Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Stanley cups or not, it has taken Sergachev 6 year to fully blossom. He's progressed each year as you would expect for a Dman under 25.

I'm really surprised some of y'all are treating stay patient with young D as a controversial statement. Sergachev only eclipsed 50 points in 6th nhl season.

Seeing as how we are impatient with everyone, I'm 99% sure we would have been impatient with Sergachev as well, two cups or not. Hell, even some bolts fans were impatient with him up until last season
There was nothing controversial about what you said. Some just like to argue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wonder how Bedard's career will blossom and bloom...

It's rather likely everybody will lament this year as a 'missed opportunity' even though the draft lottery makes it impossible to actively tank for the #1 pick.
I'm not prepared to say the lottery makes it impossible to tank with close to a 70% chance Bedard falls to a bottom 5 club. I sure as heck know where I was aiming as a 32nd place team last season.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
No doubt... But fair to say that the isles, Sabres & Panthers have their own issues & limitations as well.

Panthers are playing the best of the bunch at this point I'm the season, but I'd still pick the pens ahead of them if I had to pick a first round upset... On the other hand, I'd probably bet on the Panthers to go deeper than the Pens if I was to pick a wild card team to go far in the playoffs...

The only having two lines issue is one that is a bigger detriment to regular season success, and to a deep playoff run, than it is to winning an opening round series.
Interesting. I would actually choose the Isles as the mostly likely to pull off the upset. Largely because they have the best goaltending. Also they play that heavy game style that has seen them have a couple of long playoff runs in the last three years.

It will be interesting to see who's playing those top seeds! I'm selfishly hoping Florida isn't one of them.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Background R to L:

Esposito, Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux

Then

Bernie Nicholls. 😆 🤣

Great player, but not like the rest.

Impressive by McDavid obviously.
5 points away from Yzerman. If he does that, he’ll be the highest season point producer not named Gretz or Lemieux.

Edit: 4 points from tying Yzerman.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Canucks win in a shootout. The last 3 minutes of OT were absolutely wild. Demko saved 2 glorious chances by Calgary.

Worse is Calgary got two 3 on 1s, and a couple of 2 on 1s and didn't pass on any of them. All lousy shots too.

Probably a season ender for them.

Well, Calgary needs to win both of their final games, and have Winnipeg lose two of their final 3. That would put Calgary at 94pts. Winnipeg at 93.

Calgary plays Nashville & San Jose. Both home games. Definitely doable.

Winnipeg plays San Jose (home) that's probably a win, but then play Minnesota & Colorado on the road. Two very tough places to win.

So, yeah, I can see Winnipeg losing their last 2 games. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Well, Calgary needs to win both of their final games, and have Winnipeg lose two of their final 3. That would put Calgary at 94pts.

Do you know why they never recalled Dustin Wolf?

Are they trying to make history and be the 1st team to make it with sub .900 goaltending?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'm surprised it took this long to sign him. Maybe Laferriere was still contemplating if he wanted to go back to Harvard or turn pro and only made his decision now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Do you know why they never recalled Dustin Wolf?

Are they trying to make history and be the 1st team to make it with sub .900 goaltending?

No, idea. They haven't even given him a game despite absolutely dominating at AHL level. He's an undersized goalie, but so are Saros, Hart & Levi.

I know a lot of Calgary Flames fans who are upset about Wolf not getting a recall despite the epic shitty goaltending Flames have received this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad