Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just realized Bergeron and Krejci only have a combined cap hit of 3.5M this season. Now thats taking one for the team

Yup. But with their performance bonuses, they'll count for a total of $8M. Bergeron at $5M and Krejci at $3M.

According to CapFriendly:
- Bergeron's only performance bonus is 10 GP, which triggers an extra $2.5M to his $2.5M cap hit.
- Krejci's performance bonuses are triggered at 10 GP ($1M), then 20 GP ($500K) and then a playoff participation ($500K), which would trigger an extra $2M to his $1M cap hit.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yup. But with their performance bonuses, they'll count for a total of $8M. Bergeron at $5M and Krejci at $3M.

According to CapFriendly:
- Bergeron's only performance bonus is 10 GP, which triggers an extra $2.5M to his $2.5M cap hit.
- Krejci's performance bonuses are triggered at 10 GP ($1M), then 20 GP ($500K) and then a playoff participation ($500K), which would trigger an extra $2M to his $1M cap hit.

Ain't the bonus cap hit applied next season though?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I know we as hockey fans usually s*** on NHL refs but they're by far the best out of the major NA sports (maybe besides MLB). Also I think their decisions are the least consequential to the overall game so that might be part of it

They are garbage. Only nba might be worse.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I remember watching an old time game and seeing Bobby Hull on the ice. He was just miles ahead of everyone. They all looked like they were skating in mud and he was flying.

I often wonder how different things could have been in the 1972 Summit Series if WHA players were allowed to join Team Canada and if Bobby Orr wasn’t hurt. Canada likely wins 6 of the 8 games.

I wasn't alive to experience his playing career but from the stuff I have seen..... This guy was freaking stallion. He's known for his shot, but what physical specimen he was too.

Kind of sounds like the description you would throw around for ovechkin.

Reactions: le_sean

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
There's a rumor lately about Bally Sports RSN going bankrupt and i'm like I never heard of Bally ever. Then the affected teams are listed starting with Arizona Coyotes and i'm like oh! makes perfect sense now.

They are part of the media behemoth known as Sinclair media which runs many of the local news syndications in the United States.

They also make sure that their ultra conservative views are reflected in their syndications.

They sound really gross. John Oliver ran a segment on them a few years ago which I'm sure is on YouTube somewhere.

Reactions: LaP

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Do you not watch the NFL?

Casual NFL fan. I think their biggest problem is that their rulebook has been over complicated and bloated like it's the federal income tax act.

I'm generally alot more mellow as I've aged, but the refs in the nhl somehow infuriate me more now than ever.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Only if you can't fit it in this year.

I believe it might be automatically deferred to next cap because we put Price on LTIR before the season started. Why? I'm not sure but the $1.132M carryover bonuses we have this season. You would imagine that would have fit in last year's cap right?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I believe it might be automatically deferred to next cap because we put Price on LTIR before the season started. Why? I'm not sure but the $1.132M carryover bonuses we have this season. You would imagine that would have fit in last year's cap right?

We were talking about Boston's cap with Bergeron and Krejci's bonuses, not about the Habs.

But in general, performance bonuses can be accounted for the current year. It's only if the team doesn't the cap space. it transfers to the following year. What I'm not sure is if teams can choose to have it transfer to the following year. Or if they have no choice (you have it count this year if you have the room, if not, it transfers to next year).

So the Bruins could load up this year and max their cap out and carry over the bonuses for next year's cap?

If so, gives a Last Dance sort of vibe with their core when you look at their contracts for next year.

Exactly. But next year, they will have to make sure they have the cap space for the extra $3.5M of their bonuses.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Casual NFL fan. I think their biggest problem is that their rulebook has been over complicated and bloated like it's the federal income tax act.

I'm generally alot more mellow as I've aged, but the refs in the nhl somehow infuriate me more now than ever.
LOL! Most NFL officials have other full-time jobs and being an NFL ref is a part-time side job for them. They have several controversial blown calls every week that have implications on playoff spots and cost a lot of people big time money from bets. This is with far fewer games than in the NHL.

NHL refs can be infuriating but watch a month of international refereeing and you'll appreciate them more.

Jul 6, 2016

Cheap price to pay for such a player. Beauvillier is a third line player at best and Raty could never see a NHL ice or if he does, another third line guy.. And that 1st rounder could be between 20th and 32nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad