Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
true but it's a fine line; if PLD signs in Montreal, the NHL may look back and see if they can prove Brisson and Hughes had a handshake deal for PLD while he was under contract with the jets

There's absolutely no way Hughes is tampering. Absolute Jets fantasy.

It's entirely possible that Hughes talked to his agent while he was a RFA to get an understanding of contract demands, which is allowed. But once PLD signed his QO, everything coming out has been by his agent.

The NHL will do nothing.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Mackinnon is something else. To be able to make a pass while getting hit and going down is nuts. Also great to see Leky scoring. He showed a lot of promise his rookie year as a scorer. I can easily see him being a 20-30 goal guy with the Avs.

Lehky is doing exactly what I said he would do on that club. Not being a natural goal scorer if he pots 25 you just know he's been involved in a ton of high quality chances. Too bad we never had the top end talent to bring the best out of this player. None the less he did remain a favorite with a fair portion of our fan base. At least the fans that understood he was consistently helping create more chances than many of our so called stars.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Bruins lose to TB. That would be an interesting 2nd round series. Don't think Bruins win it.

Anaheim getting outshot 22-10 by Avs. They're only losing 2-1 though.

Somehow, Chicago has a 2-1 lead on Flames, and Coyotes a 1-0 lead over Blues.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Bruins lose to TB. That would be an interesting 2nd round series. Don't think Bruins win it.

Anaheim getting outshot 22-10 by Avs. They're only losing 2-1 though.

Somehow, Chicago has a 2-1 lead on Flames, and Coyotes a 1-0 lead over Blues.
I really wonder if the Bruins are a case of peaking at the wrong time. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a playoff run like the 2019 Lightning.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I really wonder if the Bruins are a case of peaking at the wrong time. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a playoff run like the 2019 Lightning.

Definitely possible but I do think Boston is too well coached and their vets have the right amount of leadership to mitigate the risk. At worse, they should get through round 1. However, like the maestro says, anything can happen.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mikheyev has played the whole season with a torn ACL and still managed a 0.5 PPG. Why did they play him in a lost season...

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I was looking at the Bruins trade history because they amaze me how many good players and picks they've traded away and are still a powerhouse. How they flubbed on the 2015 draft and missed out on Connor, Chabot, Barzal.

Traded away Seguin, Smith, Hamilton.

One lesser talked about move by the Bruins from 2015:

Boston flipped the 135th overall pick in 2015 to Minnesota for a 5th round pick in 2016. With that pick, they selected Cameron Clarke, a career minor leaguer.

Selected at 135 OA with Bostons pick, Kirill Kaprizov.

Last edited:

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Big game between Buffalo and Minnesota. Buffalo needs 2 point for a wild card spot and Minnesota only needs 1. Be best for à Buffalo OT win.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

DavePeak

Lane Hutson will win the Calder, Norris and Vezina
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Already 5-1 Oilers in the 2nd vs Chicago

McDavid with a glitch goal

Kulak with a fight

Edit: Watching the game on Sportsnet… you guys get Katy Perry for SKIP commercials while we get Patrick Groulx?

Last edited:

DavePeak

Lane Hutson will win the Calder, Norris and Vezina
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Matt Berlin, emergency backup goalie for the Oilers (think Ayres-ish emergency, not Beck emergency), a local guy (UAlberta player), finishes the game in front of the net (Campbell is fine)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad