 2.

Edit: my reasoning is that they'll just eventually have a bad stretch and the teams left to face them aren't worse on paper. Boston has just benefited from consistency but talent wise there's plenty of peers. So IMO the law of averages states that they must eventually lose 4 of 7.

With the lineup they have constructed post deadline, they should have the strongest team.

If Bergeron and kreicji can hold up at their ripe age down the middle during this marathon, the sky is the limit.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore

I dunno man...so long as Pastrnak is still healthy.....dude just scored more than 60 goals. Ya. 60. No one is even talking about that. He's a superstar (who coincidentally, is bad at golf but good at trash talk).

Let's see if he can bring that game up even higher in the POs.

I'll be honest, this season it's hard to hate either the Leafs or the Bruins (Canes/Florida I can though). Their players are a lot more level headed and focused on winning. Especially the Bruins. There's no Chara or Lucic on either of those teams. I can't even hate Marchand either. He's a rat, but he's freaking talented.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I dunno man...so long as Pastrnak is still healthy.....dude just scored more than 60 goals. Ya. 60. No one is even talking about that. He's a superstar (who coincidentally, is bad at golf but good at trash talk).

Let's see if he can bring that game up even higher in the POs.

I'll be honest, this season it's hard to hate either the Leafs or the Bruins (Canes/Florida I can though). Their players are a lot more level headed and focused on winning. Especially the Bruins. There's no Chara or Lucic on either of those teams. I can't even hate Marchand either. He's a rat, but he's freaking talented.

The Toronto (Sportsnet especially) media and obnoxious Leafs fans make me inherently dislike the Leafs and want them to fail through no fault of the team's own.

As for the Bruins, I'm finding it harder to hate them. They just have good management, which is kind of infuriating, but I do respect it. Look at that Lindholm maneuver last year, as an example. Random top D out of nowhere for minimal assets and on a team-friendly deal.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I read that the league scoring (as a whole) this season is in the ballpark of the the end of the high scoring era in the early 90s...

3.08 goals per team per game. Not as high as the high flying 80s but pretty good.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Canucks win in a shootout. The last 3 minutes of OT were absolutely wild. Demko saved 2 glorious chances by Calgary.

Worse is Calgary got two 3 on 1s, and a couple of 2 on 1s and didn't pass on any of them. All lousy shots too.

Probably a season ender for them.

Well, Calgary needs to win both of their final games, and have Winnipeg lose two of their final 3. That would put Calgary at 94pts. Winnipeg at 93.

Calgary plays Nashville & San Jose. Both home games. Definitely doable.

Winnipeg plays San Jose (home) that's probably a win, but then play Minnesota & Colorado on the road. Two very tough places to win.

So, yeah, I can see Winnipeg losing their last 2 games. I guess we'll see.
Kinda makes you wonder how Vancouver would had been with a healthy Demko.

The Toronto (Sportsnet especially) media and obnoxious Leafs fans make me inherently dislike the Leafs and want them to fail through no fault of the team's own.

As for the Bruins, I'm finding it harder to hate them. They just have good management, which is kind of infuriating, but I do respect it. Look at that Lindholm maneuver last year, as an example. Random top D out of nowhere for minimal assets and on a team-friendly deal.
Bruins are a great team, but I’d rather fall into a pit of thumb tacks than ever cheer for them. Not sure why, but despite all the hated players in their history/rivalry, no player grinds my gears more than Bob Sweeney.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, I didn't either. Only reason I know is because after the Monsters-Laval game last Friday I randomly decided to watch the Reign game later that same night, and Laferriere was playing.

I remember thinking, oh I guess they signed him. Then when you posted it, I was like, waiiiiit, didn't I just watch this kid playing pro-hockey? Lol

I guess he signed an ATO then signed an NHL contract.
I was at that game and saw him score! The fact he was on their roster had my ears perk up a bit when I was offered free tickets.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Kinda makes you wonder how Vancouver would had been with a healthy Demko.

Bruins are a great team, but I’d rather fall into a pit of thumb tacks than ever cheer for them. Not sure why, but despite all the hated players in their history/rivalry, no player grinds my gears more than Bob Sweeney.
Oh, I'll never cheer for them. I just won't flip a couch if they win like I did in 2011

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Patiently waiting for Erik Karlsson to reach the 100 points mark. Something that hasn't been done in over 30 years.

It's scary what he could have accomplished if he had a half decent team. It's such a shame that his historical season got wasted like that.

He would have been a monster during the playoffs.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK

I just think you need to try a bit harder. Let the hatred flow through you.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK

Now that's hockey, loving the Bulgarian #11 steaming straight in!

Despite all sorts of migrations and imperial to-ing and fro-ing and a shared border, Bulgaria and Romania remain very different places with very different peoples and I doubt there's been much love love lost there since they were Thrace (Hellenic-ish) and Dacia ("Barbarian" and then Romanized).

Reactions: HuGo Sham

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Karlsson's done it!! Greatest defenseman of our generation!

Even the Super NHL can't handle him!

Give him all the individual awards. :bow:

Cool to see someone do this. He's the Phil housely of today... Expect I think his highest was just a wee bit short of 100.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
First time since 1991-1992 that there's a 100 points defender.
First time since 1995 that there's two 60 goals scorer.
First time since 1994 that there's more than 10 100 points players.

McDavid may have the era to surpass 2000 points.

Cool to see someone do this. He's the Phil housely of today... Expect I think his highest was just a wee bit short of 100.
Housley barely scratched PPG in the 80s-90s. Thats insulting to Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad