Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Totally different players and if Jeannot has the kind of season Hagel is having this year, next year.

I'll gladly eat crow on that one.

For the time being, that's a whole gang of picks for a glass/board rattler.

One could also argue that the Bolts cost to acquire Hagel was less than Jeannot too.

Nah..i'm spiking this one lol
What happened to preaching patience and letting things develop? Does that work only when you got the pink glasses on?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How do the Habs not draft him in 2020? Played at Carleton Place, which is in Timmins’ neck of the woods. He’s a local boy. Went in the 7th round. Stars seem aligned for him to be on their radar.

Levi is 6'0. Timmins was always drafting really tall goalies, with no skill recently.

He did draft Halak though. Is there an other sub 6'1 goalie in the league aside from Halak?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What happened to preaching patience and letting things develop? Does that work only when you got the pink glasses on?
You realize who were talking about here right?

Tanner Jeannot...not an 18 years old 1st overall pick.

Nevermind that the topic was the cost to acquiring Jeannot.

A for Effort though

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You realize who were talking about here right?

Tanner Jeannot...not an 18 years old 1st overall pick.

Nevermind that the topic was the cost to acquiring Jeannot.

A for Effort though
A guy in his 2nd season ? They didnt acquire him to produce, they acquired the sand paper.

Reactions: Wats

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A guy in his 2nd season ? They didnt acquire him to produce, they acquired the sand paper.
He's an undrafted 25 year old bottom 6 player. Who for one season, carried an unsustainable shooting % that's now obviously come back to the norm.

What do you think is going to happen here?

And once again, the discussion was less about the player, and more about the cost to acquire the player.

5 draft picks for some sandpaper? Aight then lol

If you're going to interject and be fresh...at least come with it.

Otherwise it might be time to let gothis silly grudge you got lol

Reactions: Morgoth

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's an undrafted 25 year old bottom 6 player. Who for one season, carried an unsustainable shooting % that's now obviously come back to the norm.

What do you think is going to happen here?

And once again, the discussion was less about the player, and more about the cost to acquire the player.

5 draft picks for some sandpaper? Aight then lol

If you're going to interject and be fresh...at least come with it.

Otherwise it might be time to let gothis silly grudge you got lol
Their goal is to win cups man.

Reactions: GrandBison and 417

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
How is it Ottawa has so many stud players and still hasn't put it together?

We're so parched for skill and talent, if the Habs had a player like Tim Stützle I think I'd cry.
They need a goalie and need to pay for it. Cam Talbot is old (35 yo), at his age, he should be considered as backup goalie.
Anton Forsberg, 30 years old, still backup goalie.
I mean, instead of giving that package to Chychrun, why not giving it for Carter Hart? It’s only an exemple. But, at that point, Dorion need to know where are those weakness on his team.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
What I've always found striking is that since his run with the Habs, Halak has only played 18 playoff games since.
Stupid Barrett Jackman had to ruin everything in 2012. The Blues were ready for a deep playoff run. Halak was on his way to a shutout in game 2 until Jackman crashed into him.

The following season he got injured before the playoffs. Tension started to rise when he got into an argument with Hitchcock who refused to play him once he got healthy.

That timeframe was his prime but injuries prevented him from playing any serious amount of games.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Stupid Barrett Jackman had to ruin everything in 2012. The Blues were ready for a deep playoff run. Halak was on his way to a shutout in game 2 until Jackman crashed into him.

The following season he got injured before the playoffs. Tension started to rise when he got into an argument with Hitchcock who refused to play him once he got healthy.

That timeframe was his prime but injuries prevented him from playing any serious amount of games.
I mean regardless Halak always collapsed after the 40-50 game mark. He never had good enough conditioning to be a 65+ game work horse.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Man that Tanner Jeannot acquisition that many people loved because people assume it would work out is looking worse then I even originally thought.

Edit - I don't care if he scores the GWG in game 3 of the Bolts first round...was still an awful trade lol
They got 3 pts and no goals out of Goodrow AND Coleman in 2020 in regular season. I'm not worried for them.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They got 3 pts and no goals out of Goodrow AND Coleman in 2020 in regular season. I'm not worried for them.
Yeah i'm not worried for them, I just have trouble understanding how anyone can argue this trade was worth it value wise. I mean I get it...win the Cup but does anyone seriously believe if the Tampa Bay Lightning win the Cup it's going to be because of Tanner Jeannot?

That's like believing they won back to back Cups because they traded for Coleman & Goodrow.

But let's forget all of that for a second...just consider the cost of acquisition below

Blake Coleman: Conditional 2020 or 2021 1st round pick + Nolan Foote

Barclay Goodrow: 2020 1st round pick + Anthony Greco (Lightning also received a 3rd round pick back along with Goodrow)

Tanner Jeannot: 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected) + 2024 2nd round pick + 3rd round pick in 2023 + 4th round pick in 2023 + 5th round pick in 2023

The Predators took advantage of a team looking to make an addition, while having little leverage.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah i'm not worried for them, I just have trouble understanding how anyone can argue this trade was worth it value wise. I mean I get it...win the Cup but does anyone seriously believe if the Tampa Bay Lightning win the Cup it's going to be because of Tanner Jeannot?

That's like believing they won back to back Cups because they traded for Coleman & Goodrow.

But let's forget all of that for a second...just consider the cost of acquisition below

Blake Coleman: Conditional 2020 or 2021 1st round pick + Nolan Foote

Barclay Goodrow: 2020 1st round pick + Anthony Greco (Lightning also received a 3rd round pick back along with Goodrow)

Tanner Jeannot: 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected) + 2024 2nd round pick + 3rd round pick in 2023 + 4th round pick in 2023 + 5th round pick in 2023

The Predators took advantage of a team looking to make an addition, while having little leverage.
Coleman and goodrow were both 29 when acquired and Coleman was paid 2m.

Jeannot is 25, paid 800k and a RFA.

As a whole, they're not worth the same thing.

It is a steep price, but it is a move that makes sense for them. They have everything youd want in a team, thats what they needed.

Reactions: GrandBison

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Coleman and goodrow were both 29 when acquired and Coleman was paid 2m.

Jeannot is 25, paid 800k and a RFA.

As a whole, they're not worth the same thing.

It is a steep price, but it is a move that makes sense for them. They have everything youd want in a team, thats what they needed.
Steep price is an understatement.

To me it's over-valuing the grit element...the Bolts are going to go as far as their best players take them.

Of course, that doesn't mean that Jeannot can't or won't contribute with some timely goals or provide some physicality in the playoffs when games slow down and intensity picks up.

Again, I get all that.

But the cost they paid just makes it seem like they would have paid anything and intangibles be damned, Jeannot ain't that guy. This just seems like JB was desperate to re-create a type of trade.

They could have taken Pezzetta for the same effect for a fraction of the cost :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Steep price is an understatement.

To me it's over-valuing the grit element...the Bolts are going to go as far as their best players take them.

Of course, that doesn't mean that Jeannot can't or won't contribute with some timely goals or provide some physicality in the playoffs when games slow down and intensity picks up.

Again, I get all that.

But the cost they paid just makes it seem like they would have paid anything and intangibles be damned, Jeannot ain't that guy. This just seems like JB was desperate to re-create a type of trade.

They could have taken Pezzetta for the same effect for a fraction of the cost :laugh:
Well if you think Pezz and Jeannot, sure. Also, theyve tried the "best player " thing and got wrecked by the Blue Jackets, of all teams.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well if you think Pezz and Jeannot, sure.
Well I was kidding...somewhat.

But when you break it down, its probably not far off lol
Also, theyve tried the "best player " thing and got wrecked by the Blue Jackets, of all teams.
You can't seriously believe that...they've won back to back Stanley Cups and went to a 3rd straight finals because of Kucherov, Point, Stamkov, Hedman, Sergachev, Vasi.

These are the constants...

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

You can't seriously believe that...they've won back to back Stanley Cups and went to a 3rd straight finals because of Kucherov, Point, Stamkov, Hedman, Sergachev, Vasi.

But that's the point: not wasting their prime and go for grit with your picks to help them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

They went there because they learned to grind long playoffs. Same reason why the Leafs wont ever win. Depth wins cups.

And no Jeannot and Pezz arent "not far off", thats actually insane, lol.

Jeannot, despite average bottom 6 production, is still a good play driver and defensive forward, plus hes a typical grind deez guys type of guy and he can fight.

Hes basically Anderson if Anderson still played physical and actually defended. Im sure youd say Anderson is worth around that, right

Reactions: GrandBison

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
But that's the point: not wasting their prime and go for grit with your picks to help them.
Well there's nothing they could or couldn't do to "waste their prime".

They've all been super successful, if they never win again they'll have been more successful then most.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They went there because they learned to grind long playoffs. Same reason why the Leafs wont ever win. Depth wins cups.
Depth wins Cups.... as long as star players do their thing.

Unless you think the Bolts win back to back Cups without Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Hedman, etc.
And no Jeannot and Pezz arent "not far off", thats actually insane, lol.
If were basing it off this season...I don't think that's insane.

Not when you measure it against the cost of acquisition, but again, I was kidding more than anything.

Of course, Jeannot > Pezz...but he's not 5 picks better.

If that's insane, then so be it.
Jeannot, despite average bottom 6 production, is still a good play driver and defensive forward, plus hes a typical grind deez guys type of guy and he can fight.

Hes basically Anderson if Anderson still played physical and actually defended. Im sure youd say Anderson is worth around that, right
Guess we're both insane lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Depth wins Cups.... as long as star players do their thing.

Unless you think the Bolts win back to back Cups without Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Hedman, etc.

If were basing it off this season...I don't think that's insane.

Not when you measure it against the cost of acquisition, but again, I was kidding more than anything.

Of course, Jeannot > Pezz...but he's not 5 picks better.

If that's insane, then so be it.

Guess we're both insane lol
Re: pink glasses.

Also, they won a cup without Stamkos and without Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad