HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Probably nothing In there is true but I'll comment on it;

Veleno as a reclamation project after Dach/Gurianov/Newhook makes sense. No need/place for Holl.

The Avs need wingers like yesterday holy crap.

Parker Kelly isn't a top 6 forward. He's barely a 4th liner. Their 4th line sucks. Bottom 6 isn't going to produce a lot of offense at all.

They'll do what they did last year. MacKinnon/Makar will drive them to the playoffs. They'll beat the Jets/WC team. Lose to Dallas.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Like I said he ain't getting more than $2m. He came under. They easily have $14m to sign Jarvis/Necas.
Jarvis should cost in the neighbourhood of Suzuki / Caufield if they want to sign him long term. Necas will probably be bridged. They'll probably have 1-2 millions left,

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Jarvis should cost in the neighbourhood of Suzuki / Caufield if they want to sign him long term. Necas will probably be bridged. They'll probably have 1-2 millions left,

Yeah, Jarvis probably gets Caufield money, $7.5m.
Necas has filed for arbitration. I expect him to sign for one year. Necas's contract isn't a bridge. He signed that already. He's 25 & 2 years from UFA. He's UFA 2026.

If Carolina doesn't intend to give him UFA type money then they'll trade him in 2025. I can see Necas wanting to test out UFA, as the Cap will likely be around $95m if not higher.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Personally i've always had a huge problem with people who take era adjusted stats at face value (or any other adjusted stats like stadium adjusted). I mean McDavid is a big reason why this era is offensively oriented like Greztsky and Lemieux back in the days, You don't stop McJesus with guys like Hall Gill so team defense has moved toward speed and mobility which favor offense at large.

I have huge respect for Crosby he's one of the best player ever but anyone who thinks he's offensively speaking on the same level as McJesus needs better glasses.

Speaking of hal Gill, I thought he was really good against Pittsburgh in 2010.

Crosby scored one goal in the series which happened to be the game Gill missed.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Wheeler had Michkov 2nd best prospect. Behind only Celebrini. He was on 690 yesterday. Many were asking if they would like Michkov and Demidov both?
Wheeler's a joke. His list looks like rankings for a hockey pool rather than who will be the best quality NHL players.

Reactions: Andrei79

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I thought Gill generally sucked until late in his career.

He played the Habs a few times in the playoffs as a Bruin and he didn't impress me back then.
I think with Pitt. Generally takes them awhile. I listened to radio interview with Gill several years back. He Sounded like great student of the game. Reminded me of Jake Allen type interview

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can't skate it back but can pass it? Or you can't move the puck back to your half of the ice on purpose in any way once across?

Personally this is the rule i've wanted but I think it should be the attacking blueline.

As soon as you cross the attacking blue-line, you have to make a play in there, you can't intentionally pass it out or skate it out otherwise its a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad