Value of: Ottawa Shake up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't have a hatred for Brady just more interested in seeing a good Ottawa Senators team.

If we get a package for Brady that makes this team better we should explore it. Simple. Same with the other players listed , no hate.

Agent Zub: "I don't hate Brady!"

Four different Ottawa fans, in less than two pages:
Posters on the Senators board know all about your disdain and crusade against Tkachuk, but others here may not.

The OP hates Brady Tkachuk and dumps on him pretty much constantly.

OP hates Brady, goes on endlessly about it.

As mentioned the original poster has an absolute hatred of Brady. Borders on the ridiculous.

You sure.gif

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Agent Zub: "I don't hate Brady!"

Four different Ottawa fans, in less than two pages:

View attachment 785679

There's a Brady cult on the Sens board lol.

Many other posters in the Sens board share my views it's just that there are some who will never criticize Brady.

and they call anyone who criticizes Brady on his lazy backchecking or bad defensive play or tantrums as just being haters.

When they are obvious source of concern.

You have a really weird and sort of annoying posting style. Just have a conversation dude.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
There's a Brady cult on the Sens board lol.

Many other posters in the Sens board share my views it's just that there are some who will never criticize Brady.

and they call anyone who criticizes Brady on his lazy backchecking or bad defensive play or tantrums as just being haters.

When they are obvious source of concern.

You have a really weird and sort of annoying posting style. Just have a conversation dude.

"I don't hate him everybody else just loves him!"

"Many others share my views, just none of them are here!"

When everybody else is the problem, it's probably you.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Chychrun
Pinto
Kubalik

for

Pelech
Wahlstrom
2024 2nd

I think that works cap-wise.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
"I don't hate him everybody else just loves him!"

They don't want to criticize him idk if it's because they are scared he's gonna ask for a trade or what considering he already sat out to get his contract and it was a big deal.

Anyway Brady doesn't deserve this vehement defense. I listed other players aside from Brady as tradeable too. I don't hate those players either.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Chychrun
Pinto
Kubalik

for

Pelech
Wahlstrom
2024 2nd

I think that works cap-wise.
Now if only you could get it remotely close, value-wise.

They don't want to criticize him idk if it's because they are scared he's gonna ask for a trade or what considering he already sat out to get his contract and it was a big deal.

Anyway Brady doesn't deserve this vehement defense. I listed other players aside from Brady as tradeable too. I don't hate those players either.

You put a 24 year old PPG player who fills a very rare role on a trade list while calling Pinto and Greig "Untouchable" and then when multiple people call you out for an apparent reputation of shitting on the guy, you call it "Undeserved vehement defense".

You can't make this shit up. :laugh:

Last edited:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Just get a coach that can convince Stutzle to stop diving around and play a modicum of defence.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Now if only you could get it remotely close, value-wise.

You put a 24 year old PPG player who fills a very rare role on a trade list while calling Pinto and Greig "Untouchable" and then when people call you out for an apparent reputation of shitting on the guy, you call it "Undeserved vehement defense".

You can't make this shit up. :laugh:

Guarantee you a lot of non PPG players could put up PPG if they just cherry picked on the blue line and only tried offensively. Especially playing next to Stutzle.

Brady would be more impressive if he could get his line to play positive hockey, even if it meant that he only puts up 60 or 70 points. But he's always blowing the zone early trying to get that PPG. Not as impressive as winning hockey. And certainly deserving of some criticism.

I have already explained why it's not smart to trade young cheap center depth like Greig or Pinto as add ons.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Their top 6 is fine, their bottom 6 is OK but not too bad. They have Chychrun, Sanderson and Zub who are good Dmen but the rest are not. Their goalies are fine but haven't had a good season.

Use picks and a prospect to pick up a RHD and some protection for your goalies. The young Dmen who are bottom pairing need to be replaced by useful bottom 4 D if they haven't hit their expected heights. Bring in a coach who will take you to the next level and see what happens.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Guarantee you a lot of non PPG players could put up PPG if they just cherry picked on the blue line and only tried offensively. Especially playing next to Stutzle.

Brady would be more impressive if he could get his line to play positive hockey, even if it meant that he only puts up 60 or 70 points. But he's always blowing the zone early trying to get that PPG. Not as impressive as winning hockey. And certainly deserving of some criticism.

I have already explained why it's not smart to trade young cheap center depth like Greig or Pinto as add ons.

"It's not smart to trade young, 40 point centers. Trade the young PPG agitating, physical winger!"

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Realistically Ottawa needs to sort out who is going to be the GM long term and what their vision is first. Then (or maybe before that but this should be GM's call imo) they need to figure out who is going to replace DJ Smith.

I could understand trading Tarasenko and Kubalik at the deadline but otherwise would prob wait until offseason for major overhaul.

It was unfortunate that Andlauer didnt take the keys away Dorion sooner.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Are you trying to draw parallels between Brady and Raymond with McDavid lol

That's dumb.

I'm creating an extreme example (McDavid) to highlight the ridiculous ignorance in the logic of "This guy has more value, so we should be more willing to trade him than depth plugs" you're using to put Brady on the block but call Pinto and Greig untouchable.

Seemed pretty obvious...

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm creating an extreme example (McDavid) to highlight the ridiculous ignorance in the logic of "This guy has more value, so we should be more willing to trade him than depth plugs" you're using to put Brady on the block but call Pinto and Greig untouchable.

Seemed pretty obvious...

Pinto and Greig are not untouchable it's just that they wouldn't get a return that would be worth trading them as they are young still unproven players.

But Brady could get a large return that could be worth it. If you can trade Greig or Pinto for a great return than sure do that too. But people are just gonna offer BS like 2nds for them or as thrown ins with the other players.

The concept is not that difficult to understand my dude.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think we have enough (several years) of a sample size to know the roster is critically flawed. Some big changes need to be made. Some core pieces should be moved.

But that said, just get DJ out. It should have been done a long time ago, and they can do it quickly and easily. Hire one of Woody, Berube, or Evason and the record will immediately improve.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
"The concept is not that difficult to understand my dude. It's so clear that I keep contradicting myself."

I put them in untouchables because the return would not be worth moving them. They are untouchables for 2nds or prospects or as throw ins which is what people would offer.

Not that hard to understand.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I think we have enough (several years) of a sample size to know the roster is critically flawed. Some big changes need to be made. Some core pieces should be moved.

But that said, just get DJ out. It should have been done a long time ago, and they can do it quickly and easily. Hire one of Woody, Berube, or Evason and the record will immediately improve.
Is it the core though, or would a good coach just get them on the right track?

I look at the core pieces and I don't see how the hell they can have an issue with a core of Stutzle/Tkachuk/Sanderson/Chabot/Norris. I dunno. Sometimes I look at Detroit and think, while everybody views them as having lesser talent than Buffalo and Ottawa, is their success this season because they have an understanding of the player/team identity they want and assemble their team/hire staff accordingly?

I legit don't know if that's a problem for Ottawa (Or Buffalo) because I don't follow them closely enough and am asking. From a Detroit perspective, seems Yzerman loves his workhorse, two way forwards and big defensemen, and drafts and signs players according to that profile. And then hired a coach that is of the same mindset. I'm not saying you need that specific setup. I'm more asking if it may be an issue where Ottawa has just slapped together different talented players with no real direction or "Identity" and expect them to just be good because they're talented?

Reactions: habsfan44

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Is it the core though, or would a good coach just get them on the right track?

I look at the core pieces and I don't see how the hell they can have an issue with a core of Stutzle/Tkachuk/Sanderson/Chabot/Norris. I dunno. Sometimes I look at Detroit and think, while everybody views them as having lesser talent than Buffalo and Ottawa, is their success this season because they have an understanding of the player/team identity they want and assemble their team/hire staff accordingly?

I legit don't know if that's a problem for Ottawa (Or Buffalo) because I don't follow them closely enough and am asking. From a Detroit perspective, seems Yzerman loves his workhorse, two way forwards and big defensemen, and drafts and signs players according to that profile. And then hired a coach that is of the same mindset. I'm not saying you need that specific setup. I'm more asking if it may be an issue where Ottawa has just slapped together different talented players with no real direction or "Identity" and expect them to just be good because they're talented?
This team has been poised to "break out" for seemingly 3 seasons in a row. If the core players were really that talented, the team wouldn't be so bad, point blank. A team like the Rangers evidently had a "bad coach" last season and still sleptwalked to the playoffs.

I think DJ sucks, but if Ottawa fans think they have a core of 5-7 star. players, they should be in the playoffs regardless of who the coach is. They're far, far from accomplishing that.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Every other team in the league would put offers in for Brady Tkachuk.

Disappointing teams usually fire the coach before making the players pay for their play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad