Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Daniel Brière has got his hands full with the Flyers... and his kid?

Am I the only one who thinks it's really, really dumb but not that heinous? Maybe they thought someone brought it as a prop or a joke for the party. They should definitely apologize and compensate the woman financially ++(these chairs are expensive). The outrage suprises me, not sure we would hear about it if he wasnt the son of a NHL player. But yeah they look like absolute meatheads.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You should really be comparing Dvorak to KK it isn't any prettier.

Except KK will always be compared to Tkachuk who we passed over. That was always the issue. Kid was never going to get his due here as all anyone would hear/say is: yeah, but we could have had Tkachuk.

Reactions: Rapala

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Am I the only one who thinks it's really, really dumb but not that heinous? Maybe they thought someone brought it as a prop or a joke for the party. They should definitely apologize and compensate the woman financially ++(these chairs are expensive). The outrage suprises me, not sure we would hear about it if he wasnt the son of a NHL player. But yeah they look like absolute meatheads.

That's what I thought too actually. I mean, it was stupid to throw it down the stairs because someone has to clean it up & it's a hazard, but that doesn't necessarily mean they knew it was someone's actual chair.

It was childish & dumb, but not necessarily malice. Apologize. Pay for the chair.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think TO is gonna win the cup this year (vomit emoji)

- COL: injured
- Bolts: a shadow of themselves
- BOS: Presidents trophy curse and play is starting to dip
- Canes: Lost Svech
- Devils: Smol and not built for the playoff grind
- Oilers: Can't play D
- The West: lol

Trust me I hope I'm wrong but it seems everything is lining up for them after loading up at deadline.

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick

Trust me I hope I'm wrong but it seems everything is lining up for them after loading up at deadline.

The core 4 are marshmallows.

Reactions: Kimota

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
why in the world would someone bring a real wheelchair as a prop to a college frat party, then leave it unattended at the top of a flight of stairs? a normal person's first thought should be "hmm, maybe someone's using this".

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

His anxiety affected his game, and that’s a mental health issue, but it’s pretty dumb to think that weight won’t be talked about in professional sports. It’s a major factor in speed, strength, etc.

Good for him for finding his peace, but there’s no need to make a campaign out of it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

You forgot that these guys are still going to the bath houses.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
His anxiety affected his game, and that’s a mental health issue, but it’s pretty dumb to think that weight won’t be talked about in professional sports. It’s a major factor in speed, strength, etc.

Good for him for finding his peace, but there’s no need to make a campaign out of it.
It's one post explaining his situation, where's the campaign?

Reactions: quarter450

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

That injured Colorado team limited the Leaf's mighty offense to only 19 shots in what resembled a playoff-type of game. The big 4 had no time and space to create chances and don't forget that the whistles don't come out as easily in playoff hockey. The only way they will advance against Tampa is if their bottom 6 gets them through it. I say that because the "big guns" tend to shy away from the rough tight checking hockey.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I had one teammate back when I was playing football in college who would systematically throw up before every game, without fail. About 45 minutes before we had to go, all the blood would suddenly drain from his face and he'd get super nauseous and have to run to the bathroom. Nerves can really do a number on some guys.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver

I think tampa is just bored of regular season. Its just too regular for them. Toronto's problem is that their core members are not ready for the type of hockey that is played in the pllayoffs. Less calls, less space more hits. First round is quite tough. Also, Toronto would need their goalie to go on a hot streak at the right time.

Reactions: GrandBison

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
It's happening more often with these kids,a couple of days ago they beat the crap out of an autistic kid in New York and they arrested a 14 year old,but catch and release is working right ?basic disregard for your fellow human being is what it boils down to.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeeto

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
why in the world would someone bring a real wheelchair as a prop to a college frat party, then leave it unattended at the top of a flight of stairs? a normal person's first thought should be "hmm, maybe someone's using this".
Normally, anyone needing a wheelchair would be sitting in the wheelchair. The kids damaged the chair, which was childish and dumb, but their action was not directed at a handicapped person who was nowhere to be seen. Could they have done the math, looked around, asked if anyone knew who the chair belonged to? Yes. Instead, they acted impulsively and should be punished for property damage, along with a lesson in using their brains. But they didn't target anyone nor act with malicious intent towards anyone. I get the anger; I don't get the moral outrage.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Normally, anyone needing a wheelchair would be sitting in the wheelchair. The kids damaged the chair, which was childish and dumb, but their action was not directed at a handicapped person who was nowhere to be seen. Could they have done the math, looked around, asked if anyone knew who the chair belonged to? Yes. Instead, they acted impulsively and should be punished for property damage, along with a lesson in using their brains. But they didn't target anyone nor act with malicious intent towards anyone. I get the anger; I don't get the moral outrage.
Hockey fans and hockey media culture has been extremely quick to react to things. From calling 911 after a bad hit to demanding the expulsion of Alexander Ovechkin, there is no nuance or 'chill' in the online hockey fan.

Reactions: Lshap

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I had one teammate back when I was playing football in college who would systematically throw up before every game, without fail. About 45 minutes before we had to go, all the blood would suddenly drain from his face and he'd get super nauseous and have to run to the bathroom. Nerves can really do a number on some guys.
Growing up, I had a buddy that would get the poop runs before we would go out to party. Everytime. He'd get so excited to party, he'd get diarrheia.

• Haha
Reactions: Mrb1p and ReHabs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

The West is better than the East imo. The Eastern teams have spewed up a lot of garbage play in the 2nd half & only have 3 really solid teams: Boston, Toronto, Carolina, who have played consistently well this season. NJD, NYR & TB have all had periods where they have truly sucked.

The rest of the East ranges from mediocre to awful, who the top teams have beat on repeatedly inflating their point totals.

Every team in the Western playoffs is at least equal to or better than the NYRs. Nashville & Calgary who will miss playoffs in West, are better than either of the 2 Eastern WC teams.

Colorado will be healthy by playoffs. I think Stanley Cup stays in West.

Reactions: LV426
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad