Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Why wouldn't Arizona have taken back Zaitsev in the deal a couple of weeks ago, and added another 2nd rd pick to their stockpile?

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Uhh debatable?
Barrie (seen by some as just a cap dump)
A guy who went last in the first last year, and this years pick which would be a pick in the 20s.

Ottawas first is much better of an asset. Id say its similar.
Crazy tho how he was expected to return a haul and got way below market value while being in a sellers market. Arizona GM dropped the ball hard on this one lol

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Chychrun fantasy owner here. Pissed that I missed out on weeks of production for this and landed in the worst possible situation
I'm pretty happy. He's better than Chabot, so he'll get PP1. And Ottawa's forwards can do some damage. It's a lot better than him playing on the PP2 on a better team

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Honestly, this should be a case study of how you lose all leverage. Half the league was interested in this guy and Arizona's insane prices likely drove them away

Boston with Orlov
Edmonton with Ekholm
LA with Gavrikov
Toronto with McCabe

Coyotes realized they were left at the dance with no partner and started to panic. Great deal by Ottawa
One of those things is not like the others

Love

Feb 29, 2012
1677712705521.jpeg

1677712715268.jpeg

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It’s not so bad.

I expected two late 1sts and a late 2nd. This is an early-mid 1st and two mid-late 2nds.

Not great, not terrible. Happy it’s over. And Chychrun goes to the place he wanted.

Based on some of your topics, this is not even close to your expectation of top prospects and picks. Arizona GM did horrendous.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
So many people going to say "we could have done that" but how many would also have been pissed if their team had traded what could very well be a top 10 pick in this years draft?

You would think Chych helps Ottawa lower the value of that first, but you never know. Either way, well done Dorion.
The risk we take is also our leverage for value the other way.

Atleast now it’s in our hands.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Good trade and good time to move for the Senators. Chychrun is what they need and helps a blue line that really needed it. He could stand to stay healthier, but Dorion waiting out Arizona on this was incredibly well done. And credit to the Senators for their drafting of late, building a core, and being able to have the internal talent to withstand moving these picks. Arizona waiting 18 months on a package like that? Better nail those picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad