HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
The picks are useless to Edmonton at this point
They are in win now mode and were surely expecting both those kids to improve.
But if they don't have the room, not much they can do.

Reactions: Tyson

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Bowman is quickly facing a challenge. The bigger issue is Draisaitl and Bouchard next season.
The Grease are definitely in a bind and because most of my friends are Oiler fans, I'm pleased :). Drai is going to get $13-14M.....The Douchebomb is going to get $9M.....McJesus is going to get $15M the year after those two

TIGHT CAP for the Oil moving forward.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The Grease are definitely in a bind and because most of my friends are Oiler fans, I'm pleased :). Drai is going to get $13-14M.....The Douchebomb is going to get $9M.....McJesus is going to get $15M the year after those two

TIGHT CAP for the Oil moving forward.
And they can't get rid of the Nurse contract.

Reactions: Runner77 and Deebs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Canadiens could take Evander Kane off their hands. 5 million and he’s set for surgery. Two years left and he’d be LTIR this year.

But what do the Oilers have to give back?

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Leafs marketing department working O/T on this one.....wonder what JT is whispering in Matthew's ear?

Need any jammies?

You good with the 8 am tee time?

Damn, Marner's whiny.

Attachments

• Leafs_joke2.jpg
    Leafs_joke2.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Leafs and new El Capitano, Mr Nostrils. I always love when they say how close they are a winning SC. Bold talk, after all, only once that core advanced to 2nd round in playoffs.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I can't agree - the team where the players are RFAs simply has to get deals done if it values the player. They don't, well then any incoming offer sheets are on them.

I'm in the same camp as those people who believe a GM's job is to do what's best for their team and if that rocks the boat at the mythical GMs Country Club, then so be it.

Good for the Blues if you ask me.
I agree, I would like the habs to do that for a 2nd pick? the young Hollaway could be good

Leafs and new El Capitano, Mr Nostrils. I always love when they say how close they are a winning SC. Bold talk, after all, only once that core advanced to 2nd round in playoffs.
Nostrils was even a TSN 690 highlight. I turned it off. 690 that is a fig player. who cares

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lmao

Way to signal pushing Tavares off the team
And way to add more pressure to Matthews to chase him away in a couple years after taking all the blame for ghe team constantly shitting the bed :laugh:
Oh happy days

Reactions: Nashy and FinnHab

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
We have no clue who the leaders are in any dressing room. For the Leafs' sake, you hope Matthews has matured into a motivator and positive role model. For the rest of the hockey world's sake, you hope they gave him the "C" as a vanity plate for their golden child.
I've seen enough of him to know his character but it is still common to give the goalscorer the C as opposed to the heart of the team so it is no surprise.

Reactions: Runner77

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Except that Tavares didnt underperform....no more than all the overpaid Leafs....its an attempt at making a change for the sake of change.....nothing has changed.....nothing.
65pts at 11m cap hit = underperforming.

I've seen enough of him to know his character but it is still common to give the goalscorer the C as opposed to the heart of the team so it is no surprise.
They don't really have any heart guys other than Nylander, but that would have taken courage.

Lmao

Way to signal pushing Tavares off the team
And way to add more pressure to Matthews to chase him away in a couple years after taking all the blame for ghe team constantly shitting the bed :laugh:
Oh happy days
Yes, you're basically announcing that Tavares is gone. I suppose it will motivate him to have a good year.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
65pts at 11m cap hit = underperforming.

They don't really have any heart guys other than Nylander, but that would have taken courage.

Yes, you're basically announcing that Tavares is gone. I suppose it will motivate him to have a good year.
He may have under-performed last year. He's been there for 6 seasons. Pretty much a PPG player. My point was Johhny T ain't the problem, it's just window dressing for the fans, moving the C around, changes nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Berube coming in, Matthews taking the C. I think these are good moves.

No it doesn’t change the fundamentals of the roster but it’s a clean slate from a culture perspective on previous failures.

The Leafs are still an Uber talented team. They could still put it together. I hope they don’t but I’m also surprised at the lack of success they’ve had over the years. It’s incredible how brutal they’ve been in the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: sampollock

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The picks are useless to Edmonton at this point
They are in win now mode and were surely expecting both those kids to improve.
Broberg and Holloway aren't win now mode players. They could have easily been sacrificed at the TDL for win now mode contracts (UFAs). Neither were specially efficient in the playoffs I watched either. Broberg was too similar to Beaulieu. Holloway was somewhat noticeable sparsely in 25 games without breaking anything serious.

That makes me think, neither is matched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad