Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Atoadaso

Fm5GXk4WYAA2mve

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I dunno… I love PK, but I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Weber on his his caring for the team. He really was innocent through this as he didn‘t ask to be traded either. I’m sure he was loyal to the Habs and loved the guys but it was a job for him, as it is most players. He wasn’t homegrown so I understand he didn’t have the same attachment as PK, drafted and developed by us and grew up as a diehard Habs fan in Leafs Nation.
If Weber is actually going to train with Vegas and pseudo-coach, then it’s definitely fair to think certain things about his commitment to the Habs. Last year’s roster could’ve used his presence and aura no?

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Not misleading at all...

517907430da3c302-5cd1-41da-a4fe-85ca5c0e7fc6_ORIGINAL.jpg

Strange, it feels like it was just a week or two ago where he said it was 8.5M... then 8M...

Encore à ce jour, sept ans et demi plus tard, on peut lire ceci sur le site web officiel de l’athlète : « En septembre 2015, P.K. Subban a fait don de 10 millions $ à l’hôpital pour enfants de Montréal. »

Or, l’ex-défenseur étoile du Canadien de Montréal a indiqué jeudi dans un communiqué que 6,3 M$ ont été versés. La majorité de cette somme provient du public, et non du défenseur lui-même.

P.K. Subban a donné moins d’un million.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Weber is actually going to train with Vegas and pseudo-coach, then it’s definitely fair to think certain things about his commitment to the Habs. Last year’s roster could’ve used his presence and aura no?
Him training with Vegas or not doesn't change anything about his commitment to Montreal. The the end of Weber's career in Montreal was managed in a very unprofesionnal way from the get go. To the time it took to officially announce it to his abscence at the beginning of the season. The way Price and the current management is doing it is the right way. I don'T expect Price to be around next season but this year he's there to say farewell to the fans and the team. The whole Weber doesn't have to be there was BS imo. At the very minimum be there at the start of the season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not misleading at all...
517907430da3c302-5cd1-41da-a4fe-85ca5c0e7fc6_ORIGINAL.jpg

Strange, it feels like it was just a week or two ago where he said it was 8.5M... then 8M...
Encore à ce jour, sept ans et demi plus tard, on peut lire ceci sur le site web officiel de l’athlète : « En septembre 2015, P.K. Subban a fait don de 10 millions $ à l’hôpital pour enfants de Montréal. »
Or, l’ex-défenseur étoile du Canadien de Montréal a indiqué jeudi dans un communiqué que 6,3 M$ ont été versés. La majorité de cette somme provient du public, et non du défenseur lui-même.
P.K. Subban a donné moins d’un million.
His official web site in the offical language says pledge. We could debate how much time someone has to give the money if he pledges to give something but he never said that he was giving 10 millions in a one time payment. It's a bad translation.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
His official web site in the offical language says pledge. We could debate how much time someone has to give the money if he pledges to give something but he never said that he was giving 10 millions in a one time payment. It's a bad translation.

Or just fuzzy wording where they use pledge and donation...

In September 2015, Subban pledged$10 million dollars to the Montreal Children’s Hospital, which marked the largest donation to ever be made by a Canadian athlete.

"to ever be made by a Canadian athlete"... maybe they meant NEVER and that was just a typo.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Or just fuzzy wording where they use pledge and donation...
Don't think it's fuzzy wording. In his official announcement to the media back then he clearly said pledge to. Pledge is a clearly defined word. Here's part of the offical announcement on NHL.com. "The $10 million donation will be made during the next seven years," It was made september 2015 so he had up to september 2022. I'd say if he finishes giving the money this year it's not the end of the world at all. It's a donation not money he owns to a financial institution. if he has not finished giving the money after 10 years then we can start talking. I recently lent money to someone close to me that i trust 100%. He pledged to give this money back to me in the next 5 years. If it takes him 6 years i wont call him out for this.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Don't think it's fuzzy wording.

So calling it the "largest donation" a few words after pledge makes it clear to you.

Last week PK said it was 8-8.5M, this week he says 6.3M but the real numbers show it is under 3.5M donated.

The P.K. Subban Foundation (PKSF) has raised $6.3 million for the Montreal Children's Hospital in eight years, surpassing the halfway point of its $10 million goal.

Did they?

pk.jpg

pktracker.jpg

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I dunno… I love PK, but I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Weber on his his caring for the team. He really was innocent through this as he didn‘t ask to be traded either. I’m sure he was loyal to the Habs and loved the guys but it was a job for him, as it is most players. He wasn’t homegrown so I understand he didn’t have the same attachment as PK, drafted and developed by us and grew up as a diehard Habs fan in Leafs Nation.
Yup.

Though this further highlights just how bad and poorly thought out that trade was from day one.

Reactions: ReHabs

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Subban is on the verge of tears every time he’s back in the Bell Centre

Weber, under contract for 6m last season and still technically captain, avoids his cratering young team like the plague and refuses to visit. The following year he is hunky dory coaching his new team in their training gear.

Some Habs “fans” and media fanboys: Subban is a narcissist and a bad guy, Weber had a special aura.
Price too.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Can't believe we have trash journalism like these

Considering that it was impossible to do typical fundraising activities during the pandemic lockdown period (which in Quebec lasted a very, very long time) — any look at his pledge should take into account that the recipient of the pledge (Children’s Hospital) likely would not permitted usual fundraising events to take place in its premises. By any account the pledge period should be extended.

Call it force majeur.

And this doesn’t take into account the obvious effect that being traded to Nashville would have on a fundraiser that is contingent on a local sportsman’s presence and celebrity.

If Habs media characters were civilized and independent thinkers they’d praise him for continuing his pledge despite being tossed to Nashville, and praise his commitment and offer to use their platform to support to push it over the line.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Your correct I only looked at his points with Montreal last and forgot to look at his Colorado points. The way he is playing he will pass that in a week.
Had it not been for the brilliance of my cockatoo doing the math,might have missed it too,She does all our books but I thinks she's skimming a little off the top though,no one spends that much on bird feed in a year!!! lol.

Reactions: red devil

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Well, end of the day, he was in the NHL...

That said, I forget what game it was but there was a sequence where he was chasing an opposing puck carrier and man, it was quite brutal to watch. Even though the whole thing took just seconds, it looked like I was watching King skate 10 minutes there.
Are you sure you weren't just watching in slow mo? lol.

• Haha
Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't disagree with you at all. That said, maybe Vegas' management were more forceful in getting him to "be with the boys" or something. Or, maybe he just loves Vegas more?

I just don't think Weber wasn't "not committed" to the Habs. He probably could had hung out with the team more but at the same time, having the team crater like that first half of the year, no Carey around, Richardson gone and a potato as a coach, I can't say I blame him LOL!

Only a true piece of shit would find a way to be negative that PK gave 6.3 million to childrens hospital.
Money and TIME. His heart and soul goes into this. Yeah, only a piece of trash of a human being would constantly try to find negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad