Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I don't get the obsession with blasting Pete. He's gone. You all got what you wanted. Move on.

Its more about the bizarre mystique that accompany's him. When you look at the praise he gets from people around the league and then look at his track record, something doesn't add up. After looking at his time here, he doesn't deserve the accolades he gets. He's average, at best.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Its more about the bizarre mystique that accompany's him. When you look at the praise he gets from people around the league and then look at his track record, something doesn't add up. After looking at his time here, he doesn't deserve the accolades he gets. He's average, at best.

I think you'll see when nobody (LIKELY) hires him for a head coaching position, that he really isn't as well regarded around the league as it seems.

There's more highly regarded guys that will get hired first.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is there any possibility that fans really have no idea what they are seeing and reasons for success and failure are more complicated and everyone in the hockey world knows that and still respects his system, tactical knowledge and ideas of how the game should be played?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Is there any possibility that fans really have no idea what they are seeing and reasons for success and failure are more complicated and everyone in the hockey world knows that and still respects his system, tactical knowledge and ideas of how the game should be played?

Are you kidding? This is HFBoards, all coaches and GMs get their ideas and knowledge from here. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And the first domino falls...the Flyers hire Hakstol (UND coach), guess no Babcock or Pete for them

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
This thread needs more Fireball shots.

bthqf0p.png

Flyers with the cannonball and hire someone not even on the radar.

GhostofKenKlee

No Babcock, deflate the Flyers media fanboys especially Randy Miller on that one. Looks like Babcock has made a choice and the flies are gonna start dropping.

Hextall's son played for him, I wonder how this will go....

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
We should get D.J. Smith to coach the Devils. He is doing well with the Oshawa Generals and used to be the Assistant coach of Windsor Spitfires when Henrique was there.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
My guess would have to be Paul MacLean. There has not been any recent news concerning his future, similar to how there was no news regarding Shero's. That's all I can come up with.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My guess would have to be Paul MacLean. There has not been any recent news concerning his future, similar to how there was no news regarding Shero's. That's all I can come up with.

There hasn't been any news about MacLean cause nobody outside of Chere wants him lol

I don't exactly think the media's tapping Shero's phones in the Czech Republic either, hard to get rumors when the GM's on the other side of the world

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ilkka Palomäki @IlkkaPalomaki · 4h 4 hours ago
Devilsin tuore GM Ray Shero ja Guy Boucher on #muuten nähty samassa seurueessa Prahassa.. #huhumylly #NHLfi #valmentajalotto

not sure how legit this guy is. translation is Boucher spotted talking with Shero apparently

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Devilsin tuore GM Ray Shero ja Guy Boucher on #muuten nähty samassa seurueessa Prahassa.. #huhumylly #NHLfi #valmentajalotto

not sure how legit this guy is. translation is Boucher spotted talking with Shero apparently

I think he correctly broke some Jagr news, but fact Shero spoke with Boucher doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm sure Shero spoke with lots of people that could potentially end up our coach, Babcock included.

Man someone got the Pete to Philly stuff all wrong.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Interesting. I don't think I'd mind Guy Boucher, and it's nice to see that Shero is thinking outside the box--looking to hire someone with NHL experience who isn't Bylsma perhaps.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think he correctly broke some Jagr news, but fact Shero spoke with Boucher doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm sure Shero spoke with lots of people that could potentially end up our coach, Babcock included.

Man someone got the Pete to Philly stuff all wrong.

I thought he was more in line for the Sharks job anyway (Pete) assuming they don't get Babcock. If he doesn't get hired by any team though then all the Pete hype really was hot air.

As far as Boucher it'd be ironic if he was hired now, I figured he'd be more a Lou pick cause of his (Guy) relationship with Lemaire.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sure Boucher will get a interview but he goes against what shero wants to do offensively

Do we really know what Shero's philosophy is? His first hire was Therrien iirc, as close to the vest as it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad