Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

trade him to us and we'll know his #.

I'm of two minds about it. On one hand just a "he played well, I liked what I saw of him" would have been nice. On the other hand, I like the old school "the kid has to learn his keep" mindset as well. Which is the card Sutter was playing there. Sutter was praising Lafleur not too long ago. Well Lafleur with all his talent had to prove himself with the Habs for his first three years. Barely had ice time. It's a good way to learn humility. On one hand, some would say the league is different now, it's a young man's game now. But at the same time it's a good way to show who has the determination to prove himself.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Bruce Boudreau leaves the bench in tears through the tunnel towards the dressing room with the crowd chanting “ Bruce there it is”

There is a guy I wouldn’t mind having in Montreal. Everyone has only nice things to say about Bruce.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

trade him to us and we'll know his #.

That's just ridiculous. Stupid, softball question, stupid answer.

The coaches don't want to be there. We don't learn nothing from this. Why even have these pressers? It's just a shame all around.

Reactions: ReHabs

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Vancouver is a complete shit show

Can you or anyone else fill me in? I haven't been keeping up with the Vancouver circus, how is Bruce speaking as if he's gone? What's going on over there? Did the owners of GM said something publically?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Can you or anyone else fill me in? I haven't been keeping up with the Vancouver circus, how is Bruce speaking as if he's gone? What's going on over there? Did the owners of GM said something publically?
It was widely known that Rick Tocchet is stepping in. Boudreau was left hanging for over a week now for reasons unknown and it got to a head when fans started chanting his name — Boudreau is on his last stretch of coaching and is known as a good guy so his treatment has not gone unnoticed.

The media, being bottom-feeders, kept needling Boudreau instead of taking the ownership of the Canucks to account

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bruce Boudreau, the next coach of the Ottawa Senators.
Hopefully. They'll start winning then.

Get them a GM that isn't a complete idiot and look out.

Until then, Ottawa is just a trash team. Not a ridiculous amount of hype but expecting to be I'm meaningful games until the end.

Unless they turn it around, which would require a new coach, it's not going to happen. Even then with the shit goaltending and d that team has i don't think a new coach will be able to do much

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

Until then, Ottawa is just a trash team. Not a ridiculous amount of hype but expecting to be I'm meaningful games until the end.

Unless they turn it around, which would require a new coach, it's not going to happen. Even then with the shit goaltending and d that team has i don't think a new coach will be able to do much
GM probably isn't the best, but he was stuck with Melnyk's constraints until last year...

I mean, he accepted the puppet role and tthat's on him, for sure. But I'm not neady to say he's a complete idiot hockey-wise. I think we've seen Melnyk more than Dorion in the personel moves.

Reactions: Fenris

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
GM probably isn't the best, but he was stuck with Melnyk's constraints until last year...

I mean, he accepted the puppet role and tthat's on him, for sure. But I'm not neady to say he's a complete idiot hockey-wise. I think we've seen Melnyk more than Dorion in the personel moves.
Perhaps premature in declaring the rebuild as over but it was hard to criticize his moves this past offseason. Senators SHOULD be a lot better but I think this is on coaching.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

While true, Dorion convinced Melnyk to but in when everyone knew the sens weren't that good.

He got nothing for Hoffman, while the Sharks had him got 20 minutes and got a much better return.

He got free reign last year and did a piss poor job with goaltending and a horrendous job with their shitty d.

Traded Paul away for pretty much nothing.

Traded for Hamonic giving up a 3rd, because they didn't have a 4th.

While it's not him, they've drafted well, so there's that.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Vancouver is a complete shit show

The top quote is exactly why he's still there. :laugh:

Their next 3 games are against Chicago, Seattle (who they play well against) then Columbus. Then they hit their bye / all star week break.

They could easily go 3-0 to start Tocchet's career off well, and then management can go - see it's all Boudreau's fault.

They also have the 4th easiest schedule post-all star break & expect Demko back sometime soon after that.

Which is good news for us because we need them to pass us; however, I would warn them about looking at Chicago as an easy win, as Hawks have won 3 in a row, and have won 7 of their last 8 games.

Hawks are rolling and Seattle is a good team. I can easily see Vancouver going 1-2.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Dorion like Jim Benning strength is drafting…both suck at pro player moves

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122_130503_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122_130503_Chrome.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2

Jul 6, 2016
Very weird to fire a guy and let him behind a bench for a last game.... Respectful or disrespectful ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad