Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You could see dadonov turn a corner even in Montreal from an offensive standpoint. He went from being useless to a guy that could make a play every now and then.

I still think he's a major liability defensively, and so is the guy he got traded for.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee and the

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Had plenty of assets, picks and prospects to bolster their roster and did nothing.

Sucks to suck.,
7eikhi.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just now realized how big the Oilers are.

6'2-6'1-6'1
6'-6'2-5'9
6'2-6'6-6'1
6'1-6'2-6'2

6'4-6'2
6'4-6'3
6'1-6'7

6'4
6'3

Two players under 6', three under 6'1. They have assembled the tallest team in the league and 3rd heaviest as per EP. If the goaltending holds, I think they'll come out of the west pretty easily.

LA tried to stop Edmonton last year and lost, even with Quick pulling miracles, this year they don't have Quick and Kopitar has noticeably slowed down. Though the kids are alright right now, Byfield, Vilardi, Fiala and Durzi are all leaders on the team now.

All the teams out west, save for Dallas and Winnipeg pretty much all have goaltending problems, so its not much of a problem for Edmonton, I think. Tempted to put money on them for the cup.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

6'2-6'1-6'1
6'-6'2-5'9
6'2-6'6-6'1
6'1-6'2-6'2

6'4-6'2
6'4-6'3
6'1-6'7

6'4
6'3

Two players under 6', three under 6'1. They have assembled the tallest team in the league and 3rd heaviest as per EP. If the goaltending holds, I think they'll come out of the west pretty easily.

LA tried to stop Edmonton last year and lost, even with Quick pulling miracles, this year they don't have Quick and Kopitar has noticeably slowed down. Though the kids are alright right now, Byfield, Vilardi, Fiala and Durzi are all leaders on the team now.

All the teams out west, save for Dallas and Winnipeg pretty much all have goaltending problems, so its not much of a problem for Edmonton, I think. Tempted to put money on them for the cup.
nice analysis, although i'm not so sure they'll come out of the West (Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, Minnesota)

in any case it'll be fun to see whether McDavid and Draisaitl can drag that 6'2 team carcass into the 2nd round and beyond :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
nice analysis, although i'm not so sure they'll come out of the West (Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, Minnesota)

in any case it'll be fun to see whether McDavid and Draisaitl can drag that 6'2 team carcass into the 2nd round and beyond :laugh:
I wouldn't call it a carcass anymore. Ekholm changes things. Their top 6 is the best in the league, for obvious reasons, but they also have very good players. RNH, Kane, Hyman and Yamamoto.

It's their bottom six, defense and goaltending that was always suspect. Well, now they've added depth with Kostin, Bjugstad, Janmark, Foegele and Ryan. Guys that can grind and score. Not exactly world beaters, but when you have the ice taken care of for 50 minutes a game by your top 6, you don't need that much of a bottom 6. At least they can provide energy, disrupt and potentially not get completely outmatched. Especially the third line, Janmark is a very good addition, he played a similar role to Lekhy for Vegas.

Ekholm gives them the stabilizing presence they needed IMO. They basically swapped Barrie for Ekholm, that can't be bad. Also not having Koskinen is already a plus.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

6'2-6'1-6'1
6'-6'2-5'9
6'2-6'6-6'1
6'1-6'2-6'2

6'4-6'2
6'4-6'3
6'1-6'7

6'4
6'3

As if they're winning games because they're big and tall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad