HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As a fan its hard to turn him down. As a GM your job is to build a contending team not a collection of shiny individuals. In a Cap world you have to turn him down or trade one of the other 3 for a dman. I said that in July 1, 2018 when they signed him and I stand by it today.

When he signed JT, Kadri was coming of 2 consecutive 32G seasons and was signed for 4 more years at 4.5M. That was your no 2 centre, signing JT dropped Kadri down to 3rd line and his production suffered.
The Leafs over reacted blaming Kadri for their game seven loss to Boston after he got suspended for 5 games.
If I'm not mistaken he had disciplinary issues in the post season prior to that one as well.
I always prefer a player you have to bring down a notch to one you have to boot in the ass.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
The Leafs over reacted blaming Kadri for their game seven loss to Boston after he got suspended for 5 games.
If I'm not mistaken he had disciplinary issues in the post season prior to that one as well.
I always prefer a player you have to bring down a notch to one you have to boot in the ass.
Agree. Kadri was the perfect 2nd line center, yeah, maybe too much emotion once in awhile, but better than none at all. Let Matthews mature into your #1 center, and take that Tavares money and grab a top defenceman and goalie.
Once again proving that patience is key to a proper rebuild.
Tavares was never gonna lead this bunch anywhere, stats aside, and that contract hamstrung the Leafs from a proper build. Glad it worked out that way, it's been years of amusement.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Screenshot_20240813_174152_Brave.jpg

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
"Tavares has been heavily involved in the process with GM Brad Treliving."

What kind of corporate garbagespeak is this? Heavily involved in the process? Seems pretty straighforward. Underperforming guy got stripped of his C, and Max Contract got hung with it.
Except that Tavares didnt underperform....no more than all the overpaid Leafs....its an attempt at making a change for the sake of change.....nothing has changed.....nothing.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Habs should call the Oilers after they match with Holloway to see if they would be interesting in making a trade. Have the rules changed, can you trade after matching now?

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Habs should call the Oilers after they match with Holloway to see if they would be interesting in making a trade. Have the rules changed, can you trade after matching now?

Couple of people earlier in the thread said you can’t trade a player for the whole season after matching an offer sheet.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They won't match anyway, they would have moved before if they were planning on matching offers.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I'm not a fan of offersheets but I've got to admit they are pretty entertaining. I love the endless bickering between both fanbase. The bad blood is real, it's the ultimate backstabbing move and a true declaration of war.

I swear, it's the equivalent of learning that your wife cheated on you and now you have to decide if you keep her or not. :laugh:

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I get why they are giving him the C - But Matthews is no leader.
We have no clue who the leaders are in any dressing room. For the Leafs' sake, you hope Matthews has matured into a motivator and positive role model. For the rest of the hockey world's sake, you hope they gave him the "C" as a vanity plate for their golden child.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I'm not a fan of offersheets but I've got to admit they are pretty entertaining. I love the endless bickering between both fanbase. The bad blood is real, it's the ultimate backstabbing move and a true declaration of war.

I swear, it's the equivalent of learning that your wife cheated on you and now you have to decide if you keep her or not. :laugh:
Easy to see why no one was using offer sheets, makes things really nasty. Have the fans in St. Louis been getting restless, calling for change?

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK

I can't agree - the team where the players are RFAs simply has to get deals done if it values the player. They don't, well then any incoming offer sheets are on them.

I'm in the same camp as those people who believe a GM's job is to do what's best for their team and if that rocks the boat at the mythical GMs Country Club, then so be it.

Good for the Blues if you ask me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad