Value of: Ottawa Shake up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Everyone going on about the coach, I put that in my post.

If the new coach doesn't work they will have to shake up the core. This is to see what we could expect if the core has to be changed.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sanderson is the most likely player NOT to be moved, so don't bother coming back with "ideas" and save some time.
Will be happy to relent to OP if he feels the same.
But almost without exception, no player is beyond acquisition if enuf is on the table.
The ? becomes what is enuf that a suitor can swallow.
So pending my schedule you'll see my thread soon enuf

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The OP hates Brady Tkachuk and dumps on him pretty much constantly.

Do I hate Chabot Norris Chychrun Batherson too? No. But if we can pull a trade that makes us better we should do it.

if we can get Rantanen type for a package around Brady, that makes us better.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Will be happy to relent to OP if he feels the same.
But almost without exception, no player is beyond acquisition if enuf is on the table.
The ? becomes what is enuf that a suitor can swallow.
So pending my schedule you'll see my thread soon enuf
Re: Sanderson. You are wasting your time. "Enuf" said - good grief.

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
No shit. Because he's a way more valuable player than either of them lol.

Since he apparently really values center depth, I'll gladly give you Copp and Veleno for Brady. :laugh:

Dude you say it yourself that Brady would get a massive valuable package and then in the next sentence offer that lol.

The whole point is that Brady could return more than those two combined.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Dude you say it yourself that Brady would get a massive valuable package and then in the next sentence offer that lol.

The whole point is that Brady could return more than those two combined.

I think Lucas Raymond would return a bigger package than Veleno and Rasmussen combined.

... But I wouldn't put him on my trade block and call the other two untouchable lol.

Also, you're apparently incapable of understanding the complete satire which was that "Offer".

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think Lucas Raymond would return a bigger package than Veleno and Rasmussen combined.

... But I wouldn't put him on my trade block and call the other two untouchable lol.

If your team needed a big shake up of it's core you would.

Ottawa core is a spoiled college frat house, something has to change to put them on alert.

Whether it's Brady or someone else.

Veleno and Rasmussen are fillers.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
If your team needed a big shake up of it's core you would.

Ottawa core is a spoiled college frat house, something has to change to put them on alert.

Whether it's Brady or someone else.

Veleno and Rasmussen are fillers.

Rasmussen put up more 5 on 5 points last season than Pinto in 26 less games and eats PK minutes.

So if Rasmussen is a filler, what the f*** is Pinto? :laugh:

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Would be nice if this team had a real bottom 6 and coach. Parker Kelly, Zach MacEwen, Jiri Smejkal, Mark Kastellic, and Angus Crookshank have a combined 454 gp and 65 points. This does not include grieg who is a rookie and doesn't even show up on google when you search by last name.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
OP hates Brady, goes on endlessly about it.
The only untouchables are Brady, Stutzle and Sanderson.

What has Brady done that Chabot or Norris haven't to be separate?

Untouchable fillers, then. :laugh:

Obviously you could trade them but you just wouldn't get a big enough package to make it worthwhile.

So you keep them as solid good young cheap depth. Fill the lineup.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
brady wont get you rantanen lol but you should keep him.

why is pinto untouchable?

no one is going to touch batherson until the hockey canada investigation has concluded

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What has Brady done that Chabot or Norris haven't to be separate?

Obviously you could trade them but you just wouldn't get a big enough package to make it worthwhile.

So you keep them as solid good young cheap depth. Fill the lineup.

Can you imagine the package you could get trading McDavid, tho?!

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
As mentioned the original poster has an absolute hatred of Brady. Borders on the ridiculous.

I don't have a hatred for Brady just more interested in seeing a good Ottawa Senators team.

If we get a package for Brady that makes this team better we should explore it. Simple. Same with the other players listed , no hate.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
brady wont get you rantanen lol but you should keep him.

why is pinto untouchable?

no one is going to touch batherson until the hockey canada investigation has concluded

Honestly, if I'm Colorado I seriously consider Brady for Rantanen... Maybe with a slight add from Ottawa.

Yeah there's a serious gap in production, but there's a serious gap in team quality and PP quality too. Rantanen puts up about 35-40% of his points on the PP, compared to Brady putting up around 30-35%. Do those numbers completely flip if they trade teams? Maybe not, but I think they move to even or maybe even slightly in Brady's favor.

Then add in the physical/agitator aspect Brady brings, plus contracts. (And cap is crucial for COL right now) Rantanen makes $1M more than Brady for the next two years. When he resigns, the three years after that he'll be making probably $3M - $3.5M more than Brady.

Side note: I think it's probably obvious to most teams that if there was any indication Batherson had a damning part in the Hockey Canada investigation, Ottawa would be giving him the same treatment as Formenton.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The coach needs to go first

That being said for the purposes of the thread I would look to move Norris. Hasn't taken that next step in terms of being an 8 million player but has shown he still has the scoring touch which teams value. Sens have a small window to move him and gain good value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad