Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
A deal with Mississauga makes so much sense. They have only two Goalies rostered right now: a 16 year old first rounder and 17 year old second rounder Ryerson Leenders. They also have James Richmond (James Boyd’s old coach) in charge as well as 5 second rounders in the next two drafts.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
A deal with Mississauga makes so much sense. They have only two Goalies rostered right now: a 16 year old first rounder and 17 year old second rounder Ryerson Leenders. They also have James Richmond (James Boyd’s old coach) in charge as well as 5 second rounders in the next two drafts.

They have three pretty good OA’s right now. The third one they traded for (DelMonte). That is assuming Schwindt returns.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The first goalies selected in consecutive drafts, one 7th over all. I doubt Miss is looking for a goalie.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Beck? What’s his trade value?

Tough to say at this time of year. I’d think around a 2nd and 3rd. That would match the Diaco deal last year. I think that’s a likely comparison.

Deadline? Probably more than that depending on his performance.

Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Tough to say at this time of year. I’d think around a 2nd and 3rd. That would match the Diaco deal last year. I think that’s a likely comparison.

Deadline? Probably more than that depending on his performance.
Is he not 100% back?

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
The first goalies selected in consecutive drafts, one 7th over all. I doubt Miss is looking for a goalie.
You’re absolutely right, both have impressive pedigrees. Can you name a team who has rolled with a 16 and 17 year old tandem? Especially a team who has a chance to win their division and potentially conference?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Final score 7-2

#24 Kimi Körbler (1) scores. 3rd 17:18

#17 Brady Stonehouse (1) scores. 3rd 18:10

Ottawa 67's Skaters​

POS#PlayerGA+/-DS/SPIMFOWH
D3Brady, Josh00+10/100/00
D4Dietsch, Kaleb00+10/120/00
D8Marrelli, Frankie10+21/200/00
LW9Barlas, Chris00+12/209/160
C10Whitehead, Nic00+12/302/60
D11Mews, Henry01+20/320/00
RW13Uronen, Tuomas1100/200/10
LW16Yanni, Chase00+12/200/00
RW17Stonehouse, Brady10+22/300/10
RW18Dever, Jack00+30/200/10
C20Pinelli, Luca10+21/327/150
LW21Hilton, Charlie0000/050/00
D22Mayich, Matthew00+10/300/00
LW23Gerrior, Will11+13/400/00
RW24Körbler, Kimi10+21/300/00
C25Gardiner, Brad01-11/205/120
D26Ewles, Gavin11+10/120/00
RW28Kelly, Caden0000/000/00

Ottawa 67's Goalies​

#PlayerGAMINSHSAVPIMGA
33MacKenzie, Collin0000/0000
35Donoso, Max260:002523/0000

Ottawa 7, North Bay 2

• North Bay climbed out to a 2-0 lead before Ottawa responded with seven unanswered goals from seven different scorers
  • Newcomers Tuomas Uronen and Kimi Korbler both scored for the Barber Poles as did defencemen Gavin Ewles and Frankie Marrelli
  • Dalyn Wakely drew primary assists on both Battalion goals, scored by Anthony Romani and Justin Ertel
  • Max Donoso stopped 23-of-25 in the Ottawa crease
  • Ottawa outshot North Bay 37-25

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You’re absolutely right, both have impressive pedigrees. Can you name a team who has rolled with a 16 and 17 year old tandem? Especially a team who has a chance to win their division and potentially conference?
I think the better question is why they would invest in two goalies of that calibre one year apart in age. They can only play one at a time. If Leenders is the starter because of age, does Ivankovic play a backup role for three years as the 7th overall pick?

IMO, Missy has set themselves up for a disgruntled goalie situation.

To me, it makes much more sense for them to snag an older Goalie and make a commitment to one of the other two young kids. I don’t see how they can commit to both. There will be trouble in the hen house for sure.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think the better question is why they would invest in two goalies of that calibre one year apart in age. They can only play one at a time. If Leenders is the starter because of age, does Ivankovic play a backup role for three years as the 7th overall pick?

IMO, Missy has set themselves up for a disgruntled goalie situation.

To me, it makes much more sense for them to snag an older Goalie and make a commitment to one of the other two young kids. I don’t see how they can commit to both. There will be trouble in the hen house for sure.
It is possible that they are starting the season with 2 young studs to

a. see who is better
b. use one later for trade bait.

Drafting high and a goalie playing standout, as you have agreed, is difficult. Not many 16-year-olds or 17-year-old first yer goalies stand out.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
7-2 against NB

Interesting score however, the problem is that barring the world-shattering we are going with goalies that are proven and a defence that is pretty set along with the same as forward.

My hats off to Hilton and Pinelli for showing that this team is going to rough it up when necessary A player with size and skill that is not afraid to drop the gloves is something we have lacked for a long time.

Also congrats to Barlas for having a reasonable night as center winning over 50% still not sure he is where I would hang my hat but alt least he is showing something.

It probably would not be a bad idea for the 67's to find a faceoff coach it was one of the weak areas last year and is really going to be weak this year even if we trade for an OA.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Steelheads would need to move Ivankovic and their extra picks to be a top 3 seed this season, I think.
They are 4th in the central for me right now.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The Steelheads would need to move Ivankovic and their extra picks to be a top 3 seed this season, I think.
They are 4th in the central for me right now.

They are crazy young but they have a lot of really strong young players. My sense is they will outperform your expectations but I agree that top 3 without significant moves is unrealistic.

I do think they will be above .500. The question is how far above .500?

They have a strong coach and good young players. IT wouldn’t surprise me if they were in the .550 to .560% range. That would put them around 5th in the Conference. Their challenge is trying not to go through long stretches of losing. If they can avoid the long losing streaks, I think they will fare very well.

The conference is relatively weak overall. I think that will play to their advantage.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’d love to see a Donoso for Leenders deal. I think Leenders has a lot of promise. I just don’t have a sense of what Ottawa would need to add to Donoso to make that happen. Goalie trades are so fickle.

If I were a little more confident in Leenders, the MacK deal for him would be more suitable for Missy. They’d have him next season as well. That gives Ivankovic two seasons of backup role before he takes over.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I’d love to see a Donoso for Leenders deal. I think Leenders has a lot of promise. I just don’t have a sense of what Ottawa would need to add to Donoso to make that happen. Goalie trades are so fickle.

If I were a little more confident in Leenders, the MacK deal for him would be more suitable for Missy. They’d have him next season as well. That gives Ivankovic two seasons of backup role before he takes over.
overage goalie for a 17 year old goalie isnt a fair trade. on the open market i would bet leenders would be worth more then a 3rd and 5th that an overage goalie would be worth.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They are crazy young but they have a lot of really strong young players. My sense is they will outperform your expectations but I agree that top 3 without significant moves is unrealistic.

I do think they will be above .500. The question is how far above .500?

They have a strong coach and good young players. IT wouldn’t surprise me if they were in the .550 to .560% range. That would put them around 5th in the Conference. Their challenge is trying not to go through long stretches of losing. If they can avoid the long losing streaks, I think they will fare very well.

The conference is relatively weak overall. I think that will play to their advantage.
Excellent coach imo, arguably best for defence men.
The conference is weak for this season compared to the west, but strong for 2005 born and loaded with 2006. In that regard; Barrie, Miss, then ‘67s, KGN, Brantford in some order.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
overage goalie for a 17 year old goalie isnt a fair trade. on the open market i would bet leenders would be worth more then a 3rd and 5th that an overage goalie would be worth.

Agreed but I don’t have a sense of what that is. I can usually peg the skaters within a reasonable margin but the goalies are always a bit of a wildcard. To me it comes down to which team picks up the phone first. If it were Missy making the call, I think the trade would end up slanted in Ottawa’s favour.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Excellent coach imo, arguably best for defence men.
The conference is weak for this season compared to the west, but strong for 2005 born and loaded with 2006. In that regard; Barrie, Miss, then ‘67s, KGN, Brantford in some order.

That is why this conference is such a wildcard this year. Relatively young but good young. I don;’t have a strong sense of the order of finish this year. I don’t think any team will run away with it. I think there are 2 or 3 bottom feeders with maybe Sudbury as a leading candidate for first. Then it is a gaggle of teams all bunched up as average to slightly above average.

I could honestly see a scenario where five teams 3rd through 7th are separated by 4 points at the end of the year.

Reactions: BarberPole9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad