Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Re: pink glasses.
Whatever that means
Also, they won a cup without Stamkos and without Point.
They also won a Cup without Goodrow and went to a final without Coleman.

But if you want to go there...the top 5 scorers over their 2 Cup runs + Finals run

2019-20

Kucherov
34pts
Point 33 pts
Hedman 22pts
Palat 18pts
Gourde 14pts
(Coleman had 13pts, good for 6th)

2020-21

Kucherov
32pts
Point 23pts
Stamkos 18pts
Hedman 18pts
Killorn 17pts

2021-22

Kucherov
27pts
Palat 21pts
Hedman 19pts
Stamkos 19pts
Perry 11pts

Can we stop with the narrative that they win Cups because of the depth pieces they acquire at the deadline?

I mean Kucherov has 154pts in 136 playoff games on his own, and I haven't even gotten into Vasilevski's playoff contributions.

I promise you that if the Bolts reach the Finals or win the Cup, it's going to be because of the players who keep appearing above and not because of Tanner Jeannot. See the bolded names for the consistent and most common denominators.

The irony here is the guy accusing me of having "pink colored glasses" wants me to buy this narrative that guys like Tanner Jeannot is why the Tampa Bay Lightning have been a successful team. I'm too old for fairytales man.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Zero excuse not to go for Lindholm and Saros/Gibson as well.
We do have location constraints in edmonton. I don't see a player like Lindholm re upping here like he did in Boston.

Oilers have to acquire players that fill a certain niche; under contract for a few years and either the absence of a ntc or willing to waive for edmonton.

Holland has made some mistakes (namely Campbell) but E. Kane and Ekholm were grand slam home run acquisitions. I just hope Skinner can remain adequate.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Whatever that means

But if you want to go there...the top 5 scorers over their 2 Cup runs + Finals run

2019-20

Kucherov
34pts
Point 33 pts
Hedman 22pts
Palat 18pts
Gourde 14pts

2020-21

Kucherov
32pts
Point 23pts
Stamkos 18pts
Hedman 18pts
Killorn 17pts

2021-22

Kucherov
27pts
Palat 21pts
Hedman 19pts
Stamkos 19pts
Perry 11pts

Can we stop with the narrative that they win Cups because of the depth pieces they acquire at the deadline?

I mean Kucherov has 154pts in 136 playoff games on his own, and I haven't even gotten into Vasilevski's playoff contributions.

I promise you that if the Bolts reach the Finals or win the Cup, it's going to be because of the players who keep appearing above and not because of Tanner Jeannot. See the bolded names for the consistent and most common denominators.

The irony here is the guy accusing me of having "pink colored glasses" wants me to buy this narrative that guys like Tanner Jeannot is why the Tampa Bay Lightning have been a successful team. I'm too old for fairytales man.
I dont even know what youre arguing half the time man.

The difference between 2019 and 2020 Bolts is depth, nobody thinks Coleman and whatever were more important.

I find it very funny that you think Anderson is worth something around that package but Jeannot is not, thats why I said pink glasses.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I dont even know what youre arguing half the time man.
Well I've finally figured out what the issue is.

But that's a YOU problem, cause correct me if I'm wrong...I didn't @ you.

I try not to jump into conversations I haven't followed or don't have the capacity to participate in.

So weird...doesn't know what i'm arguing half of the time, but he seeks my posts out to respond to them :laugh:.
The difference between 2019 and 2020 Bolts is depth, nobody thinks Coleman and whatever were more important.
The difference between 2019 and 2020 is Erik Cernak & Jan Rutta lead the Bolts in playoff scoring when they lost vs CBJ. They lost to the Blue Jackets because their best players didn't show up, not because they didn't have enough depth. I mean Vasilevskiy had .856 sv% in 4 losses lol

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.
I find it very funny that you think Anderson is worth something around that package but Jeannot is not, thats why I said pink glasses.
I find it funnier that YOU'RE the one who actually came to that conclusion...I never offered any opinion what Josh Anderson's value is whatsoever.

and I quote you

"Hes basically Anderson if Anderson still played physical and actually defended. Im sure youd say Anderson is worth around that, right"

I never agreed with YOUR conclusion.

Last edited:

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Normally, anyone needing a wheelchair would be sitting in the wheelchair. The kids damaged the chair, which was childish and dumb, but their action was not directed at a handicapped person who was nowhere to be seen. Could they have done the math, looked around, asked if anyone knew who the chair belonged to? Yes. Instead, they acted impulsively and should be punished for property damage, along with a lesson in using their brains. But they didn't target anyone nor act with malicious intent towards anyone. I get the anger; I don't get the moral outrage.

For once, I agree with you.

These are definitely meatheads doing meathead stuff and should be fined, but there's no moral ambiguity here. Just some dumbasses in need of getting their faces punched in.

But it does bring up a good point...someone who needs a wheelchair, generally does not leave that chair...where was this person? Don't these things fold up too? Like why leave it there? That's kind of the worst place to leave a wheelchair, no?

So many questions.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Its fitting that both Washington and Pittsburgh miss playoffs at same time (pitt isnt done yet but they free falling)

Rough times ahead for both franchises
If you're Pitts, would you trade Malkin (if at all even possible)?

I remember some time back, Pitts was mostly just Syd and Malkin, lots of non-Pitts fans were clamouring for them to trade Malkin to fill obvious holes.

Now whether or not they should have done that at the time is left to everyone's imagination. If you're the GM of the team, and you also think you've gone into the team's "twilight" years, do you trade him?

Syd will retire a Penguin, hopefully, and not fizzle out his career with 5 teams in 3 years like a lot of old vets. But Malkin? If hockey is a business...there's got to be some amount of desire to bolster up the cupboards to make the transition smoother...

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
He has repeatedly made wrong moves and the Penguins are going to miss the playoffs
He just tried to have a team around the same age with contract that expiries around the same time. That looks like someone planning a rebuild once Crosby's contract is done and currently he's just doing move to please his bosses.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He just tried to have a team around the same age with contract that expiries around the same time. That looks like someone planning a rebuild once Crosby's contract is done and currently he's just doing move to please his bosses.
Trading for Petry and giving up on a good young D like John Marino are looking worse and worse. The coach needed replacing a few seasons ago as well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Whatever that means

2019-20

Kucherov
34pts
Point 33 pts
Hedman 22pts
Palat 18pts
Gourde 14pts

2020-21

Kucherov
32pts
Point 23pts
Stamkos 18pts
Hedman 18pts
Killorn 17pts

2021-22

Kucherov
27pts
Palat 21pts
Hedman 19pts
Stamkos 19pts
Perry 11pts

Sorry but depth around the top end players matters. If Tampa had poor depth, Habs had a real shot at beating them in the cup finals. That 3rd line killed us and our PK contained their deadly PP.

Teams like the Leafs and Oilers have had trouble with depth and getting to final 4 or cup finals. Sometimes, it's not the goals you score, it's the ones you prevent. Good depth gets you in a situation where the teams has more confidence in terms of not allowing weak goals when your stars are not on the ice.

Trading for Petry and giving up on a good young D like John Marino are looking worse and worse. The coach needed replacing a few seasons ago as well.

It's sad to see the Pens over the last few seasons. I'm a huge Crosby fan but that team severely lacks young talent. Bruins have done a much better job at adding the right pieces around their core.

I'm pretty sure they regret the Petry trade. Matheson is just as good and younger. Petry's best days are behind him. And they thought they were getting a good bottom 2C in Poehling who could improve :facepalm:.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Me too,but I hate everybody,just the ranking alternates.lol
I remember in the 93 playoffs every goal he gave up he would scream at the refs.

I’d be onboard with that. It’s totally stupid. If you don’t want to get hit, keep your head up.
I guess the plan is to outlaw hitting. The league is not protecting players who play within the rules. I say a major for instigating and a game misconduct would stop the BS.

• Wow
Reactions: rik schau

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I remember in the 93 playoffs every goal he gave up he would scream at the refs.

I guess the plan is to outlaw hitting. The league is not protecting players who play within the rules. I say a major for instigating and a game misconduct would stop the BS.
So ''stable'' is not a word used in association with him them,unless perhaps he's kept in one?lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Pens are old and they keep making moves to make them older. They have 63M of cap committed to 15 guys next year. 51.5M of it is to going to 12 guys on the wrong side of 30. Of that 30M is to guys on the wrong side of 35.

The prospect pick cupboard is not exactly overflowing either.

Reactions: Tyson

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sorry but depth around the top end players matters. If Tampa had poor depth, Habs had a real shot at beating them in the cup finals. That 3rd line killed us and our PK contained their deadly PP.
No one said it doesn't...but like you said, "depth around top end players".

This isn't a chicken or egg debate.

As was discussed earlier, the Bolts best players didn't show up vs Columbus in 2019 and they lost, badly. Their depth players DID show up though, but they'll never enough on their own.

So back to the original point...guys like Jeannot stand out when the best players are bringing it. He's not going to carry the Bolts on his own.
Teams like the Leafs and Oilers have had trouble with depth and getting to final 4 or cup finals. Sometimes, it's not the goals you score, it's the ones you prevent. Good depth gets you in a situation where the teams has more confidence in terms of not allowing weak goals when your stars are not on the ice.
Oilers and Leafs have had trouble in the playoffs for various reasons, boiling it down to lack of depth is over-simplifying things.

When the Habs beat the Leafs in the playoffs, they beat them because Auston Matthews and Marner didn't do shit.

Reactions: Goalfield13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad