Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
why in the world would someone bring a real wheelchair as a prop to a college frat party, then leave it unattended at the top of a flight of stairs? a normal person's first thought should be "hmm, maybe someone's using this".

No one thinks normally while drinking. Rationality & fear of consequences get thrown out the window. Things seem funny that don't in the morning. You don't have to be dead drink to feel that way.

Just that feeling good, let's party feeling.

Alcohol & rational thought don't mix.

The kid seems like a douche in any case.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The West is better than the East imo. The Eastern teams have spewed up a lot of garbage play in the 2nd half & only have 3 really solid teams: Boston, Toronto, Carolina, who have played consistently well this season. NJD, NYR & TB have all had periods where they have truly sucked.

The rest of the East ranges from mediocre to awful, who the top teams have beat on repeatedly inflating their point totals.

Every team in the Western playoffs is at least equal to or better than the NYRs. Nashville & Calgary who will miss playoffs in West, are better than either of the 2 Eastern WC teams.

Colorado will be healthy by playoffs. I think Stanley Cup stays in West.
Hope you are right!

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Growing up, I had a buddy that would get the poop runs before we would go out to party. Everytime. He'd get so excited to party, he'd get diarrheia.
Yeah, nerves can work in weird ways, even if it's for something completely positive that shouldn't be leading to bad stress. Some people are just naturally more sensitive to it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I think tampa is just bored of regular season. Its just too regular for them. Toronto's problem is that their core members are not ready for the type of hockey that is played in the pllayoffs. Less calls, less space more hits. First round is quite tough. Also, Toronto would need their goalie to go on a hot streak at the right time.
This. Tampa is still the team to beat. And BriseBois was getting Jeannot for the playoffs, not regular season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

He was generally known for strong starts to season then getting worse as season went on. This would explain it. I can't imagine how much weight he was losing while playing if he wasn't eating. NHL hockey is a crazy tough workout.

Hopefully he's in a better place now mentally.

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think tampa is just bored of regular season. Its just too regular for them. Toronto's problem is that their core members are not ready for the type of hockey that is played in the pllayoffs. Less calls, less space more hits. First round is quite tough. Also, Toronto would need their goalie to go on a hot streak at the right time.

I think you are partly right about tampa maybe having a motivation issue, but I think it goes even deeper.

They have gone to three straight finals. That's alot of wear and tear with short offseasons. You can only climb that mountain so many times.

We saw it almost cost them last year, as it took them quite a while to get their engine running. They barely got by the leafs after a slow start to their playoffs.

I'd typically be weary of playing a roster like tampa's, but they've played so much hockey now that I wouldn't be as afraid as say a couple years ago.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
No one thinks normally while drinking. Rationality & fear of consequences get thrown out the window. Things seem funny that don't in the morning. You don't have to be dead drink to feel that way.

I actually disagree, there's two kinds of people out there. Those who can keep it together while drinking, and those who can't. In any case, agree with you on the last part :laugh:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I had one teammate back when I was playing football in college who would systematically throw up before every game, without fail. About 45 minutes before we had to go, all the blood would suddenly drain from his face and he'd get super nauseous and have to run to the bathroom. Nerves can really do a number on some guys.
I think it was Glenn Hall who did the same.

His entire career. Or at least most of it

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I think you are partly right about tampa maybe having a motivation issue, but I think it goes even deeper.

They have gone to three straight finals. That's alot of wear and tear with short offseasons. You can only climb that mountain so many times.

We saw it almost cost them last year, as it took them quite a while to get their engine running. They barely got by the leafs after a slow start to their playoffs.

I'd typically be weary of playing a roster like tampa's, but they've played so much hockey now that I wouldn't be as afraid as say a couple years ago.
But is it motivation, fatigue or only managing intensity?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

I respectfully disagree with most of this. He's a douche alright but he's not even a kid. He's 23 and will be 24 in a few months. Most people are making a living and many are supporting a family at that age.

Also replacing a wheelchair isn't as simple as cutting a cheque and sending someone to Walmart. If it was damaged, the young female amputee may not have a means to move around for several days and it may be weeks before she can get her hands on one that's suitable to her needs. Not to mention the hoops of going through insurance.

I partied a lot and did a lot of stupid things when I was younger but doing something to affect someone with a disability was off limits. Also he's 23 and should be well beyond destroying another person's property for shits and giggles and/or using drunkenness as an excuse.

Like seriously, it was someone's wheelchair at the top of a flight of stairs. It wasn't a shopping cart.

In any event, Daniel Briere was on Jeff Marek's podcast today and of course Marek didn't ask anything about Daniel's son.

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It is quite humorous that Rielly had a career year as he was hitting UFA and regressed back into the 40-point Kaberle-esque player he's always been afterwards. This is why bridge deals suck. Players are never worth a 7-8 year deal at 26-27 years old.

Reactions: Mrb1p

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What are the odds that the Canes trade for Debrincat? Can't see the Sens signing him, they need to go all in for Saros.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
With McCarron back in the NHL with the Preds, I just have to wonder how great would it have been had He turned into a Tage Thompson for the Habs. Both are listed at 6-6 with McCarron being a little heavier 232 vs 220 lbs. Both are late 1st rounders 2013 25th overall vs 2016 26th overall.

Ahh but alas we never seem to have that luck in Montreal.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad