Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Those 20 pts on the pp sure are boosting Lehkonen overall production...

His even strength production is at 0.45 ppg this year, it's on part with his good seasons with the Habs since Julien didn't give him power play minutes. He's playing 5 more minutes per games with Colorado too.
PP time is earned, I don’t think it should be held against him. Likewise general TOI. Coaches aren’t in the business of giving ice time to players who don’t deserve it.

Lehkonen was always a good player but his production has gone up — it could be circumstantial (like you imply) or he’s done more to earn coaches trust which is the same as saying he’s progressed and matured.

Reactions: DAChampion

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Watching the highlights of NYR vs TBL, I wonder if the Habs will have “team toughness” when the time comes.

Who’ll be our physically secure players next year?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s obviously about Slafkovsky, Kotkaniemi isn’t a Hab anymore and is unlikely to ever wear a Habs kit.

Habs fans like you will never accept reality, so likewise I know your angle very well: the Habs organization can do no wrong, any prospect who fails was never going to succeed, and there are no lessons learned and nothing to change. Rush one prospect and rush all prospects, whatever the Habs do is the right move.

Meanwhile you keep rooting for the team to lose so we can pick up more magic beans. Super but I disagree. I hate this shtick.

You haven’t read anything.
Tell us more about the ‘tall goof with no IQ’….

As for me saying the Habs can do no wrong, hahahahaha… ONE of us isn’t reading anything. Feel free to put Bergevin in a search and read my posts.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Watching the highlights of NYR vs TBL, I wonder if the Habs will have “team toughness” when the time comes.

Who’ll be our physically secure players next year?
Someone too well acquainted with injuries :sarcasm:

The problem isn't the lack of one physically secure player, it's that the team is below average in physicality overall (especially the current line-up).

Pezz is one of the league leader in term of hits per 60 minutes, but he's the only guy who hits anything in a game currently playing (the next one is RHP) and he plays under 10 minutes a night.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I’m sure you’re aware of the term Hockey IQ and to what it generally refers. If you want to tell me that Slafkovsky so far has demonstrated acceptable levels of Hockey IQ for a 1OA I welcome your effort. Go on.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Someone too well acquainted with injuries :sarcasm:

The problem isn't the lack of one physically secure player, it's that the team is below average in physicality overall (especially the current line-up).

Pezz is one of the league leader in term of hits per 60 minutes, but he's the only guy who hits anything in a game currently playing (the next one is RHP) and he plays under 10 minutes a night.
To me Team Toughness means when middle6 or top9 players can hold their own and dish it out when they need to. Pezz can be a big hitter but he’ll never feature on the ice regularly enough to impact the Team Toughness aspect to which I refer.

Boston when they won the Cup had Horton, Lucic and Chara eating big minutes + their other hulking Dmen (their names escape me) + their tough guy grinders.

I don’t think we need to go that far and our first priority should be getting talent and skill but it makes me wonder with Farrell and other burgeoning prospects we don’t seem to have a very tough team at all next year. Do you count Gallagher 2023 edition or Dvorak or Eddy toward team toughness? I don’t…

Who will we have that brings some grit or power and eats good amount of TOI? Anderson, Xhekaj, Slafkovsky maybe, and…?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’m sure you’re aware of the term Hockey IQ and to what it generally refers. If you want to tell me that Slafkovsky so far has demonstrated acceptable levels of Hockey IQ for a 1OA I welcome your effort. Go on.
Thanks for proving my point.

Carry on with your schtick…

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Those 20 pts on the pp sure are boosting Lehkonen overall production...

His even strength production is at 0.45 ppg this year, it's on part with his good seasons with the Habs since Julien didn't give him power play minutes. He's playing 5 more minutes per games with Colorado too.

Careful... Not all posters like proper context being offered if it gets in the way of their flaming takes.

As for me saying the Habs can do no wrong, hahahahaha… ONE of us isn’t reading anything. Feel free to put Bergevin in a search and read my posts.

I almost replied the exact same thing lol

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Do you really actually believe this?
Really?

I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by "earned"?

Did Hoffman earn his large pp time this season? Drouin?
Of course they did — their coach didn’t figure he had superior alternatives to them.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Of course they did — their coach didn’t figure he had superior alternatives to them.

Ah... I see. Interesting logic.

So I guess last year Caufield flipped a switch and "earned" more ice time & pp time the minute MSL was hired, but in the weeks before, he just hadn't earned it :facepalm:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Ah... I see. Interesting logic.

So I guess last year Caufield flipped a switch and "earned" more ice time & pp time the minute MSL was hired, but in the weeks before, he just hadn't earned it :facepalm:
Ducharme was a bad coach and was fired — remember?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ducharme was a bad coach and was fired — remember?

I see.

So pp time is earned when the coach is good, but isn't earned when they are bad...

But Lek played under DD, who was bad, yet you claimed earlier that he got more pp time with the avs because he earned it there...

Looks like your reasoning lacks a bit of reason

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I see.

So pp time is earned when the coach is good, but isn't earned when they are bad...

But Lek played under DD, who was bad, yet you claimed earlier that he got more pp time with the avs because he earned it there...

Looks like your reasoning lacks a bit of reason
The coach’s judgement of his roster is a major factor in the distribution of TOI. It’s indisputable that this is how it works.

Scroll up and read the discussion: either Lehkonen has tangibly improved as a hockey player or his new coach “just” perceives him as a superior option for TOI (while his last coach did not share this perception). In either case it is a sign that Lehkonen has taken a step forward in his development. In context of the discussion we’re having, it’s not common for this to happen at this stage in the game after so many seasons in the NHL… but it does happen.

Now tell me with what it is you disagree?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
KK is a 60 point player, if you ignore the 5 points in 30 games stretch where he was playing with the literal two best wingers on the Canes in Svech and Necas. And if you don't count the games in which he doesn't get points.

That's KK in a nutshell though. He goes long stretches of not contributing and stretches where he goes almost a ppg.

In his last year with us, he had one point in his first 19 games. He ended the season with 20 pts. Almost all of it in mid-season, as he slumped towards the end of that year too.

He's a lot like Eller. Eller would go 10-20 games without points, put up 25 in 30, and finish the season with 35 points.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Everything is scripted to FINALLY see a 2nd round in Leafs land. Fill that happen?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They are actually decent just no goalscorers from what I've watched. A couple more goals or guys who could have put it in the net and they would be in a good spot

You could look at it from the other side as well. Markstrom is having having a really tough time, to the point where you have to wonder if it's ever coming back for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad