Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Honestly, this should be a case study of how you lose all leverage. Half the league was interested in this guy and Arizona's insane prices likely drove them away

Boston with Orlov
Edmonton with Ekholm
LA with Gavrikov
Toronto with McCabe

Coyotes realized they were left at the dance with no partner and started to panic. Great deal by Ottawa

The fact Arizona went from demanding Debrusk/Swayman + 1st + a prospect like Lysell to this speaks volumes.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I feel like the return is about right for the player he is. I think everyone is looking at the return vs what Arizona said they were looking for - not his true value.

Reactions: Astyanax

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Not saying canucks should have gone for it
But they paid nyi 1st 2nd, they could have added another 3rd rder to get chychun instead of hronek?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Why exactly didn't Edmonton top this offer and settle for Ekholm instead? As bad a return as it is for Arizona, I don't love it for Ottawa. Chychrun is likely walking in two years, they are spending a lot of draft capital lately and not that competitive.
Does Edmonton have a top 15 draft pick to move? Ottawa could still easily slide down and have that pick end up being around ~10.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
So looks like it's true that Arizona refused to take any money back.

Just relocate them already.
Nah, they just need an arena and to hit on some picks at the top of the draft and they'll be a solid franchise. They've had some bad luck and are good for the League's TV footprint because that's a big market. Keeping them in AZ makes sense.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Ottawa: has gotten Debrincat and Chychrun for 2 first rounders, 3 second rounders, and a third rounder

Tanner Jeannot: fetched a former first round pick, a first rounder, a second rounder, a third rounder, and a fourth rounder

Make it make sense lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad