Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
No shit, the so-called old fart is putting up some great numbers!

I mean he's having better numbers than their de facto #1 Luukkonen...
That doesn't matter in the slightest IMO.. It isn't rational to build what you think (at least I hope thy do) an up and coming team needing to aim higher. Tome it sends another message entirely. Which one I'm not honestly sure, but none are very flattering.
Always like the Sabres, think it peaked arond 05-07 for me enjoying that crazy ass team. IThoe two playoff series agains OTT. I mean those were memorable and some of the best hockey I've ever seen. (entertainment-wise).

t been Maggie as the top level exe since that time or close to at least.

"We have no idea what we're doing but we are really srious aobut this job." Maybe that is their message to the fans.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That doesn't matter in the slightest IMO.. It isn't rational to build what you think (at least I hope thy do) an up and coming team needing to aim higher. Tome it sends another message entirely. Which one I'm not honestly sure, but none are very flattering.
Always like the Sabres, think it peaked arond 05-07 for me enjoying that crazy ass team. IThoe two playoff series agains OTT. I mean those were memorable and some of the best hockey I've ever seen. (entertainment-wise).

t been Maggie as the top level exe since that time or close to at least.

"We have no idea what we're doing but we are really srious aobut this job." Maybe that is their message to the fans.
Buffalo is on the rise for sure, they just have to not f*** it up this time around! :laugh:

Give Power some time and they will have one of the best D duo in the league!

Reactions: GoodKiwi

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Buffalo is on the rise for sure, they just have to not f*** it up this time around! :laugh:

Give Power some time and they will have one of the best D duo in the league!
Yeah, just like a blind man would eventually find his way out of a maze - probabilities and some timely "luck" eventually came into play. :laugh:

Surely feel that ways anyhow. But your point is still relevant IMO - the blind dude is still a risk to turn around and go back into the tunnels deep.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, just like a blind man would eventually find his way out of a maze - probabilities and some timely "luck" eventually came into play. :laugh:

Surely feel that ways anyhow. But your point is still relevant IMO - the blind dude is still a risk to turn around and go back into the tunnels deep.
That organization's been wandering in that dark tunnels for 10 years! Time to seek light...

Thompson is their building block! Imagine if he wouldn't explode like this all of a sudden...

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Even Thomson would not have been enough to bring the jets back, if a larger American market had their ducks in order at the time. Cities like Houston, Seattle, Vegas etc. simply did not have all the ingredients ready at that particular time, or else Winnipeg would still be teamless.

It all came down to perfect timing for Winnipeg to come back.
Do not underestimate the independent wealth & influence David Thomson hold or that of his Thomson Reuters business.

We’re talking Bezos, Gates, Buffet stratosphere… NHL owners like Jacobs & Anschutz dream of being shoulder to shoulder with them..

If Buffet, Gates or Bezos tell Jacobs tomorrow they want to own an NHL team in Abitibi-Témiscamingue …. there will be an announcement pronto of expansion or moving a team there

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
You have to be looking at a complete rebuild in Philadelphia.

They have a decent prospect pool but need to add some elite talent.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Flames lose to Ducks. Hurts their playoff chances. I remember in preseason their fans on trade board already had Treviling as GM of year. Wonder how they feel now??

I like a Canadian team to get in playoffs. But their fans are so obnoxious, you can't help but chuckle

Reactions: ReHabs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Treliving’s contract also expires at seasons end I believe. Too funny if Dubas ends up as Cgy GM

Jul 6, 2016
Briere the new GM of the Flyers....interesting.

Wonder how long Torts will last.
Ian Laperrrière is their next coach.

Flames lose to Ducks. Hurts their playoff chances. I remember in preseason their fans on trade board already had Treviling as GM of year. Wonder how they feel now??

I like a Canadian team to get in playoffs. But their fans are so obnoxious, you can't help but chuckle
bad GM and bad coach.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not going to lie the last few times I've watched Miller I've liked him.

So far he's been super physical. Hit Stutzle 3 times in 1 shift and then 2 hits on Chychrun on 1 shift.

Kuzmenko scores. 1-0 Nucks

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
The Sens were 7-3-0 in their last 10. This is their Stanley cup. Their rebuild was for this 10 games stretch. It's over already. Time to rebuild again

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Not going to lie the last few times I've watched Miller I've liked him.

So far he's been super physical. Hit Stutzle 3 times in 1 shift and then 2 hits on Chychrun on 1 shift.

Kuzmenko scores. 1-0 Nucks

The thing with Miller is that he likes to yap at his teammates, but then he'll have times where he's not back checking.

You need to back up the talk if you're going to do that, otherwise the act wears thin.

But yeah, he can be physical, and he is an emotional player. He even dropped the gloves recently.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The thing with Miller is that he likes to yap at his teammates, but then he'll have times where he's not back checking.

You need to back up the talk if you're going to do that, otherwise the act wears thin.
I think he did that yesterday.

Tkachuk started off throwing his weight around like he normally does. Miller responded, like I stated with 3 hits on Stutzle and 2 on Chychrun... in the first. Nucks took control by the looks of it. I went to bed after the 1st and looking at the boxscore, no more hits by Miller.

The guy plays in all situations.
Physical.
Has size at 6'1
Has a nice shot.

Like you said, can call out teammates/be a tool. Might not like being with the Habs when he's in the same spot, maybe worse than Vancouver is in.

Given where the Habs are at and likely to be next season, they should just pass on him, but if the Habs were further along in the rebuild/retool I'd be hoping they're going after him hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad