Value of: Ottawa Shake up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I put them in untouchables because the return would not be worth moving them. They are untouchables for 2nds or prospects or as throw ins which is what people would offer.

Not that hard to understand.
Just to be clear here, you called them untouchable, but you're saying they're not untouchable. And I'm the idiot for not understanding that. :laugh:

We'll also completely ignore that you initially tried to justify listing them as untouchable rather than Brady because "Winners are built on center depth".

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I really wanted Chabot until I realized he’s apparently made of glass now. Could someone enlighten me on his current injury status? I’m not seeing anything recent and it definitely effects his value.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
There's a Brady cult on the Sens board lol.

Many other posters in the Sens board share my views it's just that there are some who will never criticize Brady.

and they call anyone who criticizes Brady on his lazy backchecking or bad defensive play or tantrums as just being haters.

When they are obvious source of concern.

You have a really weird and sort of annoying posting style. Just have a conversation dude.

Meanwhile, our preferred pick Zadina, who we thought the Sens missed the boat on, looks to be riding a pontoon with his friend Wilson.

Tkachuk is a rare breed, a top-line power forward, and is a young captain. Mistakes will be made, but he is part of the solution, not the problem.

Sens goalies have been atrocious, but the entire roster looks lost. It's as if they don't know where to be on ice whether to stop a rush or turn the other way. PP is abysmal despite even strength numbers having Ottawa in top-2 in the league. DJ Smith needs to go.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I'm thinking Greig might be the piece they move, since Pinto won't be easy to move for a couple of seasons until the whole gambling thing fades away, and they seemed to be somewhat in competition for the same #3C role.

I'm thinking you don't know jack about the Senators. Grieg is untouchable.

Batherson is the guy to deal.

I think you can absolutely get a good return from an offensive needy team. Especially one with an old-school front office that will be enamored by his size and counting stats. The more analytical FO’s will probably be turned off by peeking under the hood too much.

I’d look to deal him regardless of any leadership changes. I don’t think this guy will change his stripes and it’s a chance to change some of the make-up of the team.

No he's not. His contract is too good to deal.

Everyone going on about the coach, I put that in my post.

If the new coach doesn't work they will have to shake up the core. This is to see what we could expect if the core has to be changed.

You're jumping the gun, and now every schmuck on here is going to low ball for Brady Tkachuk.
You goofed.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I put them in untouchables because the return would not be worth moving them. They are untouchables for 2nds or prospects or as throw ins which is what people would offer.

Not that hard to understand.

You quite literally defined both Pinto and Greig as "Untouchable" and then said no they're not untouchable, and "It's not that hard to understand". :laugh:

I dunno man. It's pretty hard to understand that you meant they're not untouchable when you literally said they're untouchable.

And we'll just pretend that you didn't initially try to justify labeling them as untouchable over Tkachuk because "Winners are built on center depth".

You're jumping the gun, and now every schmuck on here is going to low ball for Brady Tkachuk.
You goofed.

I mean, you might get your typical HF ridiculous proposal, but I think most of us realize the type of value a rare player like Brady would require... And that he's not actually available.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
You quite literally defined both Pinto and Greig as "Untouchable" and then said no they're not untouchable, and "It's not that hard to understand". :laugh:

I dunno man. It's pretty hard to understand that you meant they're not untouchable when you literally said they're untouchable.

And we'll just pretend that you didn't initially try to justify labeling them as untouchable over Tkachuk because "Winners are built on center depth".

I mean, you might get your typical HF ridiculous proposal, but I think most of us realize the type of value a rare player like Brady would require... And that he's not actually available.

I put Stutzle Sanderson Zub as untouchables as well but if there was massive overpay that made the team better I would move them too. Same as Greig and Pinto.

I don't know how much simpler I can put it at this point.

Brady might want to move himself if he can't make it on this team. Better to trade him before he can use his NMC and get the maximum value.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I put Stutzle Sanderson Zub as untouchables as well but if there was massive overpay that made the team better I would move them too. Same as Greig and Pinto.

I don't know how much simpler I can put it at this point.

It probably would've been much simpler if you hadn't claimed they were untouchable players when that evidently is not what you meant, according to you... (But now apparently they are untouchable again, barring a massive overpayment?! I'm confused... And it's so simple to understand. Silly me.)

But hey, I'll make a callback to page 2:

Are you trying to draw parallels between Brady and Raymond with McDavid lol

That's dumb.

"Are you trying to draw parallels between Pinto and Greig with Stutzle and Sanderson?!"

I'd be all for bringing back Chychrun to the Coyotes if he still wants a chance to play in the playoffs.

Oof. :laugh:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
It probably would've been much simpler if you hadn't claimed they were untouchable players when that evidently is not what you meant, according to you...

But hey, I'll make a callback to page 2:

"Are you trying to draw parallels between Pinto and Greig with Stutzle and Sanderson?!"

Oof. :laugh:

I think everyone but you knows what I meant.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They should trade Chabot for Parayko. Not straight up, obviously. But wouldn't that swap make sense?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I think everyone but you knows what I meant.

Interesting thought considering I got multiple likes on my posts where I pointed out how you contradicted yourself calling Pinto and Greig untouchable and then turned around and said they're not untouchable...

I think you're dreaming up a world where you didn't contradict yourself about Pinto and Greig, just like you dreamt up a world where there's tons of Ottawa fans who agree with you about Tkachuk (Four pages and still haven't found one) and you're not just hating on him. (A handful of Ottawa fans who have claimed this, though)

Last edited:

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Martin in remplacement (interim)
Staios need to find his new GM first and after they can hire their new coach.
Hope for Sens they will hire a new GM before the trade deadline.
You don't want a GM hire just before the draft.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Now just higher Berube. He will get your team motivated and probably playing way better defensively too
Berube is still being paid by the Blues.

Getting fired and having a little paid time off is one of the few perqs of being a head coach.

Time for Berube to spend the holidays with his family, and then maybe go on a winter vscation some place warm.

Coaching can wait.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Berube is still being paid by the Blues.

Getting fired and having a little paid time off is one of the few perqs of being a head coach.

Time for Berube to spend the holidays with his family, and then maybe go on a winter vscation some place warm.

Coaching can wait.

Ehh, they can still opt to work if the team is willing to pay more than their fired team... But I dunno that anybody pays him significantly more than the $3.5M STL owes him this year and next.

That's part of the reason Babcock never worked until his contract expired. Nobody was coming close to matching the $6.25M x 4 Toronto owed him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They aren't moving Tkachuk or Chychrun either. People need to step away from the ledge. The problem in Ottawa is DJ Smith.
Big brains like the OP know better..... He wanted Stutzle to be captain last year too. He has a hate on for Tkachuk that is unhealthy.

Anyone that knows anything about the sport knows they need to see this group under a different coach before making any big decisions.

I'm thinking Greig might be the piece they move, since Pinto won't be easy to move for a couple of seasons until the whole gambling thing fades away, and they seemed to be somewhat in competition for the same #3C role.
They are absolutely not trading Greig. Why would a team exiting its rebuild be trading 21 year old two way centermen that can play wing. In fact its not likely anyone gets moved until next off season so this management team can actually have time to evaluate these players.

Interesting thought considering I got multiple likes on my posts where I pointed out how you contradicted yourself calling Pinto and Greig untouchable and then turned around and said they're not untouchable...

I think you're dreaming up a world where you didn't contradict yourself about Pinto and Greig, just like you dreamt up a world where there's tons of Ottawa fans who agree with you about Tkachuk (Four pages and still haven't found one) and you're not just hating on him. (A handful of Ottawa fans who have claimed this, though)
Dont bother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad