Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm not sure. It depends on how you look at it. If someone does a job to the best of their ability until their employer says no more, rather than quitting when things get unfair or hard.... You could argue thats the guy with integrity too.
True

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Leipert is a little rocky wow

Re Sutter ...Was it dry humor and it flew by everyone's head?

Jacob was interviewed today and said Sutter told him he had a good game and would have played more if not for the many PKs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Jacob was interviewed today and said Sutter told him he had a good game and would have played more if not for the many PKs.

Sutter does like to f*** with the media in a surly old hockey coach way. He's at a point in his career where he really doesn't care what people think about him so he can afford to be like that. It's a bit like Maurice, he knows he always has a job somewhere if he wants it.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006

this is Sutter showing he is fed up answering the "what you think about X and Y player" type of questions... naturally some will think it's a Quebec VS Western Canada thing *cough*Jean-Charles*cough*

that being said, Darryl is a miserable old fart

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The most important thing i learned from this story is that Trevor Lewis is still in the NHL. He was not that good back in the days so i was stunned to learn the guy was still around. I assume dinosaur coaching ;) Flames should bring back Dwight King, Jordan Nolan and Kyle Clifford this way they could avoid having to deal with their prospects :sarcasm:

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sutter does like to f*** with the media in a surly old hockey coach way. He's at a point in his career where he really doesn't care what people think about him so he can afford to be like that. It's a bit like Maurice, he knows he always has a job somewhere if he wants it.
In this league, if you have a certain reputation, you'll get a job everytime if you want it. The league loves to recycle coaches.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Again, I just don't know why any team would go through what the Canucks did to hire someone without a track record of success. If it was for Trotz, Babcock or Julien Id at least understand it a bit more but you're bringing on a coach with no real success or track record. Might as well have fired Bruce, hired Yeo as an intern and do a proper search in the offseason

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Again, I just don't know why any team would go through what the Canucks did to hire someone without a track record of success. If it was for Trotz, Babcock or Julien Id at least understand it a bit more but you're bringing on a coach with no real success or track record. Might as well have fired Bruce, hired Yeo as an intern and do a proper search in the offseason

You assume they have good mangement though which they don't ...

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
What I don't know is how the hell was he in position to ask for a 2.75M/season contract (for three seasons including this one).

(Oh, and this is an obvious situation where there was only one candidate in the pool)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Norris out for the season now, so the shitty sens get shittier

I mean, he didn't actually make that much of a difference anyway. He played 3 games, and scored 1 goal.

Sens went 1-2-0, and were outscored 9-2 in their last 2 losses. That's with Norris. Their issues go further than one player.

Sens are 2-6-0 in their last 8 games. In 5 of their losses, they were shutout twice & scored only one goal 3 times.

Their best month was December when they also didn't have Norris. They managed to sort of put themselves into the playoff picture with 8 wins.

But, after beginning 2023 with two straight home wins, they've been garbage.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I mean, he didn't actually make that much of a difference anyway. He played 3 games, and scored 1 goal.

Sens went 1-2-0, and were outscored 9-2 in their last 2 losses. That's with Norris. Their issues go further than one player.

Sens are 2-6-0 in their last 8 games. In 5 of their losses, they were shutout twice & scored only one goal 3 times.

Their best month was December when they also didn't have Norris. They managed to sort of put themselves into the playoff picture with 8 wins.

But, after beginning 2023 with two straight home wins, they've been garbage.
True, but he would have/could have gotten it going once he got a few more games in.

Their d and goaltending is horrendous

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
All of them. He was drafted in 7th round. He was 3 spots away from being Mr. Irrelevant (last pick).

He was passed over 213 times (pick #214).

Crazy what 2 inches can do.

10o6x1.jpg

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He never did care about what anyone thinks about him. I saw him at an event full of NHL execs all wearing their expensive suits and he was wearing a checkered flannel shirt and jeans looking like Elmer Fudd. I like that about him.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad