Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
lucic.gif

cropped_lucic.gif
I've always felt this ended up being his breaking point. For a guy so obsessed with machismo, to lose his cool, break down and sob openly during an interview must have destroyed him.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I've always felt this ended up being his breaking point. For a guy so obsessed with machismo, to lose his cool, break down and sob openly during an interview must have destroyed him.

I thought injuries made him slower.. but he didn't miss much all career long and that's kinda surprising considering how he plays (or used to)

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'd make Dwight King look like Usain Bolt,lol.
Well, end of the day, he was in the NHL...

That said, I forget what game it was but there was a sequence where he was chasing an opposing puck carrier and man, it was quite brutal to watch. Even though the whole thing took just seconds, it looked like I was watching King skate 10 minutes there.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Pacioretty non contact injury

Added Brind'Amour quote from after the game

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That’s awful for Pacioretty. Hope it‘s nothing serious but it looks bad.

From the Chara incident to these two achilees injuries.... Pacioretty has had 3 catostrophic injuries that most players will go a whole career without.

Reactions: the

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Subban is on the verge of tears every time he’s back in the Bell Centre

Weber, under contract for 6m last season and still technically captain, avoids his cratering young team like the plague and refuses to visit. The following year he is hunky dory coaching his new team in their training gear.

Some Habs “fans” and media fanboys: Subban is a narcissist and a bad guy, Weber had a special aura.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Subban is on the verge of tears every time he’s back in the Bell Centre

Weber, under contract for 6m last season and still technically captain, avoids his cratering young team like the plague and refuses to visit. The following year he is hunky dory coaching his new team in their training gear.

Some Habs “fans” and media fanboys: Subban is a narcissist and a bad guy, Weber had a special aura.
It rubbed me the wrong way how Weber refused to be around the team.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I dunno… I love PK, but I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Weber on his his caring for the team. He really was innocent through this as he didn‘t ask to be traded either. I’m sure he was loyal to the Habs and loved the guys but it was a job for him, as it is most players. He wasn’t homegrown so I understand he didn’t have the same attachment as PK, drafted and developed by us and grew up as a diehard Habs fan in Leafs Nation.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If only one of the major North American pro leagues would adopt a perpetual draft model that would do away with the insanity of cheering for failure — maybe it might get the other leagues to follow suit.

It’ll never fly, but they can reverse the order where if you miss the playoffs, lottery odds are reversed where the shittiest teams have the worse odds. This would force bad teams to play for something and maybe cut back on the obvious management tactics of gutting a team.

I’d redo the odds a bit though. Maybe instead of giving #16 an 18.5% chance, I’d make it 8.5% and adjust all the odds accordingly.

Shit teams still can win the lottery and pick 1st, but this system would reward teams actually trying to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad