Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope the Sabres can make the playoffs. This means Florida likely doesn’t make it and it would be an exciting team to watch with some of the best fans.
One thing is for sure they can score goals. I do a double take everytime I look at goal differential comparing LA to Buffalo. Holy crap does the west ever suck in general.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I hope Buffalo makes it simply because it's a fun team to watch honestly. Looking at their lineup i think it's incredible they are not a lock at this point.
I hope Buffalo makes it simply because it's a fun team to watch honestly. Looking at their lineup i think it's incredible they are not a lock at this point.
Love Buffalo's uniforms. I could not believe how many big guys with skills they have, Thompson, Tuch, Dahlin, Power, Cozens.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Lehkonen with his 15th goal. A pretty nice snipe from him too.

Colorado wins again, and jumps Minnesota into #3 in Division. They're 8 points back of #2 Winnipeg with 3 games in hand. 9 points back of #1 Dallas also with 3 games in hand. There's going to be a fight for that Division - no question. Colorado is rolling.

Minnesota falls out a playoff spot into #9 in West.

Last edited:

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009

Colorado wins again, and jumps Minnesota into #3 in Division. They're 8 points back of #2 Winnipeg with 3 games in hand. 9 points back of #1 Dallas also with 3 games in hand. There's going to be a fight for that Division - no question. Colorado is rolling.

Landeskog and Byram are still out with injuries, if they get back in time for the PO and the Avs are still on a roll I think the rest of the league has to look out.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Columbus needs to be investigated/audited for tanking. There's no way a team with this much talent can be THIS garbage. Is Brad Larsen Dominique Ducharme's British Columbian brother or something?

HOW THE f*** do Gaudreau and Laine only have 1 PP goal each?

I was dreaming the other day that at the last draft, the Habs had made a trade with the Jackets to switch our top picks from this year to last year. They would get our pick of 2022 and we would get their top pick for 2023. Plus they would have given us a player or players in return. So they would have gotten even weaker and we would not have had to tank or lose in any way this year and get the overall top pick.

Wow, the Canucks actually blame an insider? They still don't get it.

Not only it's mind-boggling that the boss had decided he would fire the coach many games before doing it but that he also said it to anybody was stupid. And then saying it to an insider? What kind of clownshow are they running back there. The Rutherford regime is not starting too well.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

They had so many injuries. Landeskog did not play a single game. MacKinnon missed 10 games. Rodrigues missed 10. Nichuskin missed half the season so far. Manson missed half the season. Byram played only 10 games. Girard missed a few games and sucked most of the year would not be surprised if he's playing injured. A good example as to why blaming injuries for being in the bottom 10 of the league is wrong. Good teams can fight thru injuries.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Jets board is really funny. They're resigned to the fact that PLD to Habs will probably happen but they're hoping Habs get caught tampering and have to give up their 2023 1st
If Hughes trades for him one would have to think the cost would be high, one of our first-rounders this year plus much more. Wouldn't it be better just to wait until he hits free agency and we can get him for nothing? If his desire is to come to Montreal why not wait? Rebuild continues next season and playoffs are probably not in the cards so why rush it?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If Hughes trades for him one would have to think the cost would be high, one of our first-rounders this year plus much more. Wouldn't it be better just to wait until he hits free agency and we can get him for nothing? If his desire is to come to Montreal why not wait? Rebuild continues next season and playoffs are probably not in the cards so why rush it?

They're not gonna pay a high cost for him and the cost isn't high if he only wants to come here.

If the Jets don't want to do the Trouba style deal again.. Hughes will walk away and say we'll make our offer to him on free agency.

Jets don't have much leverage. They can get a rental return for him next year and risk further damaging their player reputation.. or they could just move him for the same rental type return to where he wants to go anyway and keep some good will with the players.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
They're not gonna pay a high cost for him and the cost isn't high if he only wants to come here.

If the Jets don't want to do the Trouba style deal again.. Hughes will walk away and say we'll make our offer to him on free agency.

Jets don't have much leverage. They can get a rental return for him next year and risk further damaging their player reputation.. or they could just move him for the same rental type return to where he wants to go anyway and keep some good will with the players.
Okay cool, thanks for the reply. With the recent play of Kirby Dach at center, is there a possibility that they aren't as eager to make a trade right now for Dubois? I guess that both can play wing but Dach being a 6' 4" center with plenty of potential, wouldn't it be better to give him another year at the position instead of trading for PLD right now? They should wait unless as you said that the cost isn't crazy.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Okay cool, thanks for the reply. With the recent play of Kirby Dach at center, is there a possibility that they aren't as eager to make a trade right now for Dubois? I guess that both can play wing but Dach being a 6' 4" center with plenty of potential, wouldn't it be better to give him another year at the position instead of trading for PLD right now? They should wait unless as you said that the cost isn't crazy.

Both PLD and Dach can play wing. So I don't think they're too concerned about it. It might be one of those things where Suzuki, Dach and PLD play on the wing depending on the match-ups.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hughes is too smart to be caught tampering. As a former agent, he knows the rules well.

It's been PLDs agent doing everything.
true but it's a fine line; if PLD signs in Montreal, the NHL may look back and see if they can prove Brisson and Hughes had a handshake deal for PLD while he was under contract with the jets

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Both PLD and Dach can play wing. So I don't think they're too concerned about it. It might be one of those things where Suzuki, Dach and PLD play on the wing depending on the match-ups.
And with Suzuki and Dach being both RH, having Dubois who is LH center could help in many situations and bring more flexibility like Monahan give us at the start of the season

true but it's a fine line; if PLD signs in Montreal, the NHL may look back and see if they can prove Brisson and Hughes had a handshake deal for PLD while he was under contract with the jets
Hughes and Brisson where in the right to talk last year since PLD was RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad