Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Toronto plays Tampa in the first round, I'm cheering for the Leafs. Boot me from this board if you have to
A56A1873-9931-4477-BABF-02F3B533B95F.jpeg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, 6.3M is pretty impressive considering all the factors you mentioned. What the article also overlooks is the fact Subban kept working towards his commitment and always made a point to visit the hospital whenever he was in town. Most traded players stop their engagement with the city when they leave.

Ultimately this is a desperate attempt to get attention and views by a newspaper company with a questionable track record on reporting content

It also puts into perspective saku koivu's led 8 million dollar donation to the hospital back in the early 2000s, and the donation of the pet scanner, which the hospital never had before.

It didn't have the same hoopla as pk's led donation, but it deserves recognition too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Originally posted by @sheed36 in another thread, this sequence deserves to be reposted here:

Something biblical about it. In Genesis 44:1-17, Joseph traps his brothers. :sarcasm:

Parents’ reaction in the stands is priceless. The brothers appear to laugh it out on their way to the box.

Should hold up as one of the most hilarious hockey moments of the year.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Man the Canucks were really stupid not to jump on the opportunity to trade Miller this summer (or even last deadline). A team dead in the water doubling down on a poor roster. Now they will trade Horvat instead. Woof.
Should have sold him and kick started a least a retool. Instead they signed him and seem committed to mediocrity

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Man the Canucks were really stupid not to jump on the opportunity to trade Miller this summer (or even last deadline). A team dead in the water doubling down on a poor roster. Now they will trade Horvat instead. Woof.
Miller, traded at the deadline last year with 50% retention was worth around 2 1st round picks, a top prospect and roster player.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Colorado is in a playoff spot for 1st time this year. Beat Vancouver and jumped into WC2 bumping Calgary out of the playoffs. They're tied in points with Flames but hold 2 games in hand.

Avs are only 3 points back of Minnesota for 3rd in Division. 8 pts back of 2nd place Winnipeg with 2 games in hand. If I'm Dallas or Winnipeg I definitely want to win the Division now & avoid a first round match-up with Avs, and insure home ice advantage in 2nd round. Pretty sure Avs will finish either 2nd or 3rd in Central and not in a Wild Card spot.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Originally posted by @sheed36 in another thread, this sequence deserves to be reposted here:

Something biblical about it. In Genesis 44:1-17, Joseph traps his brothers. :sarcasm:

Parents’ reaction in the stands is priceless. The brothers appear to laugh it out on their way to the box.

Should hold up as one of the most hilarious hockey moments of the year.

The refs should've reviewed it with the parents and sent both players to bed without supper.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Weber would have blocked a shot with his face to win a game, wtf does anyone care that he wasn't around the team when hurt? Talk about things that don't matter. Guy can't go up stairs because he wrecked his ankle playing for the Habs and you guys want him to be Beliveau's wife.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What a terrible job of bungling this situation in Vancouver. My condolences to the Canucks and fans. It boiled over into insane territory last night. Make a decision Rutherford.

The fans need new ownership. There's a reason why Linden quit his position. He discovered they were far too shortsighted for an actual rebuild.

Then there's all the negative press away from the rink with respect to acquilini's personal affairs, and I recall some case about their company's treatment of migrant workers.

The tone starts from the top, and it's got a chaotic, meddling, and incompetent ring to it.

I know people love to trash on Molson here, but we are actually lucky to have an owner that doesn't meddle in hockey decisions, and at least is logical enough to try and learn from things that don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad