Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Matt Berlin, emergency backup goalie for the Oilers (think Ayers emergency, not Beck emergency), a local guy, finishes the game in front of the net (Campbell is fine)

I didn't know they could put him in without any emergency

Reactions: DavePeak

DavePeak

Lane Hutson will win the Calder, Norris and Vezina
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Yeah my bad with the Ayres example, he signed an emergency pro tryout before the game, not exactly the same. That made him eligible to be on the roster as the backup.

They just wanted to outdo the Habs and pull something even crazier than recalling a junior player

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
2 Guys I want to see getting Ko'ed. Binnington and now Zegras. If true what he said to Stecher about his dad....make him lose his teeth.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If that Zegras comment is true then f*** him, but it's unreal how nobody on the Yotes didn't do anything about it if it was indeed true.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
2 Guys I want to see getting Ko'ed. Binnington and now Zegras. If true what he said to Stecher about his dad....make him lose his teeth.

Edit: Don't want to jump to conclusions. It looks pretty bad though.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lost my dad in a tragic way in August 2021. If someone said what Zegras allegedly did to Stetcher to me, he’d get a stick to the teeth.
I am sorry to hear that. I'm really not sure what to make of this situation. On one hand, I doubt Stetcher would react that way if it was a simple "you suck at hockey" chirp since he is known to be a level-headed guy and the ref gave Zegras a 10-minute misconduct so it was likely something similar to what is allegedly said. On the other hand, Stetcher came back in the 3rd period and was on the ice with Zegras and nothing really happened that was different from the start of the game which is insanely bizarre (maybe he didn't want to do something that could jeopardize the game for his team and didn't tell his teammates, but these are 2 bottom 5 teams over halfway through a lost season). I hope the league looks into this.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Zegras said that he thought it was pretty generic trash talking, but you never know what another person is going through. A standard, "yeah, your momma...." comment could send someone whose mother is dying of cancer over the edge.

Zegras might have said something off-hand that hit too close to home, but Zegras was unaware of its potential impact/hurtfulness.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I know we as hockey fans usually s*** on NHL refs but they're by far the best out of the major NA sports (maybe besides MLB). Also I think their decisions are the least consequential to the overall game so that might be part of it

• Love
Reactions: MarkovsKnee and the

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I know we as hockey fans usually s*** on NHL refs but they're by far the best out of the major NA sports (maybe besides MLB). Also I think their decisions are the least consequential to the overall game so that might be part of it
They're definitely the best. Especially considering the speed of the game, their physical conditioning, and breaking up scrums and fights.

Reactions: the

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There's a rumor lately about Bally Sports RSN going bankrupt and i'm like I never heard of Bally ever. Then the affected teams are listed starting with Arizona Coyotes and i'm like oh! makes perfect sense now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I remember watching an old time game and seeing Bobby Hull on the ice. He was just miles ahead of everyone. They all looked like they were skating in mud and he was flying.

I often wonder how different things could have been in the 1972 Summit Series if WHA players were allowed to join Team Canada and if Bobby Orr wasn’t hurt. Canada likely wins 6 of the 8 games.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad