HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Where is that legendary player Kulic?

Martin Biron is a contributor on BPM Sports during the season. He was asked about the Sabres' prospect pool and when asked about Kulich, he said that he's a good prospect, but that at Sabres' camps, he hasn't looked ready even though he's doing good in the AHL. But like many young prospects, he needs to work on his consistency.

Laval plays Rochester a lot every season. And there are games Kulich is nowhere to be seen. He might end the game with a goal or with multiple points, but he was invisible. Mind you, it's still good to have a guy who can put up points even though he's not playing his best game.

But when posters point to Kulich as the one who should have been selected over Mesar, as much as I respect their preference and they have the right to feel that way, they often talk about Mesar liks some bust and Kulich like some blue chip prospect.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's a well deserved retirement at 40 years old.
It's hard to comprehend why he could never climb the last hill to the summit.
Look at how many seasons he played with favorites who could never put it all together.
What a super consistent player. 1068 in 1332 yet never hitting PPG.
Suzuki is out pacing him at this point in his career and showing that type of consistency it bodes well for us.

Common denominator for some of that was Pete DeBoer.
With the Sharks there were two seasons in particular where he played 24 and 27 playoff games and came off second best.
The had slug fests to even get there.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
03 one of the best draft ever 4 1000pts guys and the top one is a 7th rounder, incredible.

1000006182.jpg

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What a flop! He only did 28 points in the NHL as a 22 years old. Worst flop in the history of flops :sarcasm:

Not sure if i'm doing this right but after watching our fans call young players flop before they turn 23 and laugh at Kulic for not making a random projected lineup at 20 i guess it's how it works right?

28 points in 46 games in the NHL and 26 points in 16 games in the AHL. He had a fantastic rookie season as a pro. Nobody was referring to him as a flop.

Reactions: Rapala

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Looks like another lottery lineup for the Sabres this year
It depends. Power, Benson, Paterka, Quinn and Cozens are all good young players. That's the thing with kids you never know when and if they will blossom. Kopitar's LA were a disapointment until they were not anymore. Pretty much happened overnight too. Kopitar missed the playoffs 5 times in 6 years and then boom a cup.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Kulic is 20 years old this season (he was 19 last season). Sometime it's better to simply not speak.
Age has nothing to do w having a pair of balls, Kulic is soft as butter and goes out of his way to avoid dirty areas for a player w size - great part of why he had more difficulty (topsy turvy) last season in Rochester and invisible during the playoffs

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
What a flop! He only did 28 points in the NHL as a 22 years old. Worst flop in the history of flops :sarcasm:

Not sure if i'm doing this right but after watching our fans call young players flop before they turn 23 and laugh at Kulic for not making a random projected lineup at 20 i guess it's how it works right?

23 years old would be a slow pace for HFHabs. Most of our prospects get written off before they get the chance to walk half the distance between the stands and the stage on draft day.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Looks like another lottery lineup for the Sabres this year

They should be in the hunt. Thompson, Cozens, McLeod & Lafferty is pretty good down the middle. Definitely better than what they had.

Krebs has lost his spot in the lineup, as he should. He simply hasn't been good enough for Buffalo. I would not be surprised at all if he gets waved.

Malestyn gives them a physical, defensive grinder that can kill penalties. McLeod will be a huge help in that area, too.

Buffalo was within 7 pts of a playoff spot while having the 29th ranked PP. They were 13th in PK. I think they've improved their forward ranks. It at least has more experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad