HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Thank God we got Suzuki because Bergevin was pushing for Glass

I keep reading this on HFboards but I'm starting to wonder if it’s just some fans mythology. Has this ever been reported by a credible source?

At the time, Bergevin was so hated by the HFboard crowd that nobody would ever want to give him credit even for such a great move. So all we needed was someone to say he actually wanted Glass (who was actually the most touted prospect vs Suzuki, Glass would also have been the prefered pick by 99% of the fanbase), to make the whole crowd jump of this and accept it as the truth. But has this ever been verified? Or it's just part of the mythology that fits the popular narrative?

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
@WatchfulElm

Dont remember who but the guy was legit, maybe Lebrun

At the same time, they we're prospect so its kinda logic they wanted the player drafted earlier

Reactions: GrandBison

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Reminds me of the Corson/Turgeon trade years ago. Houle offered one of David Wilkie, Craig Rivet and Rory Fitzpatrick as a throw in. He told St. Louis to pick one...they picked Fitzpatrick.
How about Gainey throwing in Macdonagh in the Gomez trade...that one still stings.
I'd like to "like" your post but I can't. It still makes me sad. :(

Reactions: Tyson

electron58

Jun 29, 2024

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Trouba signed a contract that had a NMC for the 1st few years of his contract. Then this year it changed to a 15 team NTC and he is using it appropriately. I don't blame the player for using all resources available to them within their contract rights. If GM's are going to give out NMC and NTC then the player should be able to use them according.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Trouba signed a contract that had a NMC for the 1st few years of his contract. Then this year it changed to a 15 team NTC and he is using it appropriately. I don't blame the player for using all resources available to them within their contract rights. If GM's are going to give out NMC and NTC then the player should be able to use them according.

Yeah, Drury activated his right to waive goodrow in order to bypass his clause. He ended up on San Jose which he is probably fuming over.

The point is that Drury would do the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot.

Trouba is a douchebag, but not because of this.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I keep reading this on HFboards but I'm starting to wonder if it’s just some fans mythology. Has this ever been reported by a credible source?

At the time, Bergevin was so hated by the HFboard crowd that nobody would ever want to give him credit even for such a great move. So all we needed was someone to say he actually wanted Glass (who was actually the most touted prospect vs Suzuki, Glass would also have been the prefered pick by 99% of the fanbase), to make the whole crowd jump of this and accept it as the truth. But has this ever been verified? Or it's just part of the mythology that fits the popular narrative?
To be honest I'm totally done with the Bergevin topic.
A complete waste of time and energy after so much time and energy wasted on him when he was here.
The results haven't come on ice yet but the complete 180 at the top is refreshing to say the least.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
To be honest I'm totally done with the Bergevin topic.
A complete waste of time and energy after so much time and energy wasted on him when he was here.
The results haven't come on ice yet but the complete 180 at the top is refreshing to say the least.

Even if it was a myth (it's not), Bergevin's tenure isn't one trade away from redemption. So whatever Bergevin wanted can be safely be filed under "who the f*** cares" at this point.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Patch did it when traded to LA i mean there's nothing new about that and yeah it's the player's right.

Reactions: ReHabs and Tyson

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah, Bourgault has way more upside than Jarventie.

It's a minor win, but hey that's monumental for Ottawa who never win a trade, minor or otherwise.
kk...I know Bourgault was a coveted prospect a few years ago around here, but from what I've gathered, he hasn't really put it together in the AHL yet.

They're the same age, and Jarventie has been more productive in the AHL.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
kk...I know Bourgault was a coveted prospect a few years ago around here, but from what I've gathered, he hasn't really put it together in the AHL yet.

They're the same age, and Jarventie has been more productive in the AHL.

Edmonton isn't the best for developing their prospects. Like I said, it's a minor win and I'm mainly dunking on the Sens haha.

Reactions: 417

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad