Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Oilers were gifted the 1OA 4 times in 6 years. That's unreal luck and they still stink.
When you trade Taylor Hall for a tinkertoy it’s going to mess you up. Nurse makes a billion a year :laugh:. They way that club has been run is just crazy.

Reactions: LV426

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
New York Rangers already with 6 goals in the 1st period. What’s going on in the NHL this week? Lol

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Bedard scores his 70 th goal of the season.
iron-man-i-want.gif

Reactions: Prairie Habs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
How is it Ottawa has so many stud players and still hasn't put it together?

We're so parched for skill and talent, if the Habs had a player like Tim Stützle I think I'd cry.

Reactions: jaffy27 and MadMslm

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

We're so parched for skill and talent, if the Habs had a player like Tim Stützle I think I'd cry.

They've had their opportunities this year, and choked really hard once they got close to the spot, including an ass kicking from chicago.

Losing a key peice down the middle for a long period was also tough for them.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
As I predicted Laf is back to his invisible self and on pace for under 40 points again. Breakout my ass. How many years of 30 points is going to take before people on this forum stop hyping him up and declaring he is breaking out and untouchable after ten good, not great, games?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Because I don't think Pierre Dorion has any clue when it comes to assembling a cohesive team...he's a good talent evaluator but just accumulating a bunch of talented players, does not make a team.

The Chychrun trade is a good example...in a vacuum, great trade.

Given the makeup of their team, he's redundant.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
As I predicted Laf is back to his invisible self and on pace for under 40 points again. Breakout my ass. How many years of 30 points is going to take before people on this forum stop hyping him up and declaring he is breaking out and untouchable after ten good, not great, games?
Did Habs fans throw in the towel on Galchenyuk or Kotkaniemi after 2.5 seasons.... or Drouin after 5 seasons? There were still holdouts coming into this year! Going back in time, Kostitsyn had Old Believers until his last season in the NHL.

It's unlikely to expect anyone to throw in the towel on Laf until he's out of the league. I'm rooting for his success and breakout.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Did Habs fans throw in the towel on Galchenyuk or Kotkaniemi after 2.5 seasons.... or Drouin after 5 seasons? There were still holdouts coming into this year! Going back in time, Kostitsyn had Old Believers until his last season in the NHL.

It's unlikely to expect anyone to throw in the towel on Laf until he's out of the league. I'm rooting for his success and breakout.
It is normal that Habs fans would hold out hope for their own players. It is weird and obsessive that they would do it for another teams player and go as far as to say they would trade our best assets for him. Caufield for Laf was last year, Slaf for Laf this year.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Hypothetical parallel universe fantasy:

Who would you guys rather draft:
2004 Ovechkin
2005 Crosby
2015 McDavid
Assume you can turn back the clock on injuries and that the dice on that will simply roll again.

Bonus:
Best forward not drafted 1st.
Best defensemen drafted high (Hedman, Eckblad, Powers, Dahlin, I guess)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hypothetical parallel universe fantasy:

Who would you guys rather draft:
2004 Ovechkin
2005 Crosby
2015 McDavid
Assume you can turn back the clock on injuries and that the dice on that will simply roll again.

Bonus:
Best forward not drafted 1st.
Best defensemen drafted high (Hedman, Eckblad, Powers, Dahlin, I guess)

Crosby
Mcdavid
Ovechkin

if sell all three of my nuts for any of them though.

Crosbys getting insanely underrated. 2012 is still the most impressive 60 minutes player Ive ever seen. Crosby made Dupuid and Kunitz into elite players. Its actually insane how good he was at making his teammates better. Malkin was close to him but always did so with better linemates.

Best forward not drafted 1st has to be Malkin, not really close at all too. Hed slot in at #4 for the era and a good bit better than Kucherov or Draisaitl.

Id say Doughty of 2010-2014 or Hedman of 2018ish.

Really wonder why the league just doesnt mandate the refs call instigator penalities. Would at least penalize fights after clean hits.

What a hit though. I miss Romy.

Reactions: Fenris

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Man that Tanner Jeannot acquisition that many people loved because people assume it would work out is looking worse then I even originally thought.

Edit - I don't care if he scores the GWG in game 3 of the Bolts first round...was still an awful trade lol

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Man that Tanner Jeannot acquisition that many people loved because people assume it would work out is looking worse then I even originally thought.

Edit - I don't care if he scores the GWG in game 3 of the Bolts first round...was still an awful trade lol

Hagel sucked last year and he looks amazing for them this year. So I wouldn't spike the football just yet and I don't think they care too much about what he does in the regular season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hagel sucked last year and he looks amazing for them this year. So I wouldn't spike the football just yet and I don't think they care too much about what he does in the regular season.
Totally different players and if Jeannot has the kind of season Hagel is having this year, next year.

I'll gladly eat crow on that one.

For the time being, that's a whole gang of picks for a glass/board rattler.

One could also argue that the Bolts cost to acquire Hagel was less than Jeannot too.

Nah..i'm spiking this one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad