HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
With any luck, maybe those infatuated with him will decide to go post on the flyers board and stop clogging this board up with their useless posts :dunno:
You seem to have forgotten the mythical post PK trade threads. It’ll never stop.

Like one famous MIA poster used to write here: trust me. Or was it believe me?

Reactions: Rapala

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
💯 %. Annoying to keep reading about Michkov.
When Michkov 'struggled' last year early in the KHL season we had to see a lot of grandstanding and gloating and bleating about it from the resident experts... I hope you were annoyed then, and not part of the cacophony, as well.

I'm happy to never have to read about Michkov more than any other young player. If he does a noteworthy hockey play, we can talk about it. Otherwise he isn't a Hab and isn't our concern. If/when Reinbacher and/or Demidov is established in the NHL, I think it's inevitable that their impact will be compared against Michkov's. We're at least half a year away from that.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When Michkov 'struggled' last year early in the KHL season we had to see a lot of grandstanding and gloating and bleating about it from the resident experts... I hope you were annoyed then, and not part of the cacophony, as well.

I'm happy to never have to read about Michkov more than any other young player. If he does a noteworthy hockey play, we can talk about it. Otherwise he isn't a Hab and isn't our concern. If/when Reinbacher and/or Demidov is established in the NHL, I think it's inevitable that their impact will be compared against Michkov's. We're at least half a year away from that.
When he was sent to Sochi and started producing I was happy for him. I wish him nothing but success as I think he is a future NHL star. I just am tired of hearing about the fact that we didn't pick him. Time to move on and focus on the players in our pipeline.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When he was sent to Sochi and started producing I was happy for him. I wish him nothing but success as I think he is a future NHL star. I just am tired of hearing about the fact that we didn't pick him. Time to move on and focus on the players in our pipeline.

Especially since 12 months later we got a similar level prospect who is a better fit with what we need.

We now have Caufield and Laine as high end snipers.

We desperately needed a puck dominant, puck rushing, playmaker from the wing who is a dual threat to score from his shot. Which is what Demidov is.

Michkov is a silent assassin who doesn't handle the puck much, hangs out outside the defensive zone looking for opportunities and is a stone cold killer with his shot around the net.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Especially since 12 months later we got a similar level prospect who is a better fit with what we need.

We now have Caufield and Laine as high end snipers.

We desperately needed a puck dominant, puck rushing, playmaker from the wing who is a dual threat to score from his shot. Which is what Demidov is.

Michkov is a silent assassin who doesn't handle the puck much, hangs out outside the defensive zone looking for opportunities and is a stone cold killer with his shot around the net.
He really is a silent assassin

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I feel the same way 100%. It's annoying to hear Michov talk in the Reinbacher discussions and then hear counter-Michkov talk as well. Could do with neither.

Would be very happy to see him thrive in the NHL though, he's a special talent.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

The San Jose Sharks beat out trade offers from four main competitors to get Yaroslav Askarov last month: four main teams that were competing with the Sharks in those trade talks were the Canes, Habs, Avalanche and Flyers, per multiple league sources.
….
it’s hard to say for sure why the Preds chose San Jose’s offer, but they like Edstrom a lot on top of that first-round pick.
I’m speculating Habs offer was built around Mesar + 1st

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad