Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Shane Wright could be the Seth Jones of the 2022 draft.

Didn't wow at interviews due to not having the most charismatic personality, and so he dropped to 4. But went on to be a really good NHLer.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Shane Wright could be the Seth Jones of the 2022 draft.

Didn't wow at interviews due to not having the most charismatic personality, and so he dropped to 4. But went on to be a really good NHLer.
Wright’s career is going to be interesting to watch. I’d have drafted him but his attitude rubbed me the wrong way afterwards.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
QC can get a team but it has to be a perfect storm the same way it worked out for the jets.

If a team need a move, and no other bigger American market is ready to put in a proper bid, it can happen. It will be a right place at the right time kind of thing though, so it's going to be tough.
Unless Desmarais buys the team no chance in hell QC ever get a team, Jets only got the team because of David Thomson…

If Ted Turner decides to he wants to own a hockey team outright, Atlanta will get a team, especially with TNT contract w NHL

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Unless Desmarais buys the team no chance in hell QC ever get a team, Jets only got the team because of David Thomson…

If Ted Turner decides to he wants to own a hockey team outright, Atlanta will get a team, especially with TNT contract w NHL

Yeah, TV and corporate money is the driver here and QC doesn’t hold a candle to either potential expansion team.

No doubt the regional fanbase will be hardcore, but I don’t think the NHL cares.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
God damn! Dadonov’s team just gave an ass-kicking that Buffalo will remember for a long…long time.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Nurse GWG with 4 minutes left was weak AF

The Oilers will take it I guess.

Sabres are cooked their back 2 back losses by 1 goal broke them. They are out.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Even Thomson would not have been enough to bring the jets back, if a larger American market had their ducks in order at the time. Cities like Houston, Seattle, Vegas etc. simply did not have all the ingredients ready at that particular time, or else Winnipeg would still be teamless.

It all came down to perfect timing for Winnipeg to come back.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm still confused why the Sabres didn't go for Gavrikov and Korpisalo. You got a huge and skilled top 6 firing on all cylinders with Thompson being a top 10 player in the league but rely on 41 year old Craig Anderson as your starting goalie.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm still confused why the Sabres didn't go for Gavrikov and Korpisalo. You got a huge and skilled top 6 firing on all cylinders with Thompson being a top 10 player in the league but rely on 41 year old Craig Anderson as your starting goalie.
Probably felt they will not make the PO. Great vote of confidence to the entire group :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I think it's simple really. For, whar, a decade now and quite possibly more the ownership and top level executives have been usint one trick they're fond of to determine their position on on and off the ice events and priorities.

They have Maggie The Monkey spin a wheel of fortune and stick to whatever fate that decided on. This turbulence and even chaos can't be explained in any logical manner. IT must the Maggie at the wheel. It must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad