Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Reactions: Fenris

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Québec City won't get a team, unless Ottawa moves. People need to get that out of the system.

I do think Atlanta will get another shot at this. Big market again.

Houston is a gimme. One of the biggest markets in North America. But I would think that Zona will be moving there next.

Now, I don't believe in expansion. I believe in moving franchises to these markets. Florida is a prime candidate over the next 5-10 years.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Québec City won't get a team, unless Ottawa moves. People need to get that out of the system.

Houston is a gimme. One of the biggest markets in North America. But I would think that Zona will be moving there next.

I don't think Quebec City will ever get a team either. I thought Portland would get one, but trying Atlanta once again makes sense from a business POV. Financially, it doesn't make sense to go back to Quebec. The market is already saturated. They watch hockey, they buy merchandise and Molson will never allow any competition within the province. I don't think the league wants another franchise that can't attract UFAs or lucrative US TV contracts.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Now, I don't believe in expansion. I believe in moving franchises to these markets. Florida is a prime candidate over the next 5-10 years.

QC can get a team but it has to be a perfect storm the same way it worked out for the jets.

If a team need a move, and no other bigger American market is ready to put in a proper bid, it can happen. It will be a right place at the right time kind of thing though, so it's going to be tough.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Atlanta a good destination? They failed twice ...
I feel the league did a poor job marketing the game in Atlanta. Even if hockey may be considered a niche sport, the game should still be able to strive in such a huge market. I find it mind boggling that a hockey team couldn’t establish itself in Atlanta.

I remember them having decent attendance also but the ownership group of the Thrashers were awful. They only cared about the Hawks and they were trying to get rid of the Thrashers.

Bettman wouldn’t have left town this easy if the owners were committed in the team.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Im not too surprise to see Stanley make a boneheaded move. Reminds me of Staal's goal in game 1 where instead of actually trying to block the pass from Perry, Stanley opted to crosscheck him in the face leading to an open tap in for Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad