Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Levi future Saros. What a goalie.

hmmm

Fs4xwnVWYBQsF7N

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

3.08 goals per team per game. Not as high as the high flying 80s but pretty good.
It’s 3.18 which is the highest since 94 which was 3.24. Pretty insane how much goalscoring has gone up. Powerplay % is the highest it’s been since 86.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
First time since 1991-1992 that there's a 100 points defender.
First time since 1995 that there's two 60 goals scorer.
First time since 1994 that there's more than 10 100 points players.

McDavid may have the era to surpass 2000 points.

Housley barely scratched PPG in the 80s-90s. Thats insulting to Karlsson.

The context here is that we are talking about a 100 point season, not a full career....so we are not talking about decades. We are talking about the karlsson here and now in a specific snapshot of time. To that end, housely's career high was 97 points which I referred to originally.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I was at that game and saw him score! The fact he was on their roster had my ears perk up a bit when I was offered free tickets.

Laferriere was someone I liked during his draft year. Every so often I check in with some of my "faves" to see how they're doing. Reason I turned it on though was to see Helge Grans. He's struggled in the A this year after a pretty good rookie season. Still would take him from L.A.

Free tickets are always the best!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So Nashville needs Winnipeg to lose their two final games, while Predators need to win their 2 final games.

I just realized that they're playing the same teams.

Winnipeg plays @ Minnesota Tuesday (tomorrow).
Then @ Colorado Thursday.

Nashville is home to Minnesota Thursday.
Then home to Colorado Friday.

Weird.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Levi definitely has the footwork to overcome his size at the NHL level.

Always tough to tell until they play at NHL speed to know if the feet are going to translate, but man, excellent feet for him.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Karlsson with 100 pts. This guy is scary when healthy.
He was written off too early by the so-called experts, I enjoyed the interview he had with Maclean and crew where he clearly threw shots in their direction about writing him off and that he had plenty of good hockey left in him. If the Sharks win the lottery and have a healthy EK, they won't be down for long.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
He was written off too early by the so-called experts, I enjoyed the interview he had with Maclean and crew where he clearly threw shots in their direction about writing him off and that he had plenty of good hockey left in him. If the Sharks win the lottery and have a healthy EK, they won't be down for long.
I bumped into him at the very onset of his career, it was on St Cath. I said who's better you or PK and he said he's better by a huge amount but PK is stronger (Karlsson looked tiny in person). Turns out he was correct.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I bumped into him at the very onset of his career, it was on St Cath. I said who's better you or PK and he said he's better by a huge amount but PK is stronger (Karlsson looked tiny in person). Turns out he was correct.
To put up 100 points and be ahead of the next-highest point-getter on the team by 33 points as a defenseman is truly remarkable. If he remains healthy it would be a dream destination for Bedard, imagine having one of the best puck movers in the world feeding him passes. I know that everyone wants CB but to land in SJ without the pressure of being in a big NHL market would be a big kickstart to his NHL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad