Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As of today, not a huge fan of the deal for Nucks. Top 12 protected...Beauvillier (who I think is pretty average), Raty is the big question mark....Right now, it looks not much but Raty and 1st...could be pretty good nonetheless.

Reactions: salbutera

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
As of today, not a huge fan of the deal for Nucks. Top 12 protected...Beauvillier (who I think is pretty average), Raty is the big question mark....Right now, it looks not much but Raty and 1st...could be pretty good nonetheless.
It'S Top-12 protected, but the Islanders are a rather old team and they're definitely a possible candidate to fall off a cliff next season, especially if Horvat isn't extended. Also Sorokin has been a little too good for them, generally speaking.

This deal has some serious possible Chiarot repercussions.

I honestly thought Horvat would have brought more back... even though I like Raty. I guess the trade gates are open baby! Lets start selling!
That is a lot for an unextended Horvat, considering the Islanders could very conceiveably be quite a bit worse next season, and the pick ISN'T protected next season.

Reactions: Habs13

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It'S Top-12 protected, but the Islanders are a rather old team and they're definitely a possible candidate to fall off a cliff next season, especially if Horvat isn't extended. Also Sorokin has been a little too good for them, generally speaking.

This deal has some serious possible Chiarot repercussions.
At the same time, being an older team means they kind of need to go for it sooner rather than later.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Would be great if the trade sparks both teams and gets them both rolling and racking up the points! (Doubtful from Vancouver)

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Beauvillier could also get traded for a first by next season tdl imo

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
They are garbage. Only nba might be worse.
NFL might be the worst reffing I've ever seen. All people talked about yesterday was the reffing and how rigged it is. NHL reffing is bad but I rarely if ever hear chants of "rigged" in reference to the reffing

Reactions: Habs13

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
I'll say it again, Elliotte Friedman is annoying as F with his team name abbreviations.

Reactions: sj315

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Beauvillier could also get traded for a first by next season tdl imo
I disagree. he is a Small middle six winger who stagnate since a long time ago with an high aav. Pretty sure he is closer to be a cap dump than a pick on a cap era.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I disagree. he is a Small middle six winger who stagnate since a long time ago with an high aav. Pretty sure he is closer to be a cap dump than a pick on a cap era.
This is exactly how some folks described Tatar at the time of the Suzuki trade.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
That trade is going look ugly for the islanders in a couple years. Especially if they re-sign him at the rumoured 8.5 mill aav. That pick will be top 17. In a deep draft like this that is a bluechip prospect. Raty is a very nice prospect as well with sneaky upside. All that for a career 60ish point 2C. Yikes.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Beauvillier is a cap dump and has been for over a year.

The Canucks got a bare minimum return for Horvat.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We were talking about Boston's cap with Bergeron and Krejci's bonuses, not about the Habs.

But in general, performance bonuses can be accounted for the current year. It's only if the team doesn't the cap space. it transfers to the following year. What I'm not sure is if teams can choose to have it transfer to the following year. Or if they have no choice (you have it count this year if you have the room, if not, it transfers to next year).

Exactly. But next year, they will have to make sure they have the cap space for the extra $3.5M of their bonuses.

Ah K. But once again, why do we have carry over from last year then? I know I'm changing it to the Habs but I believe we had cap room last year at the end of the season, so I'm lead to believe that any LTIR contracts placed there before the season starts means the ELC performance bonuses are automatically carried over. It's one of the negatives of using it to be under the cap when the season starts. If not, I really don't understand what we are hit with bonuses from last year... was it because we didn't have cap room left? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad