Martinook – Staal – Fast
Carrier – Kotkaniemi – Robinson
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

A canes fan posted this lineup in the kuznetzov thread on the main board. Am I crazy, or is this roster not scary at all?

First line is good, but Jarvis shot 19% last season, up from 7.5% the season before. Their 2C has a career high of 8 goals, the 3C was drafted during the bush administration, and the 4C is KK.

The team is also not particularly big or physical, and the defense lost pesce and skjei and has burns turning 40 around trade deadline.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Just checked pure stats but Bourgault regressed his point totals this year. Jarventie was almost point a game. Purely stats though I have no idea what systems or coaches factor in.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Svechnikov – Aho – Jarvis
Roslovic – Drury – Necas
Martinook – Staal – Fast
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

A canes fan posted this lineup in the kuznetzov thread on the main board. Am I crazy, or is this roster not scary at all?

First line is good, but Jarvis shot 19% last season, up from 7.5% the season before. Their 2C has a career high of 8 goals, the 3C was drafted during the bush administration, and the 4C is KK.

The team is also not particularly big or physical, and the defense lost pesce and skjei and has burns turning 40 around trade deadline.

It's falling off - that's still a good team, but they are getting some talent attrition without addressing their goaltending. Guys like Bader swear by their prospect pool but outside of Nikishin, a lot of them are just small skilled guys who rarely pan out.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Who said the Canes were going to be scary?

Rod was almost crying seeing all the players leave after July 1st. I might be exaggerating a bit.

They might make the playoffs next season, but not as the 100+ points team they have been since 2020-2021 (only 56 games, but they had 80 pts already).

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Roslovic – Drury – Necas
Martinook – Staal – Fast
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

Canes will remain a solid regular season team in a putrid Metro division

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Canes will remain a solid regular season team in a putrid Metro division
They will fight for a playoffs spot but they missed the boat for sure. This said Aho is only 26, Jarvis 22, Necas 25 and Svechnikov 24 so a good GM could retool in 2-3 seaons without too much trouble. The defense is getting old though.

BTW not sure what's going on in LA but Byfield and Spence not being signed yet is crazy.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They will fight for a playoffs spot but they missed the boat for sure. This said Aho is only 26, Jarvis 22, Necas 25 and Svechnikov 24 so a good GM could retool in 2-3 seaons without too much trouble. The defense is getting old though.

BTW not sure what's going on in LA but Byfield and Spence not being signed yet is crazy.
Why? They have no leverage power?

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Roslovic – Drury – Necas
Martinook – Staal – Fast
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

Gambling on a guy like KK over Trocheck is killing them.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Roslovic – Drury – Necas
Martinook – Staal – Fast
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

Line up looks like a bunch of jerks

Hahahabahsbshahsbnkdididnebfj

• Love
Reactions: Kaiden Ghoul

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
How far away is New York from Montreal? Could it work?

He probably has Montreal on his no trade list, but it would definitely work. NYC is a 6 hour drive and a 90 minute flight, which is a shuttle flight these days.

She would have to stay in NYC for a year to finish her residency. He could just rent an apartment in Montreal & commute between the 2 cities. They obviously have help with the kids already since there's no way he could play hockey while his wife does a medical residency without it.

He has 2 years left on his deal at $8m per. If NYR's want to move their 2025 1st with him, I'd take it.

In summer 2025, we can trade him at 50% to a city that he prefers. That would give us three 2025 1st rounders (our own, Florida/Calgary and NYR). We can use the assets to trade for a top 6 forward.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Roslovic – Drury – Necas
Martinook – Staal – Fast
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

Not sure how big they are, but they play a certain style that is difficult to play against which they generally seem to execute well. You see some of that brindamour the hockey player in this team.

They are not at the top of my cup list, but I don't see much of a reason why they can't be a mid round playoff team again, altbough perhaps some concern about how much longer you can keep going back to the well with guys like burns and staal.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Man walking away from 8 million is a crazy decision no matter how rich you are. I'm sure KHL was an option next year for him anyways.
Less shaming and scrutiny over there for doing blow.

In all seriousness, he's not the first Russian to go back home and leave US dollars on the table. Kovalchuk left multiple years on his NJ contract and finished his prime years in the KHL before coming back to the NHL for his swan song. Radulov left Nashville and played most of his prime in the KHL. Alexei Morozov was at one time viewed as the best player not in the NHL and it took forever for Pittsburgh to get him over here even though they had Mario. Morozov ended up only being a so-so player in the NHL but all his development years were spent in the KHL. Emelin signed several KHL contracts before we finally got him over here despite Habs attempts to lure him over. You never know what you're getting with Russian players. NA and Russia are totally different cultures.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
In case anyone's wondering, the kid who scored 20 goals and 35 assists in his D+4 is signed to a great contract at five years. The kid who scored 20 goals and 30 assists in his D+2 signed for 1.4mil~ more at 8 years and doesn't even kick in until the season after this is the awful one. Just check the main board :sarcasm:
Fans generally have a very limited knowledge of how NHL contracts work...just look at our board and how many people actually argued that Nick Suzuki was signed to too much money a few years ago.

So not shocking....if anything, that Byfield deal makes Slafkovsky's look even better.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Roslovic – Drury – Necas
Martinook – Staal – Fast
Lemieux

Slavin – Burns
Orlov – Walker
Gostisbehere – Chatfield

Kochetkov
Andersen

I'm sure i'm not the only one , but i'm always happy to see that KK is on the 4th line :nod::devdance:

• Haha
Reactions: Leto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad